Old 05-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Arrow Need Ideas

Has anyone had problems getting IP packets through security at an airline? Also need suggestions since l will only have access to hot and cold water for 7 days. On the cruise, it will be possible to get veggies at lunch and dinner and meat, poultry, fish at dinner. I can take my shaker and use 3 drink packets each day. My goal is to stay IP as much as possible and avoid all non-diet foods. Do you think I would be okay at breakfast just to have an Eggbeaters veggie omelet (they use some oil to cook it) instead of a drink? Any other ideas?

Last edited by qsuzi1; 05-12-2012 at 08:30 PM.
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

You won't have any trouble with the powder packets getting through airport security.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

can you put your IP food in your checked luggage. I would use the drink mixes and maybe take South Western curls or something to nibble on, bars would also work. Just avoid the sugar, carbs and alchol (as much as you can). Have a great trip, I have done cruises and they are great - enjoy yourself.
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #4  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
can you put your IP food in your checked luggage. I would use the drink mixes and maybe take South Western curls or something to nibble on, bars would also work. Just avoid the sugar, carbs and alchol (as much as you can). Have a great trip, I have done cruises and they are great - enjoy yourself.
I forgot to say that I am limited to 2 restricted items a week (coach advice because of my slow weight loss and analysis of period I ate 5 restricted per week. I will be able to avoid alcohol, no problem. Last cruise pre-IP I lost 1 pound so I avoided almost everything bad. Thanks for your comments.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #5  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
You won't have any trouble with the powder packets getting through airport security.
Good to hear, I didn't know if the scanner would pick up the foil as a possible problem.

Last edited by qsuzi1; 05-12-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/187/140

Height: 5'4"

What about the crispy cereal for breakfast or even a snack? Have a wonderful vacation!
cmk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #7  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Your packets make it fine on the plane. I had crispy cereal every morning. Just put some ice cubes in to make it colder. Do you have a frig? Can you make the puddings?

You could also have 2 poached eggs..or egg white omelette.

Have a wonderful trip.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #8  

Thanks for the ideas ladies on crispy cereal and pudding if I had a fridge. The cabin does have a mini fridge and I could take their drinks out, get a bowl from dining, and make pudding
Old 05-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Height: 5'8"

Hi qsuzi1,

Where are you cruising to?
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #10  

Thanks for reminding me it's egg WHITES only. Cruising to the Mexican Riviera for a get away. Been to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta before and it's relaxing.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
Thanks for reminding me it's egg WHITES only. Cruising to the Mexican Riviera for a get away. Been to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta before and it's relaxing.
I've been on cruise since starting IP. I had my bars every morning for breakfast and did a phase 2 for the rest of the day. I did pack my drinks for my snack. The cruise line did question me on the drinks, but no problem. I ended up loosing 6 pounds!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 277/172/177

Great Questions! I'm going to visit my sister in June (I don't want to have to check any luggage) and didn't even THINK about if the packets would be a problem...yikes! Glad to see they are okay through airport security! Have a great cruise qsuzi1,,,sounds like you are prepared and will have a great time!
Beachbum6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
Sounds nice, I started cruising last year... did Alaska and this year did New Zealand. Next year doing 2 cruises in the US, a California Coastal and Canada/New England.

I know from my experience cruising it's easy to enjoy all the fantastic food available, but if you want specific types of food, they are very accommodating I've found. If you can't get what you want from room service, try and get it at one of the sittings in the dinning rooms. Just because it's not on the menu doesn't mean they can't make something up for you. I don't really bother with the buffets either.
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #14  

Thanks Collingwood, Dana, and Beachbum.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #15  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by collingwood View Post
Sounds nice, I started cruising last year... did Alaska and this year did New Zealand. Next year doing 2 cruises in the US, a California Coastal and Canada/New England.

I know from my experience cruising it's easy to enjoy all the fantastic food available, but if you want specific types of food, they are very accommodating I've found. If you can't get what you want from room service, try and get it at one of the sittings in the dinning rooms. Just because it's not on the menu doesn't mean they can't make something up for you. I don't really bother with the buffets either.
New Zealand seems like one of the most beautiful places but it would be the very long flight times that would be difficult for my disabled hubby. It's one of the places I would love to go plus a Central Coastal. Have done many cruises to many other places, including 4 to Europe areas before he had his surgeries. Among our favorite places were Paris, Scotland, Rome, Venice, Greek Islands, Nice, Turkey, etc. Once on board, it works well for both of us since he can determine how much rest vs activity works for him.

Last edited by qsuzi1; 05-13-2012 at 06:05 PM.