Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 5/8/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): [url="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf"]The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning IP family. I hope all goes well today. Eating breakfast getting ready to go to work. Rainy and cool in Vermont this morning. The buds on the crab apple tree are starting to come out.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Good morning all,
Am behind in reading posts - will read Monday's thread this morning. I missed all of you yesterday - a day w/o 3FC is gray indeed!

Today I start Phase 3 after 2 weeks of Phase 2. Lost 4 pounds during the 2 weeks of Phase 2. Phase 3 allows a robust breakfast so will be interesting. This is all in preparation for an upcoming vacation. Then immediately upon return, back to phase 1 to finish.

Had WI 13 this morning, down 1.2 pounds.

Last edited by Chloe222; 05-08-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #4  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good afternoon all. Starting Day 1 again!!
Things went haywire for the last 4 weeks. Brushing it off and starting again. Phew!

Last edited by carolirish; 05-08-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!
I'm still feeling a bit beaten down by the regime of the program. Am going to talk to my coach about phasing to P2 at next WI (about 8 lbs from goal) just to keep my sanity. I truly don't think I can do much more on p1 without breaking protocol. Also I have some travel and a bunch of events in June that will be almost impossible to do on P1. My intention was to phase before those events anyway, but now I'm really thinking about going about 2 weeks early. I think she'll oppose, but can she actually forbid it?
I really need encouragement today. My family is facing some "stuff" today and I'm praying for a good outcome. The rain isn't helping.... I'm feeling blue.
Wishing everyone a great day OP!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #6  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Good morning all! Doing much better this morning after my cravings almost got the better of me yesterday. I just kept reminding myself of why I want this. I hope I don't have to deal with too many more days like that, because I know that my will power has limits. It seems like so far everyone is getting off to a good start today. Have a great Tuesday!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #7  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning from Florida! It was 72 degrees on my drive in to work today, gonna be another hot and sticky day! Have a great day all
Old 05-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning IP family. I hope all goes well today. Eating breakfast getting ready to go to work. Rainy and cool in Vermont this morning. The buds on the crab apple tree are starting to come out.
Sounds like a beautiful perfect day...have a great IP Day...
I'm in San Anotnio and last ngith we had storms..but today seems calm..
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Weigh In # 24

Good Morning IPeeps:
I hope that today finds everyone well. I haven't been on here in the past couple of weeks. I have been busy with a chuch play that I got asked to be in at the last minute. I only had 2 weeks to learn my part whereas everyone else has had months. Then weigh in last week I was up 2 pounds and this weigh in I am up another 1 pound. Such is life I guess. I didn't do anything different, except being a little off schedule these past 2 weeks. I am going to have to read and catch up on everything. I don't know if the gain has anything to do with all that or if my body is fighting with me because I do not have much more to lose. Could be the devil trying to get at me as well, which ever it is, I am not going to let it get me down. I am going to fight tooth and nail to make sure that it does not keep creeping back up. It is not going to get the best of me. I have worked to hard and have come too far to give in.

Congratulations on all the losses so far and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I sure have missed everyone here. I was having terrible with drawls. I do so look forward on getting on here and chatting with everyone and seeing how everyone is doing.

Oh, I have to tell you, I have a girlfriend that started this last week. She was real hesitant because she didn't think she could do this. Was afraid that she wouldn't beable to handle cooking something for her husband and mother and them something different for herself. She said that she fell off the wagon once, but jumped right back on. Well she sent me an email yesterday to give me an update and she has lost 13 1/2 pounds. I am so proud of her. She is doing the Alternative for diabetic's plan. I told her that I am going to be the little voice in her head asking her which is better, 5 minutes of pleasure for whatever she is wanting to eat, or years of pleasure because she is much healthier. Her first mini goal is to lose 50 pounds. She stated that she has never been small in her enitre life and she does not know how she will react when she loses her weight.

Have to run for now, gotta get some work done. Will pop back in later.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Today is a new day for me - still feel a little overwhelmed and sad - but maybe it will get better as the day goes. Gotta try the soy burger this morning. Have to admit - I'm thinking it may not be the best - but will give it a shot. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Good morning from MT. Looks like it is a gorgeous one. I am struggling with sore muscles after wrestling with a tire on Sunday. (I was trying to turn the tire inside out to make a flower pot. Whew...what a workout. Planning on walking during my work breaks today to see if I can loosen up the muscles a bit. Then tonight I will be shooting my bow with my DH...that should help the arm muscles too. Have a wonderful day all!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Good Morn'ting IPeeps.

I slept like a baby last night..... and Im in a grrrrrreat mood.

WI #4 this eve....

Wishing everyone weighing in .... hope you all are LOSERS!!! (big L on the forehead)

Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Morning all!
I'm still feeling a bit beaten down by the regime of the program. Am going to talk to my coach about phasing to P2 at next WI (about 8 lbs from goal) just to keep my sanity. I truly don't think I can do much more on p1 without breaking protocol. Also I have some travel and a bunch of events in June that will be almost impossible to do on P1. My intention was to phase before those events anyway, but now I'm really thinking about going about 2 weeks early. I think she'll oppose, but can she actually forbid it?
I really need encouragement today. My family is facing some "stuff" today and I'm praying for a good outcome. The rain isn't helping.... I'm feeling blue.
Wishing everyone a great day OP!
I haven't come to the other phases yet. I can't imagine not being allowed to phse onward if that is what you need to do. You are close to goal and may lose on P2 also. I have noticed that the challenges of sticking to plan wax and wane. I have always hoped no extra stressors would crop up. I hope that you can find a way through the tough times. Hang in there and stick to whayptever phase you are doing. That will still be so good for you!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #14  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Good morning all. I have WI#4 in a few hours and I'm sooo looking forward to it! Isn't that strange? After years of avoiding weighing myself away from home, now I actually look forward to the "official" weigh in.

I must admit, I began restricteds this week and had one everyday for my snack. I feel as though I totally indulged, but it was all 100% OP. I am a little excited and nervous to see what impact this had on the scales. I feel smaller and lighter, so I am happy with this weeks results (whatever they may be).

Will check in later with the results!
Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Morning all !! My WI is tomorrow and I wish it would come faster ... I KNOW I will be under 200 and I am so excited to see it !!!! It is amazing how much of a difference I notice already after just 5 weeks. Last night I was STARVING because we ate dinner late because my daughter had softball practice so while I was waiting I munched on some kale chips. KALE it is amazing to me because normally the time between when I got home from work and ate dinner was my worst time. I would eat anything in sight (literally) .... and now I had some veggies and was good to go until dinner at 8. I have been on MANY diets ... I am sure most of us have ... but I have to say this is the easiest thing I have ever done.
Closed Thread