Old 05-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Default May 2012 NSVs

Well, since the scale hasn't been moving for me, maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread where I and others can post some non scale victories to stay motivated.

My NSV for today is being able to walk at a brisk pace for 70 minutes without needing to be revived with oxygen afterwards! One year ago I could barely walk for 5 minutes without getting winded and my feet killing me. My feet, knees, and hips felt fine - if anything, I felt even better after the first 15 minutes or so of warming up. So, that's an NSV I can live with!

Anyone else want to share an NSV?
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

My scale hasn't moved for practically two months! Buy now I can cross my legs comfortably and my thighs do not rub against each other! It is great to walk this way!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglesita64 View Post
My scale hasn't moved for practically two months! Buy now I can cross my legs comfortably and my thighs do not rub against each other! It is great to walk this way!
I think this was the greatest NSV ever! When I could trade in my capris for shorts without them riding up in to my crotch was the best!

My NSV- I had 2 pair of size 12 shorts that fit, but were just a tad bit too snug. Just enough to make them uncomfortable. Just say no to camel toe. Every once in awhile, I pull them out of my drawer to see if I can wear them, and this week, I could!

Last edited by twinieten; 05-12-2012 at 08:11 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #4  

Great NSVs, ladies!! You both get pats on the back!

Here is mine. Last Memorial Day weekend I went to an out of town event where someone asked me if I was....pregnant! (Grrrr....) At that time I was on 3FC and actively trying to lose weight. I had lost a few pounds and was feeling good, but that all changed in a hurry!

This weekend, I went to the same yearly event, and the same woman who made the remark kept coming over to me and telling me how great I looked! In fact, a number of people came over to me - some said I looked thinner, some couldn't quite tell what the change was but said I looked younger or less tired than the last time they saw me. Anyway, even though I had been feeling fat and frustrated with the scale not budging and my eating being off plan all weekend (plus my period about to happen), it made me remember how far I have come from last year to this year.

I am so glad that I didn't give up the fight last year after that discouraging comment about me being pregnant! I am glad I used it as motivation to keep going. I need to get back that motivation to keep going now, so that next year, I can think back to how far away my goal seemed this year and how happy I am that I didn't give up and was able to reach it!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #5  

Today I am wearing a size 12 skirt that used to be really tight. Today I noticed that I have quite a bit of room to spare around the waist band and hip area! I doubt I am a size 10 yet, but I am getting closer! I might have to do some "size shopping" soon just for kicks. Do any of you ever try on clothes in stores just to see if you are in a new size, without the intention of actually buying anything? Hey, I'd rather try on clothes than snack!

Last edited by guacamole; 05-17-2012 at 07:22 PM.