Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

Default Lost 5lbs overnight??

So I don't know if this is possible, For two days I read 127.4 after going off my diet and eating really bad on Thursday, I had been having this heavy/bloated feeling since then, and was really down with not loosing any weight. So the past two days I was strict about my diet again and I hop of the scale this morning and it read 123.2! I weighed myself twice and still the same thing! And this is with no exercise as Ii've been studying like crazy for finals the past week, this is the biggest drop that' i've had In a LONG time. I weigh myself everyday with Sunday's being offical weigh in, and last Sunday I was 125.4, during the week I stayed right about the same until Thursday when it shot up to 127, and stayed the same for two days, and now I loose 5lbs overnight???? Is this even for real with no exercise, especially since I'm on my last 10lbs and normally only loose only 1 pound a week?

I'm really excited and a bit shocked. I've never lost this much over night, how is this even possible?
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5' 6"

It could be a couple of things. Weight never comes off at a steady rate. I have seen this too. Most likely it is a bit of water weight from where you were bloated. Either way, be happy you weight loss is on the move again! Keep going!
MissD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissD View Post
It could be a couple of things. Weight never comes off at a steady rate. I have seen this too. Most likely it is a bit of water weight from where you were bloated. Either way, be happy you weight loss is on the move again! Keep going!
I'm thinking your right about water weight, I had also been having the worst gas issues since Thursday. So I'd been stuffing myself with water yesterday, probably had 6 16oz water bottles to try and get everything out of my system, which I guess must have worked. And thank's this was deffiently a pick me up
Old 05-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

I'm not sure... But there is a theory out there that if you've been a calorie counter for a long time, that taking a 'refeed' for a day or two will boost your metabolism. So, it could be that on top of water weight since you were 125 before that. I just read it on the boards the other day, so you might be able to research it a bit on here and find the thread since I don't know a lot about it. But congrats either way and hopefully you can keep going from here!
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ280 View Post
I'm not sure... But there is a theory out there that if you've been a calorie counter for a long time, that taking a 'refeed' for a day or two will boost your metabolism. So, it could be that on top of water weight since you were 125 before that. I just read it on the boards the other day, so you might be able to research it a bit on here and find the thread since I don't know a lot about it. But congrats either way and hopefully you can keep going from here!
I'll have to find the thread, sounds interesting. I've been calorie counting for almost a year now and rarely going above 1200 calories a day. So on Thursday I probably came close to doubling that when eating the really unhealthy high carb and sodium foods. I'm going to be interested in seeing how much I loose next Sunday after such a big drop this week. Hopefully with a faster metabolism now I will still be able to loose at least my normal 1lb a week loss, if not more.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #6  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

If you google 'cheat days leptin', you'll find some popular articles on the subject.

Check this one out for starters:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark60.htm
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietVet View Post
If you google 'cheat days leptin', you'll find some popular articles on the subject.

Check this one out for starters:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark60.htm
thanks for the link! That's exactly what I did on Thursday without even knowing it lol. And I had felt extremely guilty the past two days for doing what I did. I guess these "refeeds" really do work and now I'm not feeling so guilty for going off diet on Thursday
Old 05-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #8  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

While refeeds affect leptin levels they also affect cortisol levels and that is the most likley reason why you experienced a large "whoosh".
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote