Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #1  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Red face Restarting Success, how did you do it?

I have attempted over and over again to restart. I will last a a few days and then fail. The longest I lasted was almost 2 weeks. It seems these days I always have some reason to postpone like girls night out, fishing trips or just a catered work lunch. My first go around I was so strong and could say no thank you to all thee above. This time I have no will power, what gives? Any secrets or helpful hints for restarting success?
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Well...I entered maintenance last May 28th.....I stayed within my 3 pound limit (of the 85 lost)...until August...I was up about 6 pounds...I reset for 12 days starting Labor Day...lost the 6 and another 5....but like you said...couldn't last another day.

I then stayed within my 3 pound limit until December 23rd...then for some reason on January 1st the scale was up 10 pounds...but I just couldn't phase 1 it....I tried exercise, weight watchers, calorie counting, Suzanne Somers....not a single pound lost....then I gained 5 more pounds after a long weekend.

So around the end of March I did 12 perfect days.....down 8 pounds...but went away for a week...all 8 back...then 13 perfect days...8 gone again...but went to a wedding had a few drinks....stayed in ketosis....but set me back a few days to recover from the fluid imbalance....it has been another 12 since the wedding.

So I have been in phase one for about 25 days (minus the drinking on wedding night)....I am only a few pounds away from my maintenance weight and then I will go for as many more I can lose by Memorial Day...

So answering your question....I don't know...I guess I finally reached my breaking point.....and since my 1 year in maintenance anniversary is approaching...I wanted to be the same weight or less.

IT IS so hard....the loss was so easy compaired to the maintenance and the rebooting. It feels like 10-12 days has been my max without faltering. So today is day12....I will definately make it to Saturday...so this will be the best stretch of good days.

I really wish I had an answer.

The eight months on IP....the first eight months of maintenance...all super easy for me.

The last four months...probably when I have learned the most.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #3  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Ladies! Add me to the list of re-starters!

Like darbs (and YOU), I did well in maintenance for months (reached goal in August and stayed within 5 pounds for months), then had a few too many days in a row of "not so good choices". The final straw was a trip to Disney last month. So now I have a few to lose to get back to where I want to be. I need to lose 15 to get lower than last time (knowing I will gain back 5 pounds when I add carbs back in).

I have had a REAL tough time these last couple of weeks. I am tired of eating P1, tired of so much prep work (slicing so many veggies- as I HATE being in the kitchen). I stare at the fridge and think "what am I gonna eat today" (as previously I never did like many of the IP food options and now once again find I am limited). Ugh!!

I get mad that I put these extra pounds on!! BUT! I FELT SOOOOO GOOD IN MAINTENANCE!!!! Did you???? I bet you did too!!!
I HAVE to think only ONE DAY AT A TIME! If I think how I will be eating like this for weeks again then I would quit right NOW!!! We KNOW this program works. I have learned that IF you go thru ALL FOUR PHASES then maintenance works!! It really does have to do with "resting, restarting and retraining" your pancreas.

I think you need to focus on one day only. Not yesterday, not tomorrow. JUST TODAY!! Then the next morning make a decision to try for another day.

I do NOT want to be fat EVER AGAIN!!! I refuse to go back there!!! 10 pounds up is enough for me (plus I only wear fitted pants like jeans now, no loose pants like sweats....so if they get tight I have no other clothes to wear - and that's incentive enough for me - LOL)!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Take deep breaths!! Remember how you felt in your loose clothes!! Keep your eye on the prize....FEELING GREAT!!!

Best wishes to all!!! Have a Magical Day!!!!

disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #4  

Great post (disgal). I agree....I love being a size 8 and not a size 18. I NEVER want to go back. I have some thoughts, but I have to go to work. I will post later.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #5  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Great post (disgal). I agree....I love being a size 8 and not a size 18. I NEVER want to go back. I have some thoughts, but I have to go to work. I will post later.
Thumbs up!! (don't see the smilie on the list)! LOL
Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I am with you girls! I am in total reboot mode. I feel like I am in a touch of a different situation, but going back on P1 after maintenance is still tough. I never actually got to my original goal. I had picked 125 as my goal weight on my first day at IP. Once I got down to 135, I was feeling so happy and successful that I decided to phase off.

I have been maintaining in and around 135 (5# flucuation) for 5 months. I have just decided to go back on P1 and get to my original goal. I am 3 perfect days into my reboot. DISGAL is right, it is literally 1 day at a time. I pretty much focus on 1 meal at a time.

I don't really have any solid advice about how to do it, but I think it all depends on your frame of mind. I hemmed and hawed about going back on P1 to get to 125 for MONTHS, and I could never make the commitment. But now, I am determined and have good mental focus. Why now instead of then? Who knows? But all I know is that I was READY to do it now.

And like you girls, I WILL NEVER BE FAT AGAIN. That is the beauty of IP, is if you do it right, you never have to be.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #7  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Glad I found this thread this morning, great posts and very helpful. So much of what all of you posted I could change the name and it would be me. I reached my goal of 170 in December, phased off and gained 5 pounds right away. Stayed on maintenance but did not watch myself closely enough and gained another 10 pounds. I never want to be overweight again and enjoy all my new clothes and feeling healthy, plus was able to be taken off my blood pressure meds. I restarted phase 1 on April 18, 2012,and it has not been easy staying OP. Now I lowered my goal, so with the 15 pound gain and 5 pound lower goal I restarted with 20 pounds to loose. Thanks for the posts it really helped me get my mind straightened out this morning and get going with this weight loss. Have a great day everyone!!
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

It is harder to restart if you are already at a near goal weight. If you need to lose 40 pounds then the incentive of seeing nice, big losses early, and fitting into smaller clothes is encouraging.

If you need to lose 10 pounds because you got off track, it is much harder to focus on weight loss. You know ip is always there, so putting it off for another day, week, month....just seems easier!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
Glad I found this thread this morning, great posts and very helpful. So much of what all of you posted I could change the name and it would be me. I reached my goal of 170 in December, phased off and gained 5 pounds right away. Stayed on maintenance but did not watch myself closely enough and gained another 10 pounds. I never want to be overweight again and enjoy all my new clothes and feeling healthy, plus was able to be taken off my blood pressure meds. I restarted phase 1 on April 18, 2012,and it has not been easy staying OP. Now I lowered my goal, so with the 15 pound gain and 5 pound lower goal I restarted with 20 pounds to loose. Thanks for the posts it really helped me get my mind straightened out this morning and get going with this weight loss. Have a great day everyone!!
Are start and end and situation is so similar. My original goal was 175, but made it to 165...gained 3-4 immediately and then maintained 168-171 for 8 months....then popped up in the low 180's almost overnight...now almost back to maintenance weight...then back to 165 or less so I have some room for phase 3/4 gain. I love 167-169...very comfy weight and size for me.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #10  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Are start and end and situation is so similar. My original goal was 175, but made it to 165...gained 3-4 immediately and then maintained 168-171 for 8 months....then popped up in the low 180's almost overnight...now almost back to maintenance weight...then back to 165 or less so I have some room for phase 3/4 gain. I love 167-169...very comfy weight and size for me.
Yes our stats are so similar. My first goal was also at 175, that is where my Dr set it, then I decided to set it for 170. I reached that goal, but now I have set it lower to 165 as I know I will gain the 5 pounds right away from past experience when I do phase 3/maintenance. I would love to maintain at 165-170. I am large framed and would like to see a small size in clothing, but I am happy with going from a size 24 to a size 11 jeans and I felt comfortable at that weight. Now just to get back there and maintain it!! I still fit in all the clothes I wore when I hit 170 pounds at maintenance so not sure where the weight gain is on me, but I know by the scale it is there, so for me I have to have a scale and not just go by clothe size to know if i gained or not. IP is a great program and having phase 1 to start back on to get back on track loosing again and seeing results makes it more like something to be able to be a lifestyle change and not a diet for me. With other plans I have tried there wasn't this to go back to and get yourself back on track. There is no excuse for me to ever let the weight gain get too far ahead of me again when I have the IP program to help me. When I gained the 80+ pounds, I had stopped weighing myself when I knew I had gained so much, so now I am making sure to keep a weight diary and weighing weekly for sure and sometimes during the week so I know when I start gaining to get back on track.

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 05-09-2012 at 03:23 PM.
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195.0/172.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Question.... I have been on phase 1 since end of march but I had a piece of cake this weekend. Does this mean that I am a Start over? Confused but loving the IP diet!!!!
Daydreamer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #12  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 View Post
Question.... I have been on phase 1 since end of march but I had a piece of cake this weekend. Does this mean that I am a Start over? Confused but loving the IP diet!!!!
Nope! It just means you hit a "bump" in the road!! Just get back on track!

People on this thread have all been thru the entire IP process, and for different reasons have put on a few pounds. We're all just trying to get some support from others that may be at the same stage, to help motivate one another to get the extra weight off, and learn from it.

Best wishes!!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #13  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
Quote:
You guys sound familiar!!! My Doc said 170 was where she wanted me. So I got down to 165. By the end of Phase 3 I was back to 168-170 where I stayed until about a month ago (darn you Disney...LOL....which started a partying spriral....darn those White Russians)!! I really am sooo sick of the 170's!! Argh!!!! I'm currently at 175....and want to get down to 160...to hopefully settle in around 164-168ish!! Each day is a struggle. HONESTLY, the only way I'm surviving is ONE DAY AT A TIME!!

Old 05-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #14  

I'm struggling! I do great staying on program but am not losing. It's so hard and then I eat something Im not suppose to and gain. UGH! I'm on week 8 and have lost 4 pounds. It's so hard!! I have several good days or even a great week but then I don't lose or lose 1 and blow it for a day or so and then back at it.
SaraJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

My parents did this diet successfully, which is why I'm currently on it. My Mom said that the first two weeks are the absolute toughest, but if you stick to it for at least six weeks you're pretty golden.

Maybe committing to two weeks of being OP might be the jump start you need to maintain until you re-reach your goal weight?
takers is offline   Reply With Quote