Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #1  

Default Really want Dominos Cookies

So my plan is to stay between 1200-1500 calories. Right now i really want Dominos cookies. I have wanted them for ages. I haven't tried the latest flavor. I might be getting a bit obsessed with them if i am honest. I even dreamt about them!!

For 1 cookie it is only 75 calories (well 150 calories per half portion, there are 4 in a box, so figured 300 for the lot, 75 per cookie). Yet i really don't believe that, how could something that tasty be that low in calories?

Anyway its like 7 pounds for two boxes. I am spending the day sitting around studying for my last final.

I would get them on Friday as my 300 calorie treat, yet that goes to my ice cream and hot chocolate fix.

If i am honest i would much rather not eat them and be one step closer to a size 6 than have them.

Sigh,
Anyone else ever get similar food cravings?
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

That's an awful lot of energy put towards cookies!

Maybe just sit with the experience of wanting them and not acting on it.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #3  

Yeah, this is a personal battle. I know in order to get serious about weight loss, i have to take it seriously.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #4  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

If you think you can stop at "just one" cookie, have the cookie and then just go for a walk to burn it off. On the otherhand, if you know that "one" will turn into you eating the entire box, you have to be strong.

For me, I know I can't eat just one, that is why I find cutting out sugar is so helpful. After the initial week or two of induction ****, you really don't crave sweets any longer.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I was thinking the same thing as Serenity. If you can stop with one, or even two, then why not give yourself the cookie and account for that in your daily calories?

Yes, I have had these kinds of cravings. Sometimes I cave, sometimes I get past it with sheer determination. Yesterday I caved and had a pastry of some kind. One bite and you know what? It wasn't that good. I tossed it. Good for me!

I know what you mean about being serious. I was having troubles staying on track, and finally I had to tell myself, no more treats. No more sweets. Even if I could account for them in my calories, I was over doing it, too often.

Certainly allow yourself one or two if you just can't get it off your mind, but honestly, all the cookies will still be there when you're done.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Oh ya, I get like this sometimes too. I get it in my head I want something and it's all I think about. If you count it towards your daily calories and you stop at that amount and not binge on more, then do it if that's what you feel comfortable doing. It's a slippery slope for me sometimes. For me, it can bring on cravings for more junk type foods, but not always. Sometimes it's just the thing to stop the obsession over the food. Just buy one box if that's all you're going to eat at once!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #7  

See, i want them in the same way i want a new top. Ha its weird, i dont want to eat them. I am just bored i suppose and want something to do.

I know if i wanted them, i would have at some point in the past week gotten them. It would cost me like 7 pounds for 2 boxes which is the equivalent of a really cute top, a magazine and a large starbucks and my favorite gum. These are much longer lasting, waistline friendly pleasures.

I think next time i am home (there is a dominos an hour walk away) i think i might walk to the Dominos, get the cookies and since the walk is around 2hrs or so, i will just negate them then.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #8  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcanary View Post
I think next time i am home (there is a dominos an hour walk away) i think i might walk to the Dominos, get the cookies and since the walk is around 2hrs or so, i will just negate them then.
That had better be a ****** good cookie!!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I know how you feel! But if you don't give into your cravings it might get worse and then you might really over do it when you do give in. I'm like that. So every now and then I'll give into a craving so I don't make it any worse! Good luck!
KatieAlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #10  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

If you can stop yourself at one, why not have it? I do this all the time: If I want something, I have it...I just watch how much of it I have
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I get fixated sometimes too.

Could you guy them and immediately give 3 of them to friends? Or even to the employees?

I could go either way on the advice. Part of me wants to say just get them so you can stop being consumed with thoughts of them. Part of me wants to say fight it and win the battle over the cookies.

Sometimes I know there are certain foods when I am in certain moods I will not be able to control myself with. You just have to know in your head exactly where you are at and if the cookies will do more harm than good.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote