Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 10:40 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat - Week of 8/17**

Hi All,

Hope we all have happy babies this week!! Peter's sacked out, but seems to be improving. He's got a little rash on him though. Thought it may be prickly heat, but mom doesn't think so. It's on the top half of his face, like where he rubs his face into me, or his sheet, or the floor. Also on his back and shoulders and under his neck...which is why I thought prickly heat. Mom thought maybe Roseola (sp?) She has not seen it, just going by my description. I don't know, maybe a reaction to something? Strange that it's just in those areas though, not all over.

Last edited by LBH; 08-17-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:43 PM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--It sounds like Fifth Disease which I have seen in kids after fever and viral illness. http://www.drreddy.com/shots/fifth.html

Dont panic--it is pretty common..See if that describes his rash..The rash on the face does appear as if someone slapped the face which sounds like your description of "rubbing his face on the sheet"
V

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-17-2003 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:00 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

hi guys,

nothing much here. we went shopping for the baby today at carter's. they had a $3 sale and i got him three outfits for next summer along with an outfit for this winter ( not $3) and i only spent $30.

lauren: hope petey is better.

ok, gotta go. hope you've had a great day.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:25 PM   #4  
LBH

V, thanks, I did a search for pics of it, and it looks similar, like a mild version of it. I'm planning to call the Dr. tomorrow AM anyway, because his cough is getting worse too. He does not have the "slapped face" look, it's really just on his forehead and around his eyes. I noticed it on his forearms as well today.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:32 AM   #5  

Lauren--Hope Petey is better..Kaylee slept the entire night last night...Of course, mom had so much on her mind she was awake. We accomplished complete sitting up on her own She can totally do it for a long time even for pics..Yesterday, she stood up unassisted in the middle of the floor after I stood her there and let her go..She laughs and falls!! I cant believe she is 8 months old!!!!
GOtta run!!
Karen--Hope Alex is still AOK!!!!!
V
Old 08-18-2003, 11:00 AM   #6  
LBH

Yay Kaylee!!!

Peter's rash is looking better today, I don't really see it on his face, and only a bit on his fore arms. I'm gonna hold off calling the Dr.

Karen, Cool on the sale! I've been meaning to check out the Carter's outlet in Ledgewood, near where I used to live.

Here's some pics of Peter's first visit to the zoo. He was zoning through most of it, because he was soo tired.

Mama & Peter:

Daddy & Peter:

Peter & the Emu:
Old 08-18-2003, 11:02 AM   #7  
LBH

Here's a couple more:

Peter and his breakfast this AM...silly Mama letting him play with his not empty bowl!!

Peter's Baby Butt!! (I know, he's gonna kill me someday for posting these!!)
Old 08-19-2003, 10:09 AM   #8  

hi guys,

Lauren: those are such cute pictures!! i'm so ready for little guy to sit up on his own. he has found his feet and it's so funny watching him play with them.

vicky: i hope kaylee is well. cool on sleeping through the night. i'm a whole different mom since alex started sleeping through!!

have a great day!!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:20 AM   #9  

Hi guys,

We are headed down the shore today. It will be Alex's first time at the ocean. I will have to take lots of pictures.

My grandmother is still here. She is leaving on Saturday. I love her and I am enjoying the help but I am so ready for her to go. She has stopped trying to tell me to put him down all the time. She's seen that it only works for a short period. I just get so tired of hearing negative comments all the time. I have a bad habit of being negative and I've been trying to work on it. It's hard when that's all you hear. Oh well, only four more days. DH will be home in three days. Yeah!!

Alex is watching The Wiggles right now in his bouncy seat. Actually he sounds like he's talking to them too. Maybe he's learning the words to the songs.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:27 AM   #10  
LBH

Hey,

Karen, Have fun down the shore, we're going Saturday. BTW, I'm very proud of you talking like a real New Jerseyian!!! I have to take my grandparents down to TR Sat. for an anniversary party, so Peter and I may try to hit a beach. Peter loves the Wiggles too, but he's too busy pulling himself all over the room to sit still and watch for more than 2 minutes! I'm gonna have my hands full (or fuller!) when he figure out how to crawl the right way!!

Petey figured out how to pull himself to a kneeling position from his tummy by hanging on to the Leap Start table. I'm sure he'll be pulling to standing by the weekend.
Old 08-20-2003, 08:54 PM   #11  

hi guys,

well, we didn't make it to the shore. GM decided that she didn't want to go. we did check out a local consignment store and it was yucky. it smelled and the clothes looked about 20 years old (ok, that was a little exaggerated).

hope everyone has had a great day!!
Old 08-22-2003, 06:43 AM   #12  

Good Morning!!!
Ms Priss was up chatting this morning at 455am and since the alarm was going off at 5, I am up..Of course, she fell back asleep!!!!
She is doing soo good!!! Her appetite is soo big it is hard to keep her fed!! The daycare is pushing for table foods, but I am dead set against that this soon..It is more nutritous for her to eat the jars and the cereal than me trying to give her a variety in my busy world..We dont even do fresh fruit yet except for occasional bites of watermelon and such...THe BF is going good just at night. She doesnt even question the bottle during the days on the weekend..
Have a great day all!
V
Old 08-22-2003, 08:00 AM   #13  
LBH

Don't you hate that, it's like, hello, she's MY child, you just watch her!! Will she eat the jars and cereal separate? Peter will not eat anything I give him unless it's mixed with cereal!! I mean, he'll eat any fruit Igive him in his safe feeder, or if I hold it up to his mouth, but if it's pureed, it has to be mixed.

How are Kaylee's ears doing? Are they all cleared up?

Peter's almost back to his "normal" schedule again. He did not have his PM nap yesterday, just some time in the car in the AM and about a 1/2 hr. when we got home in his crib. So he went down at 8:00 and was up at 1 (for an hour!! ) Then he slept the rest of the night. Yay!! I sure hope he keeps sleeping like that.

Today I'm getting 4 new tires installed on my car. I have to bring the car down the road to the gas station at 10, when the mechanic gets in...must be nice to start that late...no wonder he said Sat. would be better, he doesn't get in early enough to get it all done during the week!! Hopefully he'll do it while I'm waiting, because Peter & I will have to hang out in the park down the road while it's getting done. I could walk home, but it's about a mile, and my foot's been bothering me lately.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:20 AM   #14  
LBH

Well, I walked home from the gas station. It's weird, whatever's wrong with my foot, it hurts like h*ll if I've been sitting and then get up, can barely put pressure on it...it's my heel. But walking home from the gas station it was fine, once I've been up and walking around. Mom said it might be tendonitis.

Argh...Peter again...
Old 08-22-2003, 04:17 PM   #15  
LBH

ACK!!!! A reason for the fussiness...Peter decided he had some spare time to cut TOOTH #7 today!! I'm sure #8 is coming soon...
Closed Thread