Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Thread Thursday 5/24/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #2  
start IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 235/195/175

Height: 5'8"

I have never had rhubarb and have been seeing that lots of people have this on program. How do I prepare, do you use the whole stalk, etc. What does it taste like, should I add a sweetener or not. Any help is appreciated, thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakecathy View Post
I have never had rhubarb and have been seeing that lots of people have this on program. How do I prepare, do you use the whole stalk, etc. What does it taste like, should I add a sweetener or not. Any help is appreciated, thanks
I only use the frozen rhubarb so it is allready cut up in chunks. I microwave it for about 5 mins, put it in a food processor so it comes out like applesauce then add WF strawberry syrup & WF carmel dip to it. It is very very tart so I have to sweaten it.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody

I woke up at 4:00 this morning, but I did go to bed at 9 last night so I had plenty of sleep it just feels way to early for me. It is kinda nice to sit here in the quiet with everyone sleeping and have my coffee. There is a nice calm to the house. Anyhow, no major plans today it is supposed to be nice out finally, I think I will putter around outside in the yard today and get some sun.

have a great day and good luck at all the WI's today.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. Today is my son's last exam; last day of high school. how did this happen? Didn't I just watch him get on the bus for the very first time?? Anyway.. I just wanted to say good morning too. I started exercise this week (i'm in week 5). My coach said to keep the intense cardio to once a week so I went to kickboxing class Tuesday and last night walked 1.5 miles. i've tried doing some reading on cardio and ketosis and honestly there's some confusing information out there. I'm going to take the advice you all give and just see how it affects me at my WI next week. All I know is that I feel better mentally when I get to hit something I didn't spar, but just hitting the bag and drilling was a mental break.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Renee
Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #6  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Good morning everyone,
for the first time today since I started IP I will be going to the restaurant for a friend's birthday. I'm excited :-) I looked at the menu and there are many options to stay OP. Can't wait ;-)

Have a great day!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: see ticker :)

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone !

Looks like it is going to be another beautiful day !

The scale hasn't been moving, but I won't be discouraged. I am going to keep on trudging on. Off to walk to work. Have a great OP day everyone !
Old 05-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #8  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning everyone. WI #8 today. Damn it I'm nervous. I'm glad I changed from 11:20 to 09:20!

I hope everyone has an awesome OP day.

Here puppy, puppy, looking for that chubby Chihuahua! Or two skinny Chihuahuas!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/182/120

Height: 5ft1in

Good morning everyone. I haven't posted in a bit but I have lurked whenever I can find the time (I'm on dial-up, no choice here, and even going to the next page takes soooo long and sometimes even causes my Internet Explorer to stop working and freeze up! Very frustrating!)

Anyway, I wanted to share my coach's latest advice as I am a bit frustrated and starting to feel like it's all a sales pitch (or "push"). Three weeks ago I started the Novi-Cure and have not felt as well physically while doing it but, I followed her advice and the results on the scale have been great. Two weeks ago I started three weeks of what she calls the "cellulite program"-no restricted whatsoever (that's been hard) and no occasional vegetable (getting pretty boring).

After yesterday's WI I am now 2.2 pounds from goal! I am thrilled beyond belief! However, my coach has said all along that I should stay on Phase 1 until I reach goal because, on Phase 2 you only lose "half as much" and you will gain back 3-5 when you move onto Phase 3 and 4 and restore your Glucogen. Now that I am saying even if I don't lose the full 2.2 lbs at next week's WI I want to start Phase 2, she is trying to encourage me to stay on Phase 1 until I am 3-5 pounds under goal!

Reading this forum I know people do still lose in Phase 2 and I have bought 100% IP products from her all along, supplements, WF products, IP food! I'm feeling a bit disapointed with her attitude. I did rebel a bit yesterday and bought some restricted which I plan to have every other day, this week. In the ten weeks I have been on the plan, so far, I have only been "allowed" four weeks of using restricted. Gonna love me some rasberry bars this week. lol.

Thank you for letting me vent this morning. I am so, so happy with the IP program and my results, that's what I want to focus on for sure. Just need to be firm at my next WI. (Oh yes, she also introduced me to a personal trainer, who works out of her basement, with this vibration machine? that is supposed to help with target-reducing..)

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Sorry for not "contributing" more often but even as a lurker I feel like I am part of this wonderful family and am so very grateful for all of you.

I'll keep reading, whenever I can.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning IP family!
Started my first morning on P3, and I feel yucky!
I don't know if it's the big breakfast that my body isn't used to, or that it was so early (5:30) because I never really ate breakfast much, and never that early, or if it's because of TOM, but I feel gross.
On a happier note, I lost another pound during P2 last week!

... and to think that a few months ago I joined the IP family with great reservations. I was convinced that this was just another scam that I would waste my money on, because after all I'm 47, the weight does not move, and I have failed at costly diet on top of costly diet, on top of expensive exercise equipment, wasted gym memberships, and even ridiculously priced DVDs, Tapes and other various promising programs. This program is the real deal! If it can work for me, it can work for you!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #11  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
Good morning everyone. Today is my son's last exam; last day of high school. how did this happen? Didn't I just watch him get on the bus for the very first time?? Anyway.. I just wanted to say good morning too. I started exercise this week (i'm in week 5). My coach said to keep the intense cardio to once a week so I went to kickboxing class Tuesday and last night walked 1.5 miles. i've tried doing some reading on cardio and ketosis and honestly there's some confusing information out there. I'm going to take the advice you all give and just see how it affects me at my WI next week. All I know is that I feel better mentally when I get to hit something I didn't spar, but just hitting the bag and drilling was a mental break.
Have a wonderful Thursday!
Renee
It was only yesterday! My son is 9 and I have his cute little face burned in my mind. Be grabbed the railing on the bus and pulled himself up that first step. He had an enormous smile on his face. He loved riding the bus. He used to fall asleep on the bus on the way home.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

reneepw: Thank you for the compliment yesterday.

sat2nite: If you are weiging in at home, the best time to weigh is first thing in the morning in your birthday suit after you pee. This is your tru weight.

Good Morning IPeeps:

It looks like is it is going to be a beautiful day here in East Tennessee. I can't wait! I'm already tired of the rainy dreary days that we have been having.

I got up this morning at 4:30 and started my work out on the Wii Fit and when it did my stats it showed that I have a 3.3 pound loss since I started working out on it Monday evening, woohoo!! But this is not my offical weigh in so I am not going to do back flips over it or anything, but again woohoo!!

CONGRATULATIONS on ALL the losses so far. Everyone is rocking this plan. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this plan? If I haven't......I LOVE THIS PLAN.....I really wish I had found it long ago. But, if I had would I have stuck with it? I don't think my mind was in the right place when I tried losing before, even tho I was over it and wanted to lose, I wasn't like I am now. I am determined to not let anything or anyone stand in my way of getting to mu goal and I will run you over if you try to sabotage me.

I came across this the other night and thought I would share:

You Can Be Whatever You Want To Be!

There inside you
All of the potential
To be whatever you want to be;
All of the energy
To do whatever you want to do.
Imagine yourself as you would like to be,
Doing what you want to do,
And each day, take one step
Towards your dream.
And though at times it may seemd too
difficult to continue,
Hold on to your dream.
One morning you will awake to find
That you are the person you dreamed of,
Doing what you wanted to do,
Simply because you had the courage
To believe in your potential
And hold onto your dream.

I never had the courage to believe in my potential and I think that is why I never succeeded in continueing my weight loss before.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Morning IP family!
Started my first morning on P3, and I feel yucky!
I don't know if it's the big breakfast that my body isn't used to, or that it was so early (5:30) because I never really ate breakfast much, and never that early, or if it's because of TOM, but I feel gross.
On a happier note, I lost another pound during P2 last week!

... and to think that a few months ago I joined the IP family with great reservations. I was convinced that this was just another scam that I would waste my money on, because after all I'm 47, the weight does not move, and I have failed at costly diet on top of costly diet, on top of expensive exercise equipment, wasted gym memberships, and even ridiculously priced DVDs, Tapes and other various promising programs. This program is the real deal! If it can work for me, it can work for you!

Have a great day everyone!

You just motivated me. Way to go. Goal is less than ten pounds away. That is awesome! Anyone looking for a used cybex stepper of Nordic trak? Oh and some Richard Simmons VHS tapes!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Glad to welcome a new day! Yesterday was a weird one for me. I was very thirsty all day. I ended up drinking 5 of my 32 oz bottles of water which I feel like I promptly retained. Don't know what that will do to my WI tomorrow...guess we will see what today brings.

To everyone that has WIs today...best wishes for a great one!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Nilouve
I must have been posting at the same time as you... my post was not meant to oppose yours!
I'm so sorry that your coach isn't being supportive! It should not be like that! When I approached my coach about moving to P2 she asked me how I was feeling and my reasoning... etc, and then told me that she supported my decision and helped me plan the transition.
Ultimately YOU are in charge of your program, and your coach should do just that, coach and support you. You have had phenomenal success so far, and you should be able to move to P2 when you feel ready!
Closed Thread