Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/9/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): [url="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf"]The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You __________________
Old 05-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #2  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good afternoon everyone. Day 2 of my second time round. I'm surprised that I have no headache and feel fine? Lunch is supplied at work today but I decided to check in here instead. Brought my own lunch of Finn Steven's "french toast" with wf pancake syrup. It's dreary here in Holland today. Where's the sun?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning

Today is WI # 12 I weighed myself this morning and the scale didnt move for me this week. I could tell that I was not feeling any thinner this week. This will be the first week that I dont lose but I know that it happens and I was waiting for it. We will see what the clinic scale says this morning maybe it will surprise me with a little bit. lol.

Have a great day.. I will check back in after WI
Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning.

So I've heard of estrogen being stored in a women's fat and released with weight loss. Same for testosterone too?

Have a great day. No time for my omelet. Just finished up a nice IP chocolate shake with ice.

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-09-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: auto complete
Old 05-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #5  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all. Got the first kid out the door and am now starting to herd the second. Looks like another rainy day in NJ. A good day to do inside spring cleaning! Our garden is sprouting lettuce, swiss chard and spinach and I still have veggies that were store bought so we are going to eat veggies a lot here!

Cadu I have had weeks like that and yet I lost lbs probably from some area that is not usually noticeable. Wishing you the same too.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good morning all. I didnt get to check in ysterday but Im back today. I think Im feeling the calm before storm TOM this week. WI is tomorrow so we shall see.

NSV I went shopping yesterday something I havent done for myself in a VERY long time and was surprised at being able to fit in clothes that didnt start with a 2_. That felt great and a 1x even fit a lil big. Im so happy and Im loving this journey with great rewards. Keep up the good work all and take the ride to success.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #7  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good morning all. I didnt get to check in ysterday but Im back today. I think Im feeling the calm before storm TOM this week. WI is tomorrow so we shall see.

NSV I went shopping yesterday something I havent done for myself in a VERY long time and was surprised at being able to fit in clothes that didnt start with a 2_. That felt great and a 1x even fit a lil big. Im so happy and Im loving this journey with great rewards. Keep up the good work all and take the ride to success.
Great job! Prettyone, I think you've said you live in St. Mary's? My mom lives there and is interested in starting IP, but I wasn't able to find a clinic near her in an online search. Can you tell me where you go? You can pm me if you would prefer that.

My NSV for the day is that I'm wearing a top that I haven't been able to wear in almost a year! Hope everyone has a great IP day!

Last edited by 0ojoyo0; 05-09-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #8  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaroph View Post
Good morning all. Got the first kid out the door and am now starting to herd the second. Looks like another rainy day in NJ. A good day to do inside spring cleaning! Our garden is sprouting lettuce, swiss chard and spinach and I still have veggies that were store bought so we are going to eat veggies a lot here!

Cadu I have had weeks like that and yet I lost lbs probably from some area that is not usually noticeable. Wishing you the same too.
Thanks Sanaroph.. Where in Jersey are you? I am in Colonia (Woodbridge Township, Middlesex County).
Old 05-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #9  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Thanks Sanaroph.. Where in Jersey are you? I am in Colonia (Woodbridge Township, Middlesex County).

I am in Middletown, Monmouth County!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Usmcvet-- I have not read anything about testosterone being stored in the body like estrogen can be.

Cadu- I had my share of weeks with little or no loss. Things eventually "gave" and good losses followed. For sure, we often don't see a steady decline in weight loss patterns. Keep up the work and never mind the scale is what I had to think.

Prettyone- you are doing so great on your IP journey. Exciting stuff to see such changes!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps...
had WI#4 .... 1.2lbs meh. but I did lose decent inches.

any loss is a good thing!

I definitely wasnt surprised.... Ive been running around more this past week than the weeks when I first started IP. So my water intake has been less... been crazy busy here @ work so my drinking water at my desk all day was low. Still havent cheated... been 100% OP.

ramping up my water and Green Tea intake....

I am also changing my WI days. I usually go after work on Tues, by then Ive had a whole day of eating and drinking and I think that impacts my weigh ins too . So Im switching to Sat morns before I teach Zumba...

Im motivated as heck now.. 5 lbs by the 19th my next weigh in!!!

more water pleeez.

have an awesome day
Old 05-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Great job! Prettyone, I think you've said you live in St. Mary's? My mom lives there and is interested in starting IP, but I wasn't able to find a clinic near her in an online search. Can you tell me where you go? You can pm me if you would prefer that.

My NSV for the day is that I'm wearing a top that I haven't been able to wear in almost a year! Hope everyone has a great IP day!
Thanks Oojoy. The one I go to is right at the Branch Aven metro station that was the closest one I could fine. I can give you the information if you would like. They always have start up seminars, let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Usmcvet-- I have not read anything about testosterone being stored in the body like estrogen can be.

Cadu- I had my share of weeks with little or no loss. Things eventually "gave" and good losses followed. For sure, we often don't see a steady decline in weight loss patterns. Keep up the work and never mind the scale is what I had to think.

Prettyone- you are doing so great on your IP journey. Exciting stuff to see such changes!
Thanks Samba. Yes I love the changes. Good luck to you as well.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBig View Post
GM IPeeps...
had WI#4 .... 1.2lbs meh. but I did lose decent inches.

any loss is a good thing!

I definitely wasnt surprised.... Ive been running around more this past week than the weeks when I first started IP. So my water intake has been less... been crazy busy here @ work so my drinking water at my desk all day was low. Still havent cheated... been 100% OP.

ramping up my water and Green Tea intake....

I am also changing my WI days. I usually go after work on Tues, by then Ive had a whole day of eating and drinking and I think that impacts my weigh ins too . So Im switching to Sat morns before I teach Zumba...

Im motivated as heck now.. 5 lbs by the 19th my next weigh in!!!

more water pleeez.

have an awesome day
Good luck Kbig.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

AHH!

Its been, well a long time since I've posted or anything on here. I've been lurking but that's it.

However, I'm confused about the fact that I gained weight for what seems to be no reason this week... I was down to 206 and jumped back up to 208. I'm wondering if its stress from finals, work, and my grad party. I also could be using too many Atkins bars. For some reason, I can't seem to break 205!! ARG, its so frustrating!

Any advice?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #15  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, been in class all week, don't feel like myself, we'll see how it all shakes out tomorrow at weigh in. Have a great day all! Stay OP!!!
Closed Thread