Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Question Traveling on Atkins

I've got a week long conference at the start of June. I'll be spending 10 hours each day at a conference center without a chance to get to the food center except for lunch. Besides nuts, jerky, and bars, any suggestions on what I can tuck into my laptop bag? I'll plan on eating a very hearty breakfast before I go, but I'm used to eating a couple of hours on this plan.

I've been in ketosis from another program since March, so I'm OK with some OWN phase foods. And I'm handy in the kitchen, so I'm not opposed to making from scratch something that travels well. Just scratching my head over what it would be.

Thanks!
offkilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

hello there you could stick some chicken strips in your laptop bag. I usually bake or roast some chicken strips and I like them when they are just out of the oven and cold. I know I've seen a few receipes on the main board so you may want to have a look at those as well..

It seems like you have everything planned which is a good thing..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #3  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Cold cuts and cheese, lol! I had a super busy and stressful beginning to my week and for two days that's what I ate, with lettuce, rolled up. I had roast beef cut at he deli counter. My best advice if you do this, make sure you put the meat in something leak proof...or your lap top bag will smell meaty...
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 306/253/205

Height: 5' 10"

I like the crunch of celery with full fat cream cheese in it, it satisfies a need in me to chew and gives me texture. Pack them in a zip lock bag to keep things clean and dry!
lilywinsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/158/135

Height: 5'4"

I guess part of the problem is our hotel doesn't have a mini-fridge Otherwise I'd be set to have meat-snacks. I suppose I could try to keep enough ice in the room, but I wouldn't put much faith in that when I'm gone for 10 hours!

Globetrotter: I'm sure trying to plan in advance. I've run into trouble when I don't.

Ghost: LOL, I've had food leak. No fun!

Lilywinsit: Last night I had cream cheese mixed with sour cream and green onions with small bits of roast beef in my celery. Like a crunch beef rollup!
offkilter is offline   Reply With Quote