South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224.6/196/134

Height: 5'2"

Default New"ish" to SB and I'm looking for Phase 1 recipies not in the book... Ideas?

Hi all!!

I'm very excited to start SB again. I was on the diet about a year ago and was doing great. Then I lost my job and depression set in and I blew the diet and haven't cared since. Sitting home, still unemployed and barely able to breathe at night due to the weight gain I've had since I lost my job, I woke up one day and said, "ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!" I just completed week 1 and am 4 pounds closer to my goal of losing 90 pounds.

What I'd love to hear about are some Phase 1 recipes, as I plan to stay on phase one until I am under 200 pounds. I bought a bunch of different canned beans and want to make a vegetable chili but am not sure how to. Also, I would love to know how to make home made veggie burgers, boca burgers are okay but not great. What do they use for the burger part? Is it tofu or something?

Thank you all in advance!!!!

I can't wait to hear your exciting ideas.
FabBy40Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/196/145

Height: 5'5"

there are tons of recipes posted in the recipe section of this forum welcome to the board!
allforHisglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Hello Fab - RE Veg burgers - Commercial brands use Soy Isolate and Vital Wheat Gluten. TVP or TSP (Texturized Soy or Vegetable) protein is readily available, as is the Vital Wheat gluten. Bob's Red Mill is a brand name sold in the health food section of larger grocery stores. My problem as a 30 vegetarian is that too much Soy is bad for my already damaged Thyroid, and I'm beginning to think that anything with Wheat isn't too good for me either. I'm going to start working on various bean/nut burger recipes. Think Falafel burger....
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5"4

Welcome to the board!
NerdyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Melanie is right the boards are great for recipes. if you have an iPhone or iPad you can get the SB app which has recipes posted daily.
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224.6/196/134

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for the tips. I noticed the recipes at the top after I posted the question LOL OPPS
FabBy40Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome. And, yes, we have GREAT recipes on here
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote