Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default Anybody catch flack yesterday for trying to stay OP?

I took my 2 little ones to 2 seperate Mother's day celebrations yesterday; my parents' house and my DH's parents' house (DH works weekend so he wasn't there for either). Of course there was food galore. I ate a large healthy breakfast (calories counted) so I wouldn't be ravenous. I didn't eat anything at my parents' house because it was still fairly early in the day (around 11am). They are supportive, don't get me wrong, but everyone questioned why I didn't eat chips and dip and sub sandwiches. "Are you not allowed those foods?" I just answered "Sure I'm allowed, I can eat anything I want". Then at my in laws' house I just had 1 peice of pizza and 1 tiny peice of cake (all accounted for calorie wise) and was questioned again "are you not allowed more than one peice" I answered "Sure I am, but if I want to continue losing weight I can't over indulge all the time". Last weekend we celebrated my daughter's birthday and I did over consume, I didn't want a repeat.

My mom, sister, and mother in law eat like birds and no one ever questions their eating (all thin), but a fat girl trying to lose weight gets questioned. Just funny I thought!!!

I had a little bit of what REALLY looked good to me. And I was down .6 from yesterday! So It payed of immediately (which of course it doesn't always).

Anyone else able to stay on plan yesterday but catch a little flack for it!? Or did you try to stay on plan but were swayed into temptation?
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #2  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

We went for breakfast yesterday for Mother's day and I didn't feel like going overboard on calories (my standard breakfast is around 800 calories, so that's a waste) therefore I only got a yogurt with fruits mixed in and I got "questioned" too. "Are you really going to gain weight with ONE breakfast??" I said "Of course not, but I chose to be able to eat more than one meal a day!" & kept eating my yogurt. LOL
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I purposely ordered the least unhealthy thing I could find on a totally unhealthy menu yesterday (seafood on pasta with red sauce instead of cream sauce, none of it was deep fried and the sauce was more tomato-y than processed salty). No one said anything.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #4  
JessBHFHTH

S/C/G: 240/178.5/150

Height: 5"6"

Yes! We went and ate chinese...first my grandmother's all knowing look when surveying my plate of chicken and broccoli, fried sushi (on piece), snap green beans and one piece of teriaky (horrible at sp that word) chicken...then when I go back to get a few pieces of banana and strawberry and push it away. *gasp* IS THAT ALL YOU'RE GOING TO EAT? lol I simply said, "I'm full, that means I'm finished =)" lol...it was expected. But good job! you're doing awesome! Pizza is a MAJOR weakness for me! I LOVE PIZZA!!!
jsunshine4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

It's weird, but the more people give me flack about how I eat if it's "too little", the more determined I become to stick with it. I can remember that sort of attitude back when I was 12 too. It was a family trip and I lost tons. It was either "Oh, don't eat too much! You'll get fat!" or "Eat more! Oh my gosh you eat like a bird! You'll get too thin!" I preferred being compared to the thin bird, so I stopped eating.

Now I'm much older and it's the same thing. If someone complains I'm not eating enough, or I should have more, "Don't diet, just eat healthy and you'll be fine", "Is that all you're going to have?" "What, no dessert?" the more driven I become. Yup. That's all I'm having. Nope, not having dessert.

I wonder why that is?

I got no flack. However, I stayed home with my dh and kids and I didn't spend it with anyone who would give me a hard time. Maybe I would have fared better if I did, because I ate!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

We went out for brunch. I had 1.5 bloody marys (they infuse the vodka with peppers and onions in house!) and polenta with poached eggs and wild mushrooms. It came with a few potatoes and fruit. My daughter ate my fruit and I had one potato "square."

Around 9pm I made myself a 300 calorie buffalo chicken wrap.

My family all eats similarly, so it wasn't out of the ordinary.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsunshine4christ View Post
Yes! We went and ate chinese...first my grandmother's all knowing look when surveying my plate of chicken and broccoli, fried sushi (on piece), snap green beans and one piece of teriaky (horrible at sp that word) chicken...then when I go back to get a few pieces of banana and strawberry and push it away. *gasp* IS THAT ALL YOU'RE GOING TO EAT? lol I simply said, "I'm full, that means I'm finished =)" lol...it was expected. But good job! you're doing awesome! Pizza is a MAJOR weakness for me! I LOVE PIZZA!!!
Were you at a buffet? I could never control myself this well in an all you can eat, serve yourself situation...way to go!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #8  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

I think my kids were bummin' that we didn't go out.
I had a very small breakfast and then we made dinner at home and had it at 3:00, so it was lunch/dinner combo.
They kept saying, we really should be taking you out, are you sure you don't wanna go out?
They get to pick the dinner out of their choice on their birthdays so they associated a holiday with going out. But I just kept telling them I didn't, and was very happy just hanging out with them. We did end up shopping for plants instead of celebrating with food, thank goodness. LOL

Now, one of my kids has their birthday next week and I know she wants to go to a buffet! AH!! First time I'll have been at a buffet since I started losing, so I am already talking to myself about it, and what I will eat and how much. LOL My regular high-calorie day will be moved that week for that meal.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

I was doing great on Sunday until the deserts came. Mother's day was a bit overwhelming for me as it was my "coming out" you can say to my family about my weightloss. They all new I was dieting from facebook but nobody had seen me in person since Christmas. And they were all watching what I ate, asked the same questions you were asked, "can you not eat any of that." Then came dinner, I had a large salad as my main meal with a little bit of chicken and rice. They said "wow! that's sure a healthy meal" Then all the questions came again about "tell me your secret, what do you do", all day long. I was doing good and eating what I was supposed to even though being overwhelmed with all the bombarding questions. And mind you, my family is all beautiful, tall and skinny, and I'm I guess you can say the black sheep of the family. I"m short, bigger boned, not so pretty, and fairly quiet, I always dread family parties since I'm completely opposite from everyone else.

Anyways, then came desert time, they were just oh so tempting, I couldn't control myself any longer and I broke down and had some. I ended up having a small slice of bluebarry cobbler, 2 small brownies, and a couple of strawberries. And what do you know, no one said anything when I ate the junk. I just don't get it sometimes, I'm dreading the next family function, though hopefully there won't be so many questions this time.
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote