Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #1  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Post IP Daily Chat Weekend 5/12/12-5/13/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #2  
04/23/12~Kara

Default Avoid the scale...avoid the scale...avoid the...

Morning everyone! I cannot believe I got to put up the daily thread...although I don't know, maybe I am hallucinating, in which case this will get ALL screwed up. I did realize early on this morning (6:15AM) that even though I was exhausted my very first instinct was to go weigh myself. I am still fighting that urge, so I figured I'd come on here to get rid of the urge.

I downloaded roughly 300 pics last night to put up on my blog, which I suppose I can work on this morning (need to resize and modify so they don't end up HUGE etc.) I don't think I'm ready to walk past the guest bathroom yet though, where the scale is lurking, waiting to to snatch me up into a downward spiral of disappointment, hope, and ultimately acceptance since my weigh in isn't until Monday.

So here is my picture this morning, to remind me that the scale is not the be all, end all, and that life DOES go on.

~Kara
SW: 194.8
W1: 189.8
W2: 185.0
Old 05-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Default It's the weekend.....and it's so sunny....Luv it!!!

Good morning all..
Thank you for all yor suggestions yesterday. One suggestion for milk replacement was EAS Carb Control Vanilla shake. Where do you all buy this product from. I live in Canada but do travel to Buffalo NY for shopping occaisionally. So if we don't have this product available here i can cross the border....such a good excuse to go shopping! Hehehe. DH is doing IP with me so he's super supportive and is eager to save $$$ where we can. Our coach is pretty strict but i saw on here someone mention Molly Mcbutter...is this allowed on IP phase 1? It sure would help in the veggie flavor area.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning IP family!
DH and I are off for a motorcycle ride to raise funds for ACS, then attending a Blue's Fest. I should have no problem staying OP as the meal after the ride is a chicken BBQ and I'm sure there will be salad. I'll put a WF dressing packet in the saddle bag, along with my celery and green pepper before we head out.
Maybe I'll even get a little exercise in boogie-groovin' to some Blues!
Sneak peek at my home scale has me smiling today.... looks like I may have broken through that horrid plateau!
Wishing everyone a GREAT DAY!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #5  
Tripmama

S/C/G: 315/171/170

Height: 5'10"

GM iPeeps

Hope everyone has a great IP weekend. First home game for baseball today, so pretty excited for that but I need to pack food to stay OP. No plans for Mother's Day that I know of. Plan on continuing to be a loser all weekend long!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, all.

Back home and back to work. Boo. I did have my WI and for two weeks lost 4.8 lbs. That has raised my spirits. Did not weigh last week being in Michigan at the cottage.

It's raining here and rain is forecast for the next few days. Glad most of my things to do today are inside, except for the weekly grocery shopping. Having been gone for 10 days, the frig is pretty empty.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend.
Molly
Old 05-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

Molly ~ Congrats on the loss! Especially since you were a bit out of your "comfort zone" I hope you stay warm and dry today. It's supposed to get like, 80 degrees here today and sunny, so I think that "might" mean I need to walk the dogs...thank goodness they can't read!

Dakin ~ Stay tough today and don't forget your sunscreen

As for me, ugh, I should really stop lurking on the boards today and get some stuff done, but it's one of the few days I have that DH is gone and it's just sooo nice to not pamper someone other than myself for a day lol! I'll have to clean before dinner since my folks are coming over (DH tends to get hostile when people show up at our house so we rarely get visitors)...Maybe I'll paint my nails today... be girlie...
Old 05-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #8  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have an awesome day and weekend. Yard work and a trip to the pool with the kids is what is on the schedule for today.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #9  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

Where is the best place to get Walden Farms, Da Vinci, and Torani items? The supermarkets here in Buffalo have limited selections, but they seem fairly expensive and rarely go on sale.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

I just cheated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even believe I was not thinking!!!! I am making a pasta salad for my daughters track potluck and I tested a dang noodle to see if it was done!!! I know it is just 1 noodle, so I am sure I will be OK. I am not craving or wanting any of the salad, I just simply tested ONE noodle to make sure it was not to hard/mushy for the salad. In 17 days that is the ONLY bite of anything not OP that I have had. I am making a batch for my kids at home as well, this time I will have my daughter test the pasta
Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/198/140

Height: 5'2"

I should be fine since all I do is the choc/vanilla drinks and hardly ever any restricteds. The only one I like is the SW cheese curls, and I can't manage more than half a bag at a time.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #12  
04/23/12~Kara

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
Where is the best place to get Walden Farms, Da Vinci, and Torani items? The supermarkets here in Buffalo have limited selections, but they seem fairly expensive and rarely go on sale.
There is a company called Wegmans in the Buffalo NY area I guess they sell it for about $3.49/bottle? for the Walden Farms at least. And here is the "store locator" from Walden Farms: http://www.waldenfarms.com/store_locator.html

Sorry I don't know anything about DaVinci or Torani, not familiar with the names.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!
It is dance recital day for my dd. 2 shows. The girls all look so cute! But we will miss my ds football game. Sigh. Good thing we only have 2 kids! One per parent!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #14  
04/23/12~Kara

Watching Sex in the City this morning. I'd like to point out, I've NEVER been the size of any of my friends that we could swap clothes and all still look fabulous...just saying...good soundtrack though.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #15  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmama View Post
GM iPeeps

Hope everyone has a great IP weekend. First home game for baseball today, so pretty excited for that but I need to pack food to stay OP. No plans for Mother's Day that I know of. Plan on continuing to be a loser all weekend long!
I hope we are all losers all weekend long I have a new appreciation for the word loser. I am proud to be a loser
Closed Thread