Old 05-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

Default Trying Atkins for real!

So I've decided that since I can't starve myself long enough to reach my ideal weight I'll take a different route: Atkins! Obviously I'm kidding when I talk about starving myself!!!

I have a problem with sugar/carb/sweets; I can never get enough of it. Never took drugs but I understand the vicious cycle of addiction... You want it soooo bad that you just can't find a logical or good reason not to empty the box of cookies...

I tried Atkins a while back and I had great results at the beginning but since I never stay longer then 2 weeks on a diet I wasn't able to see the long term effect. I liked Atkins because once I was in ketosis I felt so pump! So good and focused. It really was amazing, I guess that why a ketogenic diet is used for epilepsy treatment; saw somewhere that ketones are the best fuel for the brain! But after 2 weeks of losing and feeling good I let my guard down and opps I was out of ketosis and back on eating my sweets

So I'm going back! Will start on Sunday if not before, just need to clean my fridge and pantry; why have ice cream, cookies under your nose if you can't have them! And no I'm not gonna eat it all I'm gonna give it to my sisters (not nice I know) or simply throw them away. Also need to get some ketostix....

Anyone wants to start with me? Let's be Atkins Buddies...anyone??
happyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #2  
I'm blessed, yes!

Wink Hello!

I would like to join you on this journey! Your starting Sunday I will start tomorrow Saturday since I'm heading to the YMCA I feel so pumped
Deadlydame13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #3  

Red face Day 1 on Atkins....

So I was good and cleaned up my fridge and pantry so I can start Atkins today, Sat. May 12. I really need to stick to this for at least 40 days; I red somewhere that you need 30 or 40 days to make an daily action an habit. I NEED to stick to this, I have to find the drive and courage and willpower to make it happen for me once and for all!! Atkins is a good choice for me because 1. you see weight loss pretty early on into the diet and that's really encouraging, 2. you never feel like your starving since your appetite diminishes a lot 3. you're burning the fat away (some muscle too but you lose some you win some I guess) and you have the ketostix to prove it.

I've been yoyo dieting for so long... I'm tired of always having a new starting date; May 12, 2012 is my last! This is the beginning of a new life for me.

So let's start losing weight FOR REAL!!!! I gained one pound since I joined the forum about a month ago!!! I'm suppose to lose not gain, unless it's muscle....but trust me I don't think that one pound is muscle weight

So induction is on until I feel comfortable enough to move on. I know some stay on induction until they reach they goal weight or pretty close, can't really decide yet; too early in the game. Let's try to stay on for 2 weeks first
Old 05-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlydame13 View Post
I would like to join you on this journey! Your starting Sunday I will start tomorrow Saturday since I'm heading to the YMCA I feel so pumped
So happy to have a buddy!!! I'm starting Saturday too, so we're both ON!!!

Have you ever tried Atkins before?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #5  

DeadlyDame;

Congrats on your weight loss so far!!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/157.6/130

Height: 5" 2.5"

I started on Saturday, May 5, so I'll tag along with y'all.

The amazing thing with this diet is I'm not hungry. Battling a few temptations but truly not hungy.

I've lost 3.6 pounds and I think I'll stay in Induction phase until I lose 10 pounds.

Good luck to us!
lose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #7  
I'm blessed, yes!

Talking Hi girls :)

Ok let me start off by .....well let's see I lost drum rolllllll 4lbs .....I'm so happy because yesterday was moms day n I didn't do so well :/ anyways today is my actual start day so let's say my start weight is 174.
@happyrunner yayyeee we r partners we can do this! No haven't done Atkins before I did try but gave up after 2 days but now I feel I can do it!!! I do kick boxing ,gym,walking and Zumba I had a csection 2 months ago n can't really do abs wih I could though!!! One more month n i will! So how's it going what are ur goals? Do u work out?
Old 05-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #8  
I'm blessed, yes!

Thumbs up @lose30!

Congrats!!!!!!!!! On ur weight loss so far!!!!!?? :celebra te:
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlydame13 View Post
Ok let me start off by .....well let's see I lost drum rolllllll 4lbs .....I'm so happy because yesterday was moms day n I didn't do so well :/ anyways today is my actual start day so let's say my start weight is 174.
@happyrunner yayyeee we r partners we can do this! No haven't done Atkins before I did try but gave up after 2 days but now I feel I can do it!!! I do kick boxing ,gym,walking and Zumba I had a csection 2 months ago n can't really do abs wih I could though!!! One more month n i will! So how's it going what are ur goals? Do u work out?
Congrats on your loss!!!! It's so great when the scale moves down... I can't wait to weigh myself on Saturday!

I'm not really doing anything right now, I started the C25K program couple of weeks ago but didn't do much for at over a week now. Since I just started Akins I figure I'll wait for the first week before doing anything just to get my body in ketosis and pass the fatigue phase. I'll go back to running because I'm planning on running my first 5k in mid-August. I see you do exercise YO GO GIRL!!! Congrats on the new baby
Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #10  
I'm blessed, yes!

Wink :)

Hey girly!
Your doing a amazing job! ...n bravo on running I can't wait till I actually can run so how much do u want to lose?
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #11  
I'm blessed, yes!

I need a pushhhhhh I'm craving cereal
Old 05-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #12  

DeadlyDame...were you able to fight your cravings???
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #13  

Lost 2.4lb and ketostix showed ''small'' amount of ketones. Guess I'm not gonna test my urine as often, don't want to get obsess about seeing purple everyday!!!
I need to focus on exercising now! So C25K is back on....TODAY!!!!!

My goal is
Old 05-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #14  
I'm blessed, yes!

Hey ! Happyrunner yes I beat the craving by going for a 60 min walk

Congrats to u! Ur doing amazing
Old 05-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #15  

Glad you were able to hold on DeadlyDame! Great job for the substitution; cereals vs 60min walk!!!