South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Beach Chat - Friday May 25

Good morning and Paul is with me in my mug again this morning. I think that is my favourite Keurig pods but maybe it's the name, not the taste.

A huge flock of Canada geese was my wake-up alarm this morning. I guess the very hot weather convinced them to get the heck outta here and move farther north. We have a couple of goose families that have settled in the creek above the Mill dam. The babies are so cute and are changing so fast. We did have a gosling parade across the road a week ago which stopped traffic. For Delta excitement, that's right up there with a snapping turtle ambling across the road. Gotta love life in a small town if you can stand the excitement!

Another full day of "stuff" ahead but crazy Book Club is tonight. I am feeling a tad burned out from physical stuff and the heat but will still go. It's not too strenuous to sip wine and avoid serious book discussion.

Six more planters and the gazebo to plant in the Village and I'll be done. I just may skip gym this morning and do them before the heat hits. My garden helper has school and doesn't get here until nearly three. By then it's too hot and I'm too tired to do much.

On we go with Friday and the start of Memorial Day weekend for the USA folks. Enjoy!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - it is crazy warm here too, I mentioned to DH that we need to get the A/C in!! Do many people up yonder have A/C? I need to find a book club like that around here! (Paul was a hottie, wasn't he?!)

Enjoying a few minutes of quiet. I'm helping out with grandparents day at school (esp. since my kids' grandparents aren't coming in), I'm picking up 4 doz bagels and 3 doz muffins. I hope to get exercise in sometime too before having to meet the kids after their early dismissal. A half day of work this afternoon (yesterday was CA-RAZY!!), then it's the WEEKEND!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-25-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Paul Newman's Special Blend Extra Bold is my absolute favorite K-cup, Ruth. I've started ordering it by the case so I never run out again.

I think our AC units will be going in this weekend, as last night the ceiling fans just weren't cutting it. I think Jake opened our pool just in time, and the grandkids plan to have their first swim of the season this afternoon.

I plan to stop by Mom & Dad's for a visit while waiting for the bank to open, then I want to run to Trader Joe's for groceries. That should about take up my morning, and my afternoon is free for some 'me' time.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Twynn, lots of ACs "up here". No snow and ice either. Our temperatures run high eighties to mid-nineties in late spring to early fall. Anyone who can afford AC has it. Most upscale new homes have it as part of their heating system.

Just tried to change the B&W and colour cartridge in my printer and discovered the "colour" cartridge is black and white. I guess I'm off to town. Grrrr!

I'd like cream cheese with my bagel, please.

Cottage, give your Mum a hug for me ... and one for yourself too!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning all It's very humid here but the temps are still okay. I can't believe it rained again yesterday. My lawn and garden are really suffering because it never dries out enough to get out there. hope it dries out this weekend.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

I had no idea it was Friday until I read this thread, and I've been up for almost two hours!

I have my workout with my mom and trainer today, then grocery shopping, then work this afternoon. This evening is our neighborhood's annual BBQ and the food will be abundant and probably almost all off plan. I'm going to eat at home after work and go late and just avoid the food tables entirely this year.

We started shopping with our son for apartment "supplies" last night and it is overwhelming how much you need to get started! He can only handle it in small doses and is driving DH and me crazy. Sigh.

Cat - Thank you for offering! If nothing else we might need recommendations for where to shop for certain things. His apartment is in Historic Bethlehem, right on W Broad St.

Ruth - What's the book?

Twynn - My son didn't have a/c for the four years of college out your way but is happy that his new apartment has central air.

Linda - Let us know if you find anything new and exciting at TJs, please.

Cyndi - Horribly humid here too and it is finally raining. We are soooo behind for the year.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We're just getting ready to leave for Denver. Today's agenda is picking up food/supplies for Sunday's baby shower.

We found a grteat restaurant yesterday which boasted organic pizza and salads. We ordered a multigrain crust light on cheese and a large salad. Both were equally fantastic and we found out that this restaurant hires homeless who are trying to become gainfully employed. They work for a year then this business helps them find another job so they can train a new person. We'll definitely be going again.

Well...have a great day everyone!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Very humid day here as well, got my run in this morning even though I am still dragging. DD2 is still running a fever I am calling the Doctor this am to see if we can get an appointment today.

I am hoping it will be a quiet day at work the commute was lighter not as many people going into work this morning.

Hope you enjoy the start of this Memorial weekend. I think we are going to Six Flags to Hurricane Harbour tomorrow if DD2 is feeling better.

Have a great day
Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Made my new egg concoction for breakfast again. I could get hooked on it
Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning sorry I am so late, way too much to catch up on. Debbie twhat an amazing restaurant! Kudos to the owner's sense of responsibility and business model, very impressed.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/183.2/150

Good Morning everyone

I am guessing it will be a hot humid day here today, as well. When I left for work it was humid but comfortable outside but I hear a high near 90 degrees today. We had the most bizzare rain storm yesterday. It was overcast skies one minute then the next it was pouring rain so hard you couldn't see out the windows for about 15-20 minutes. Then as suddenly as it started it stopped and the sun came and it was the most beautiful evening ever. My kids watched in awe!

Happy friday to all. It is the start of Memorial Weekend for me. Off to FIL for a BBQ on Saturday, then friends at our house for BBQ on Sunday. I am going to have to be inventive to stay on plan at FIL's but I am sure I'll figure it out. Planning fish on Sunday's BBQ, so can't wiat.

Next week will be the last few days of school for the kids, (still counting down every day). Then dance recital next weekend!! Then finally a bit of a break from activity every single day. Can you tell I am excited!?

Have a great day. I will check in later.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Jennifer, it's called Pizza Fusion. It's a small franchise right now. Here are the states where they have them (if I can post it). It seems that the Denver owner has taken his own step to work with the Denver Coalition for the Homeless.

http://franchise.pizzafusion.com/fra...locations.aspx

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-25-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Jennifer, it's called Pizza Fusion. It's a small franchise right now. Here are the states where they have them (if I can post it). It seems that the Denver owner has taken his own step to work with the Denver Coalition for the Homeless.

http://franchise.pizzafusion.com/fra...locations.aspx
They had one near me but it closed for some reason. I never ate there.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187.6/170.4/140

Default Back... yet again

I am back after a long hiatus to the SBD forum. I think the hiatus has been something like 5 or 6 years. A lot of personal stuff has happened during this period that has consumed my time and not allowed me to contribute to this forum.

I was able to stay on the maintenance portion of the diet, though and maintained my weight. Until last year, that is. I was diagnosed with the most agressive form of breast cancer in March 2011. After a number of complications, and a weight gain of more than 50 lbs, I am back to the need to lose those pounds once again.

I am just finishing up a year of chemo, and the oncologist has said that it is time to lose the weight and become fit. In fact, he told me that this is my full time/part time job right now. Soooo, to follow my docotr's orders, I started SBD phase 1 a couple of weeks ago and got back on the fitness regimen. So far, I have lost 10 pounds and am up to 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes strength and 15 minutes flexibility exercises.

It's good to be back. I look forward to meeting the new people and reconnecting with the seasoned people.

Everyone, have a great weekend. Talk later.

Peggy
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Thanks Debbie next time I am in NJ I am definitely going to try it. The one in Ridgewood isn't too far from me. My BFF lives in NJ so we can have a lunch date.
Closed Thread