Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #1  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Default Mothers day breakfast and on...

woke up this morning and my mother in law (bless her heart) had made everyone biscuits and gravy. the first thing that came to mind was the calories, and i was tempted not to eat, maybe make a smoothie or something.

she knows about my diet, and has been one of my biggest supporters, and i know she meant well (she even made it with chicken sausage!) so i ate some.

then i find out they are planning brats and potato salad for dinner, and god knows what for lunch.

i think i may just neglect to count calories today. its a holiday, and they have gone through a lot of trouble to make sure we can all eat together and spend the day together.

i dont think it will be a bad thing as long as i watch my portions, and dont eat between meals. it could be worse, on valentines day my hubby came home with about a hundred dollars worth of chocolate.

anyone else having trouble during mothers day?
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #2  

I think family all mean well and it's difficult to get away from the traditional family treats on special days. For us, we always have eggs benedict, and I just had to go with it today. But, that's it....I had a small breakfast with Greek yogurt and a banana, then the eggs benedict, and a snack. Supper is already planned with my menu in mind, so it's good.

I think that it's ok to indulge a little, especially if you watch your portions, add lots of veggies to your meal, drink lots of water and try to get out for a walk or something fun with the kids & family.

PS> I think it's wonderful that your mother-in-law was so thoughtful - she did try to lean out the fat a little with chicken sausage
lostris326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #3  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

she is the best, but im not sure she understands how im trying to eat, so most of the time i just cook myself a separate meal and let them eat what they want. lol.

i am just going to have a light salad with some tuna for lunch, and have the brats for dinner with no potato salad. i cant bring myself to cheat
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

It's sounds like you figured out a good plan for your day. It's difficult when people mean well but don't quite get "it". You MIL sounds very nice for at least trying to be mindful of your diet for breakfasts. Maybe for the next holiday, especially knowing you have a lot of people who like you buy you stuff or make stuff for you, maybe discuss a game plan before the actual day or give some alternatives ahead of time. Stuff like instead of chocolate presents, flowers or jewelry. Stuff you'd still love, just a lot less guilt inducing. Or find a few "on-plan" recipes and make known you'd like to try them on the up coming holiday.

Since today is already here (and breakfast already past) for today, enjoy your mother's day and spending time with what seems like a wonderful family.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote