Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/225/160

Height: 5'6

Question Has fast food helped you?

Since I got a new job and ive been doing so well at getting healthy, I decided hey im gonna treat my self and get some fast food! Well what I once thought was soo yummy grossed me out I felt like I drank a cup of oil, and I had like a fast food hangover it was not good any more. But I didnt feel guilty it made me feel better! I do like healthy food and I am strong! Has anyone else had this happen? Did you eat junk and it was not the same any more? Why?
melanieburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #2  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

My first cheat day was Red Lobster. And I decided to go with my usual choice--the fried coconut shrimp, french fries, shrimp alfredo, and caesar salad, chased by eight million biscuits.

It all just tasted greasy as heck to me, especially the coconut shrimp. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't also had the fatty alfredo on there. And the fries were just kinda gross.

That rather handily eliminated my fried food cravings.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #3  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I ate this typical dutch fast food thing the other day, it's like a hotdog but then bigger and VERY fat/greasy. I never reaiised how much fat is in there. I was sick the rest of the day. And just the thought of it now grosses me out. It made me so queesy.

Anyhow, I like my healthy foods. They don't make me sick and I Can have so many of them without feeling like wasting calories. <3

Last edited by philana; 05-16-2012 at 06:30 PM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #4  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I unfortunately haven't found that feeling of disgust for fast food! You guys are sooo lucky. Honestly! I wish I could be that put off by it. However, I am a lot more aware of what I put in my mouth and often it's not worth the calories to me. Sometimes it is though, so I try to make better choices or build what I'm having into my daily allowance. It's usually heavy enough that I don't feel like eating much else that day anyway.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #5  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

i have definitely got this! and i cannot stand the sight of ground beef anymore.... ugh...
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

The other day I went to mcdonalds and ordered my usual: double cheeseburger with extra onions.. I bit into it and it was awesome- until about halfway through.. My stomach was like "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhh".. I felt so disgusted and nauseated I couldn't eat another bite, and usually I would eat like 2 or 3 of them..

Today I went to wendys and got some fries and a 5 piece nugget, and I couldn't hardly eat them either. Did they always taste SO SALTY?? They were like drowning in salt- idk if its because I'm not used to it anymore or if they were actually accidentally salted too much.

BUT yeah, these experiences have made me realize that drooling over food I can't have is kinda pointless now- it's not going to taste how I think it will taste..
KYMommy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I've gotten to this point with all processed food. It tastes artificial and gross to me! Every time I've given in and eaten something I *thought* I wanted, along those lines, I've regretted it. I used to go out to eat every Saturday as a *cheat* meal. I've pretty much cut that out because I can't handle food that isn't real food. There are a few local places that fit the bill... but it's getting harder to find food that I like. It's funny, losing weight and getting healthy sure made me a lot pickier!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #8  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Ehh.. kind of. I never ate fast food regularly anyway and although I kind of enjoy eating it I often thought of it as too greasy.. Pretty much always regretted it. If I'm craving something like that now I make home made burgers with lots of salad and pitta bread with roasted sweet potatoes. Which is a million times nicer than any fast food place!

Oh actually I still crave Chinese food and I ate some on Sunday but the greasiness really got to me too. I was enjoying eating it but my body didn't feel great. Fried noodles are a weakness for me.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke View Post
I unfortunately haven't found that feeling of disgust for fast food! You guys are sooo lucky. Honestly! I wish I could be that put off by it. However, I am a lot more aware of what I put in my mouth and often it's not worth the calories to me. Sometimes it is though, so I try to make better choices or build what I'm having into my daily allowance. It's usually heavy enough that I don't feel like eating much else that day anyway.
I'm with you on this one. I only WISH I developed a distaste for fast food. It's my biggest downfall. Where other people crave chocolate, ice cream, etc....I crave a double cheeseburger and fries from Mickey D's. It sucks. But I guess we all have our vices and addictions. Sadly, fast food still tastes just as good as it did when I was 230 lbs. However, now that I'm 50 lbs lighter, I make much better choices when I do eat it and work it into my calories for the day. Still not healthy, but it's better than going hog wild!
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #10  

I have been very curious about this! I will try McDonalds in a few months, I've only eaten super clean since March, so I want to give it a few months to really cleanse the system and see how I react to fast food!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/225/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastedsmoke View Post
You'll get there! I am still totally addicted to pizza, cheese burgers and fries though. But I know now how it will make me feel if I eat it. This is not helping lol. But I am ok with the lean cuizine pizza they are good. But there are healthier ways to make them all. I'm glad I like to cook.
melanieburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

I felt the same way last week when I went off diet and had Wendy's ended up ordering the Spicey Chicken Sandwich with a coke and frosty, I felt so sick and bloated after eating the food, though I have to say the frosty was still pretty good. And on top of the fast food, I had a lot of other junk earlier that day and went way over calorie limit And after eating all those foods I used to love, I no longer cared for it, and also made me realize how much both I and my body loves healthy food. Eating this food also helped me as it caused my body to "refeed" and while I felt all sick and bloated for two days, three days later, with no exercise, I dropped 5 pounds So once in a while going off diet isint so bad
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

For me I have lost interest in certain fast foods, like Taco Bell (possibly because I love Quesada better) and McDonald's breakfast. MCD breakfast actually makes me pretty sick now. Apart from that, I will still eat fast food, it tastes okay, but I can only finish half a combo... For example, when I order a McChicken combo, I will end up eating all the fries first, and getting full after a few bites of the sandwich, and will drink only a quarter of the drink. I get full really easy on fast food, and recently I get EXTREMELY bloated. I don't know if that is because I haven't eaten it in a while, or because of MSG. I do love Subway still
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #14  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

A couple weeks ago, my fiance and I's friends were over to chill on the weekend and they all got late night munchies so they wanted McDonalds... which is conveniently located 30 seconds to my place... joy... but the boys went to pick it up while the girls stayed home. I said I didn't want anything, but my fiance felt bad that everyone would be eating and I wouldn't so he got me 4 McNuggets as a "snack". They're not that high in calories so I figured, why not. At least I won't crave anything later on.

As soon as i ate my second one, I got nauseous. As if my body was rejecting it. Now when I see any fast food place I just get that same vibe. It makes me sick. & I know it won't help.

Besides, I practically have to remind myself to eat food, (I have an organizer on my phone, it's that bad) because I just don't get hungry anymore, I now eat because i know I need it to survive.

Costco hotdogs are now nasty to me too. When I used to eat 2!!!!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #15  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

That's happened to me too. Some of that **** is so gross I can't believe I've put so much of it in my body in my life.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote