Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 05-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #1  
Woman on a mission!!!

S/C/G: 211.05/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Default I want to keep my curves!!!

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. I like being a curvy girl! I am blessed with a great booty and great boobs! Both of which I had before I gained all my baby weight and both which I don't want to lose now!!!

I have more belly now than I ever did before I had a baby and that is my biggest concern. My legs, butt and arms can all use some work and toning as well but they are not my biggest concern. Does anyone have advice on how I can keep some of my curves but get rid of this belly or am I just dreaming??

Another things is skin. I ultimately want to lose 60 pounds in total. Should I expect A LOT of excessive skin? My gym at home has a few weight resistant machines but nothing like I used to use when I had a membership at 24hr fitness. Any advice on easy ways to minimize excessive skin? I really look forward to your tips!!
shainasb818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

If you had them before you gained weight, you will keep them after you lose the weight.

The skin issue is so dependent on so many things that no one can know for sure how they will fair in that area. Genetics, how long you were overweight, how much weight you lose, etc determine if it shrinks up or not.

I have pretty bad loose skin, but my husband likes the thinner me WITH loose skin ever so much more than the heavier me and that seems to be the general consensus about loose skin if you get it.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'1

Lol, right there with you! Love to loose the weight, but scared on loosing the curves. I don't have advice, unfortunately, but wanted you to know that you are not alone in that one thought at all!. I hope to hear any advice on this topic myself .
RainbowWimsii87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #4  
Woman on a mission!!!

RainbowWimsii87 glad to know I am not alone!! I want to keep my thickness and not be a skinny twig!! I have found many men love a thick woman but I definitely need some work!!

berryblondeboys Thanks for your thoughts. Sounds like I will just have to wait and see what happens down the road!!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #5  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I highly doubt that you'll lose them if you had them before. I actually am A LOT curvier now (and did the measurements here to prove it ).

As for loose skin, I've lost more than that and it really isn't that bad for me (just a bit on my breasts and lower abdomen) but nothing that can't be hid with a well-fitting bra and underwear! Granted, it all comes down to genetics/age etc but I really don't find the loose skin annoying at all and I enjoy my new body much more.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #6  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I kept my curves!! My measurements were 40-35-45 and they're now 36-28-38. I kept my hourglass figure just much smaller and more defined lol Dont worry you'll keep your curves :-)

Last edited by caramelkitty; 05-17-2012 at 03:27 PM.
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

I am happy with my curves (I am smaller now than I was at age 12, so I wasn't sure what was hiding under there). I lucked out and my loose skin is not nearly as bad as I thought - sure I have batwings and deflated breasts and a sad situation in the lower tummy & upper thigh area - but ultimately it's up to genetics and time.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #8  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Here we go... Lift weights!!!

I've weighed slightly less than my current, on my journey... but admittedly looked rather gaunt and thin (in a bad way). After adding heavy lifting to my routine, everything started to firm up and round out in a fantastic way!!! I had to learn to stop looking at the number on the scale and start using how my body feels and looks as my main measures of progress.

AND like the other ladies said, if you were curvy before, you'll be curvy again!

As far as skin goes... yeah I have some. There's a little spot on my lower belly that sags, but it's easily tucked into underclothes and swim bottoms. My inner thighs are a little saggy, but it shrinks up as time goes by. It'll be ok!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #9  
Woman on a mission!!!

Thank you ladies for all the feedback!!! I should really get my measurements in ASAP. I have never really measured myself and I'm honestly not too sure where and how I should!

ValRock Weights is what I have been told in the past. I don't think the few options I have at my home gym are too great so I think I will look into buying some of my own to use.

runningfromfat Your pictures are very inspiring!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #10  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by shainasb818 View Post
Thank you ladies for all the feedback!!! I should really get my measurements in ASAP. I have never really measured myself and I'm honestly not too sure where and how I should!

ValRock Weights is what I have been told in the past. I don't think the few options I have at my home gym are too great so I think I will look into buying some of my own to use.

runningfromfat Your pictures are very inspiring!!!
Thanks! I also want to second weights (and if you need a good starting point I always recommend the New Rules of Lifting for Women). I wear a lot smaller sizes now that I'm lifting than I did in the past at the same weight.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

I am so there with you!! I had really big boobs and a big butt before I gained all of this weight and I am hoping I keep it too!! I like being curvy, I just want to be healthy and loose all of this weight I have gained.

Good luck!
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

My curves look way better now that I'm smaller.. I still nitpick about flab here and there but my shape looks more defined. Bra size went from a 38h to a 32 GG. I think it's different for everybody! Good luck
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 287/175/180

Height: 5'9"

I echo the ladies who say weight lifting- that's what makes your booty perky and round instead of wide an saggy. Squat, lunge and step-up. Boobs are a little more difficult because they are mostly fatty tissue. Most women who lose weight lose breast tissue. I know I did. But I have to say, I'm happy with my curviness. I also did not want to ever be "skinny" and my boyfriend likes "thick" ladies, so I really wanted to keep my womanly curves.
My measurements are 37, 29, 38 currently and I'm pretty happy with that
k8yk is offline   Reply With Quote