Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Default just got back from WI and learned things i am doing wrong

only lost 1/2 lb but I still have a positive outlook. I have been drinking perrier which has carbonation and that slows weight loss by putting the ph balance in body off, I was having 2 tomatoes a day, 4 eggs ( only 2 egg yolks) and using truvia in my coffee instead of splenda. So.. pushing forward and making changes and looking forward to seeing a nice drop on the scale next week
enr20707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

That is 1/2lbs you no longer have to tote around....be proud of that. You have learned a few things you need to change, Tomatoes are occassional so only twice a week....You are doing great so keep it up
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/129

Height: 5/3"

enr20707, what a wonderful attitude! I wish I could be that upbeat...I will take a leaf from your book!
Thanks for posting!
Copperhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #4  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Can I ask why your coach suggested the Splenda over stevia?
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #5  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I thought we were allowed Perrier!

Luckily, I don't like this stuff and almost never drink it.

Thanks for sharing
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #6  

My coach said to have the stevia (truvia) instead of the splenda. Also, you mentioned about the eggs- aren't two eggs okay to have? If you have 2 eggs -- does that count as your 8 oz. of protein?

Here are some things I learned this week, and the changes I'm trying to do:
I am not a breakfast eater, so I was ending up squishing all my packets into a narrower time frame. On busy days, I was having a packet at 5, 8, and 9 with my protein dinner at 7 (all pm hours). My coach said to try and eat breakfast, so I am trying to spread out my meals and I have been having the yogurt drink for breakfast. I find myself much hungrier throughout the day when I have breakfast. But, I do have more brain energy and focus from eating a little something. What do you all experience with breakfast vs. no breakfast? I do like saving my food for my evil snacking hours later in the day.

Also, my coach has me eating my restricted during the day instead of right before I go to sleep. She said that a high carb. snack right before bed time is not the best choice. Instead, I am having a not restricted packet after dinner. I am very open to these new changes (except the being hungrier part). This whole diet is so life changing. I am on day 13, and I love it! I struggled the first week (and almost gave up). I am so glad I am sticking with this and giving all my trust in the program, my coaches, and these forums.
explore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore View Post
My coach said to have the stevia (truvia) instead of the splenda. Also, you mentioned about the eggs- aren't two eggs okay to have? If you have 2 eggs -- does that count as your 8 oz. of protein?

I am not a breakfast eater, so I was ending up squishing all my packets into a narrower time frame. On busy days, I was having a packet at 5, 8, and 9 with my protein dinner at 7 (all pm hours). My coach said to try and eat breakfast, so I am trying to spread out my meals and I have been having the yogurt drink for breakfast. I find myself much hungrier throughout the day when I have breakfast. But, I do have more brain energy and focus from eating a little something. What do you all experience with breakfast vs. no breakfast? I do like saving my food for my evil snacking hours later in the day.

Also, my coach has me eating my restricted during the day instead of right before I go to sleep. She said that a high carb. snack right before bed time is not the best choice. Instead, I am having a not restricted packet after dinner. I am very open to these new changes (except the being hungrier part). This whole diet is so life changing. I am on day 13, and I love it! I struggled the first week (and almost gave up). I am so glad I am sticking with this and giving all my trust in the program, my coaches, and these forums.
I've read in a few places that egg whites (2) are 'free' but forgot to ask my coach monday. I hope that's true! As for breakfast - I feel better when i eat it so even if its late, I do get something in me. I've been doing the yogurt drink with a cup of spinach at work; or when working from home i make the omelette with spinach and peppers. Either of those do fill me up for several hours.
I just finished my first month and I love it too!
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #8  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I'm curious about this too - I'm pretty sure my coach said stevia is ok.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Just so you know, truvia has 3g of carbs.
NOVAScents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #10  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Breakfast is important. Don't skip. And you are right eating it does make you hungrier in the day. I bet that's why so many of us skipped it but don't. I used to. There is a link between skipping breakfast and putting weight on.

Please spread out your packets. We need the protein every few hours.

My understanding is stevia is fine on this diet. Many coaches and IP recommend it. But, Truvia has something else in it. I looked it up. It's not just stevia so that must be where those extra carbs come from.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneepw View Post
I've read in a few places that egg whites (2) are 'free' but forgot to ask my coach monday. I hope that's true! As for breakfast - I feel better when i eat it so even if its late, I do get something in me. I've been doing the yogurt drink with a cup of spinach at work; or when working from home i make the omelette with spinach and peppers. Either of those do fill me up for several hours.
I just finished my first month and I love it too!
I asked my coach tonight about the 2 egg whites....she said that i could have them as my protein for dinner. She doesn't consider them as free. I've seen some conflicting thoughts on here though about being free.......all i can say is that i had them a few times this last week, over and above the regular protein allotment, and i still lost 3 lbs...but i will be watching if i start to plateau or slow down on the losing........
wendywendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I find that I am much hungrier too if I have a shake for breakfast. If I eat something like an omelet, or the cereal, or even the mashed potatoes for breakfast (sorry if that seems gross), I tend to make it through to lunch.

My first week was easier than this week. I got a box of strawberry wafers and fell off the wagon. I am not sure why but my body seemed to think I was back to my old ways and voila. I am having trouble getting back on plan and I am hoping I can get back on track tomorrow.
tink86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #13  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Funny how we are all getting conflicting information from our various coaches.

I have been told to drop Splenda in favor or Stevia.
I have been told egg whites are 'free' and 2 whole eggs can be substitued for my lean protein
I have been told no sparkling water, carbonated beverages, even the 0/0/0 ones as the acid in them messes with IP. My coach and I are still arguing the differences between citric acid and phosphoric acid, but we will settle this tomorrow.
I have been told cucumbers, celery, salad are free BUT cucumbers can also be counted to the 4 cups of veggies, and cukes peeled and unpeeled have different carb counts.

Its all been quite confusing....

It would be nice if IP had a SOLID PLAN posted on the internet or somewhere that we could all reference to validate or argue these points. Why arent ALL coaches receiving the same training???
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
I asked my coach tonight about the 2 egg whites....she said that i could have them as my protein for dinner. She doesn't consider them as free. I've seen some conflicting thoughts on here though about being free.......all i can say is that i had them a few times this last week, over and above the regular protein allotment, and i still lost 3 lbs...but i will be watching if i start to plateau or slow down on the losing........
I don't know if you meant two egg whites as an extra protein at dinner?

Two egg whites don't have nearly enough protein if they are your only protein at that meal.

Many coaches suggest two egg whites as an allowable extra. They are very low cal and carb and fat free and are a good source of protein.

They are great to use in recipes made with the packages, it gives much more variety to the program.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
My coach also says no Splenda, only stevia which is fine with me as it is natural vs. Splenda.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote