South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Friday, May 11

Good morning! Looks like a lovely May day is unfolding. Jazz started the day off by wakening the Village, barking to protect me from a cat that had the nerve to be on our deck. It was Morgan, my neighbour's cat, who thinks she belongs to me.

Did work in a trip to Fabricland yesterday and it was a zoo. The poor cashiers were almost all new and had lots of trouble figuring things out. I was in line a good 20 minutes for my small purchase. I did not buy ANY fabric but am seriously thinking of going back early tomorrow morning with samples in hand. Somebody hold me back! I'm a fabric addict.

Gym this morning and then the day is mine. It'll probably fill up with some Mill bill paying followed by gardening. My garden helper, Robyn. comes after school so I will make a list for her and try to save some energy until late in the day for supervising.

Sunshine ahead for several days. I hope it's the same where you live.

Come and chat when you get a minute.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday Beach Chat for 5/11

This is your morning WAKE-UP CALL!

The weather looks perfect for my day off, and I'm planning to go to my favorite plant nursery waaaaay out deep in the Amish country to pick up some veggie seedlings, several flats of flowers, and some hanging baskets. It looks like the rest of the afternoon will be spent in the garden.

ETA-

Looks like you beat me to it, Ruth. I think poor Morgan is looking for Carley. Sorry.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-11-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Ruth - I've heard it is easy to become a fabric addict! I would sneak back tomorrow morning!

Cottage - what a lovely day for your day off! We have an amish nursery over the mountain that is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, but I can't justify the 10 bucks in gas for my small garden.

I am hoping to work on mine tomorrow though! When did it become the middle of May?!?

But for today - today is the kids' race for education. I was supposed to work 9-2, but switched to 2-7 to be with my young'uns . The kids are split this year, so I'll probably get a bunch of running/walking in! I may 'accidently' stop at the neighborhood garage sale on the way there, I have an hour to spare after the bus stops by .

Mmmmm, coffee....
Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, I have been up since 3:45, cannot write and drive. Beautiful commute this morning the NYC skyline was so crisp. Unlike recent mornings when it was nowhere to be found due to cloud coverage.

Looking forward to working in the yard on Mother's Day. The teenage son is going to be hauling rocks for me. LOL I am sure he is thrilled!

Plan on cleaning the house Saturday after work. I remember when I used to look forward to going out on Saturday nights, oh how times have changed. For the better

Happy Friday!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - I have totally empathy for new cashiers! Enjoy the sunshine.

Linda - Thanks for starting my day with a smile on my face Happy gardening.

Twynn - Time is flying by! It will be June before we know it.

jekel - Isn't it great that one day a year those teen boys actually do what we want them to do!

I am short on sleep. Worked unusually late last night and when I finally got to bed I couldn't fall asleep. Then we got a wrong number in the middle of the night that woke me. Gave up trying to sleep since I knew DH's alarm would be going off soon for his run.

Gym with my mom and our trainer today. Then maybe a nap! I need to get some more groceries before Mother's Day so might get that done too. Unfortunately we did buy some of the stuff already (salmon and spinach from Costco, bread for the non beachers) and then my brother backed out last night. I'm not surprised; it is his wife's birthday so he never should have said they'd join us. The good news is that now we don't have to serve dessert!

The teen flies home from school late tonight. I'm going to let DH make the airport run alone so I can get to sleep since I work tomorrow morning.

Happy Friday!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Ruth, Cottage, Twynn, Karen, and jekel! and all others who post after me. Being a slighty early poster, I do miss out on saying Hi to alot of you. But I always go back and read what the GM SB'ers say. I did literally laugh out loud about the saran wrap in the fridge, and Ruth forgetting who she was eating with

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-11-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #7  

yeah i am excited I get to make a ticker!!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, enjoy your day today. I'll have a split year starting next year, with Audrey in middle school and Maggie still at the elementary. We're still working on how to handle that.

Jekel, I always enjoy seeing the sunrise over NYC, at least coming from the NJ side. What do plan on doing with those rocks?

Karen, how did last night go, working with your boss?

Holly, good morning to you! We've kept the coffee hot for you.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 05-11-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #9  

just filling in where the ground is showing. I have a very shady spot with took many tree roots to plant anything descent. Unfortunately a lot of the rocks have rolled away over the years
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Karen, how did last night go, working with your boss?
It was crazy and unexpected! She had some stressful work stuff going on and I listened and advised for almost 2 hours (while we were, sadly, customer-free). Then we had a handful of ladies try on a truckload of clothes and we got so far behind that we left an hour late! And I actually admitted to her that she makes me nervous It was a very interesting experience and I feel pretty good about the whole night. Maybe I can stop doubting myself so much now. Sweet of you to ask.

Holly - I come back and read the late postings too, if not that day, then the next morning before the new thread.

jekel - And what a great looking ticker it is!

Last edited by WaistingTime; 05-11-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me this morning, I started to write at 8 a.m. and an hour and half has already passed.

Have a good day everyone
Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! I don't wanna work today ! I want to clean my house, go for a walk, play in my yard, etc. I've been taking vacation days to take care of everyone else, and am in desperate need of some me time! Alright - thanks for letting me whine!

So much to do today, and I have to figure out how to help my DH. My FIL needs 24 hour care now. We moved him into assisted living, but since his care level is different than expected, the price doubled, pushing it into unaffordable. So, we've got to do some quick work to find somewhere else, deal with his finances, etc. Some tough days ahead for us. Wish us luck. Good thing is - now that I'm getting some exercise, I'm better equipped to deal with the stress! Thank you SB!!
Everyone - have a joyful Friday! The weekend is almost here!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all,

seems like I keep promising to catch up then something hits - this time the stomach flu! I will be back, promise (still OP!)
Old 05-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Last eve we de-brushed the yard and burned everything on a giant beach bonfire. Lots of progress for our first day home.

It was beautiful at 4am this morning. Kirk and I sat on the deck and watched the tide while we sipped coffee. Now it's blowing and cold. We went to the store and had a beautiful ring necked pheasant in our driveway when we returned. I have an appt. with my favorite chiro this morning then we're off to haul junk from the lot that we sold last winter.

Internet good enough to check in but not much more.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread