Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #1  

Default Fiber Powder and Cystex

Hi, I am on day #3 of IP and so far so good except for a bit of a headache here and there. My question is about 2 supplements I typically take and whether I can continue with them.

The first is Cystex for my recurring UTI's. The label say it has .25g of carbohydrates and it is sugar free. It does have an ingredient called Proantinox which includes cranberry concentrate, d-mannose, FOS, and Bromelain...I have no idea what some of those ingredients are?!

The 2nd is a generic fiber powder which is also sugar free and 4 grams of carbohydrates.

The co-owner of where I started said the fiber was okay but I am not sure after reading on this forum.

Any input would be most helpful. Thanks.
swerdna59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #2  

Fiber powder should be okay as long as it is sugar free. The UTI thing may be resolved with the added water intake, but I am no expert. See how you do a couple weeks without it and decide then if you need it or not.
sabredawn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #3  

Thank you, that is what I was thinking, I will stick with the fiber powder and not use the Cystex.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Hi, I take fiber powder everyday. I have to.... Just watch the label on the package, because some have sugar and some don't. I get the plain psyllium fiber and mix it up with a powdered drink mix myself.

Cranberries are known to help with urinary tract problems, so that's probably why it's in your supplement. I'm thinking that if the UTI problems start up, you can always go back to that supplement? I don't know how many pills you have to take everyday or if the carbs would really add up to much, but you've also got to take care of your health too...

Good luck!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerdna59 View Post
Hi, I am on day #3 of IP and so far so good except for a bit of a headache here and there. My question is about 2 supplements I typically take and whether I can continue with them.

The first is Cystex for my recurring UTI's. The label say it has .25g of carbohydrates and it is sugar free. It does have an ingredient called Proantinox which includes cranberry concentrate, d-mannose, FOS, and Bromelain...I have no idea what some of those ingredients are?!

The 2nd is a generic fiber powder which is also sugar free and 4 grams of carbohydrates.

The co-owner of where I started said the fiber was okay but I am not sure after reading on this forum.

Any input would be most helpful. Thanks.
The fiber will be fine, and I would think the supplement for the UTI shouldn't be a big deal if it's only .25g of carbs as long as you only take one or two max per day.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #6  

Thank you so much for the replies...for now I am sticking with the fiber powder and will see about the Cystex, it's a liquid that you mix with water or coffee but with all the water I am drinking I should be fine.