Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default Just lettin' out ma feelin's, lol

So last night I had date number 3 with the new fella (yay!) and we were going to go out for Thai but we ended up leaving the house too late, so we went out to Chili's. Now, I've learned my lesson for one: never ever go to a restaurant like that when I am starving because I will have no filter as to what I order! I had been craving a burger and fries for like EVER, and I figured, "****, if I'm gonna get a burger, I might as well make it a good one from a good restaurant!" So I got a mushroom & Swiss burger with fries. I didn't make it healthy in the least bit, either, lmao. I just straight up didn't give a crap -- I was gonna have my burger, and enjoy it, and not a f*** was given that evening. Well, sort of.

And fella got a burger, too. And he wasn't really trying to be healthy either, but he substituted his burger for the black bean burger (which I had considered, but I wanted some cow, lol). This wouldn't have made that much of a difference, except (and this is something that always kinda messes with me) that at the end, he'd only eaten his burger and didn't even touch his fries. I ate the entire plate. It just kinda struck me that here's this guy exercising control and what not and there I am being a fat a** and I felt kind of guilty. The feeling only lasted for about 5 seconds, but still it crossed my mind and it made me wish I had controlled myself just a little bit. Like, did I really need to eat ALL of the fries? Did I REALLY need to be a human vacuum? And what's worse, is I totally could've eaten more after that but fortunately I didn't.

Blargh. I guess a f*** was given that day, huh? Lol. XD

(PS: Sorry if anyone caught this on the "How? Just How?" thread; I forgot I was in that thread when I made this post, lmao)
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #2  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hahahaha it's ok to do that once in a while, as long as it doesn't become a habit. Once in a while, we all slip up. But what matters is that you get back to it the next day.

Your post made me laugh though, you have such a bubbly personality and remind me of myself actually, I just dont give a f*** either hahahaha.

Look I'm going to the airport to drop my sister off today, I have the option to eat a salad or a burger. I don't know what I'll eat once I get there, but if I do eat the burger, I know tomorrow I won't do the same. Meh... s*** happens lol.

Get back to it today! And I hope you had a great time on your 3rd date btw!!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/151/125

Height: 5'0

My boyfriend is 6' and 149lbs and it's hard for me to NOT feel like a fat *** when I eat around him lol. He grew up in a Mediterranean family and he is used to eating lean meats, and veggies all the time. I grew up in an American family that eats burgers and fries at least once weekly.

He can also give or take food. If he's hungry but not in the mood for what we have, he just doesn't eat. I am not like that at all. If I am hungry I will def. be eating something!

It is def. an eye opener to compare your eating habits to someone else. I think the reason I got fat in the first place was trying to keep up with my boyfriend when we would go out to eat. We usually get similar things and I would always try to 'clean my plate' to catch up with him.

It's a good thing that you enjoyed your burger and fries! I'd be a liar to say that between losing these 30lbs that I didn't have a bad meal every now and again. I think it's better to allow the things we want instead of banishing them from our daily diet, because it could backfire on us.

I dunno if you have a smart phone but if me and my friends ever go out to eat on the fly I IMMEDIATELY look up the menu to figure out what to have. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. You can still have anything you want but portion control is key in this.

And I know you say not a F was given lol, but it was if your posting on here. Good luck girl, and don't let one bad meal get you down! You got this!!!
tinkerbell4726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

for you it was a special treat, for him it was just another burger.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Your post made me laugh!!! The way your wrote it I mean. I totally know what you mean.

Also, on a side note, one of my favorite Pins on Pinterest is of this frog floating on his back in a pond and the caption reads "And not a single gram of &^%$ was given that day" and I can totally relate!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I would have eaten his fries too. So as far as I am concerned you did exercise restraint.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #7  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Burgers and fries are simply too good. It's their own fault for being delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I would have eaten his fries too. So as far as I am concerned you did exercise restraint.
Hahaha! I love it!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Me too.

Plus it was just one meal. Now I'm sure some people would feel guilty for weeks because of that burger and fries, but not you.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #9  

Quote:
I've never let my fiance's half-finished desserts go to waste... hahaha
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #10  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
You owe me one monitor cleaning!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #11  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

LOL!! You guys are all hilarious!!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 PM   #12  

It was just one meal, don't worry about it. My boyfriend constantly eats less than I do, but he gets hungry more often and he has an average figure.

I know that some diet experts recommend scheduling a once-a-week cheat day as a way to keep your cravings under control. The secret is to not allow your overeating sessions send you spiraling towards an unhealthy eating pattern.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/175/130

Height: 5'7.5"

Don't worry about it! He might have eaten a bit before the date (I even know some people who do this on purpose so that they eat lightly on the first few dates). Or had a big lunch. And, like everyone else says, it was just one meal!
kelseyvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #14  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Quote:
Oh, trust me, lol; he did in fact offer me his fries but I turned them down cause I didn't wanna feel like a COMPLETE fat ***, just a little bit of one! Lol

But omfg those fries were delicious and I totally could've inhaled his fries too. And if they were curly? -dies- I'm making myself want fries again, damnit!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #15  

You know what else though? A lot of guys complain about going on dates only to have their lady friend pick at their salad and say "I already ate". I'm sure it was refreshing to see you be comfortable enough with him to eat if you were hungry!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote