Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 141/141/125

Height: 5 foot 8.5 inches

Default EXTREME hunger

For the past few days I've been having a terrible time with extreme hunger..... I thought maybe I'd knocked myself out of ketosis and was getting back into it but according to my ketostix that's not the case. I'm not working out/walking more than normal and I'm eating the same amount but STILL starving!! Anyone have any advice or possible explanation?

PS I'm finishing up week 5 if that means anything...
sneuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #2  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I've noticed when extreme stress falls into my lap I get randomly hungry, sometimes even starving. I try to get my mind off it but it doesn't' always work. Sometimes just have to soldier through it.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Eat some pickles...egg whites...tea
Some weeks are harder, but you are probably losing!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #4  

Thanks for the support guys. And that's what I'm hoping Momto2cs! I wasn't even this hungry the first week of the program!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

I had a week like that too ... I was going crazy figuring I must have eaten something that knocked me out of ketosis but I am pretty sure I didn't. It passed ( I think it was around week 4).
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

My coach told me if I am really hungry and not just bored my body is trying to tell me something! She said that means I need more protien so I don't lose more muscle. I was just talking to her about this today at my WI
Hope this helps!
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Are you eating more restricteds? If I eat the bars - FORGET IT! I am starving all day. ALL DAY! You can have another pack if you're hungry - you will not gain or stop losing. Are you having your salad with lunch and dinner? Filling up on a huge salad will keep hunger at bay. You can even have it in the middle of the afternoon as a snack. Make sure you are getting 2 cups of veggies, too. Is it TOM? That always does it for me.
Lakewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #8  

Cole3 - That makes me feel better seeing as how the timing is so close!

Stefany1769 - Thanks! That's what my mom (who is also on the program) said and I think she's right. Even though I know I ate 8oz of chicken for dinner last night it didn't fill me up like normal... must've just worked myself harder than I'd thought! I meet with my coach Monday so I'll probably talk to her more about it then.

Lakewood - I haven't started the restricted foods yet. I'm trying to hold off as long as possible! The problem is that I can't really eat lettuce... I gag when trying to eat any leafy greens and it can make me so sick to my stomach that I throw up. SO I just have to try and hold out between meals and fill up on the protein and veggies. It hadn't been a problem up until a few days ago! Having said that, you made an excellent point - my TOM is coming up and I'm sure that's it!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post

Stefany1769 - Thanks! That's what my mom (who is also on the program) said and I think she's right. Even though I know I ate 8oz of chicken for dinner last night it didn't fill me up like normal... must've just worked myself harder than I'd thought! I meet with my coach Monday so I'll probably talk to her more about it then.

Lakewood - I haven't started the restricted foods yet. I'm trying to hold off as long as possible! The problem is that I can't really eat lettuce... I gag when trying to eat any leafy greens and it can make me so sick to my stomach that I throw up. SO I just have to try and hold out between meals and fill up on the protein and veggies. It hadn't been a problem up until a few days ago! Having said that, you made an excellent point - my TOM is coming up and I'm sure that's it!
You might also ask your coach if she considers celery and cucumbers as unlimited a well. A lot of people on here have been mentioning that they are lately. Don't be hungry, call your coach and ask, or email. No sense in being miserable! Also, I have found that if I drink tea my stomach doesn't growl for a good 45 minutes.
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

By looking at your stats it could be that your body is telling you it needs food... I don't know what your bone structure is (Small, Med, or Large), but you may be pretty close to a realistic weight for your height...

Just a thought.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuse View Post

I think you need to add the restricted. They are on the plan for a reason. You are likely hungry because you are not getting enough food which is counterproductive. This is easpecially true if you are not having greens either.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote