Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Birthday weigh-in: 108 lbs down

Well, I decided to join my company's weight loss challenge today, which means I had to weigh in. I really didn't want that kind of pressure of knowing how much I have lost in the past two months since I last weighed myself, but I have a lot of temptations I am going to go through this month and thought the challenge would help me stay on track.

I have gone from 245 on March 2 to 223 today, which is 22 pounds lost. That's slightly over 2 pounds a week. I am now up to 108 pounds lost since I started back in July 2011.

While it is good that I'm not losing too quickly, part of me was still slightly disappointed that I didn't lose more in the past two months. I did have one "lost weekend" where I binged, and I guess that's all it takes, but otherwise I have been working so hard. I have kept to my calorie limits and (except for today, since I was so sore from Saturday's workout) have done cardio 5x/week and weights 3x/week.

I was afraid that seeing the scale would depress me and while I'm not exactly depressed I am disappointed - which is soooo stupid because I know I am doing well. And I am still overwhelmed by how much I still have left to lose. I'm so tired of trying to be patient

At least I did the right thing tonight. Instead of celebrating by allowing myself to gorge on a big dinner, I went to a local Mexican restaurant and got their healthy chicken salad: lettuce, cilantro, a little salsa, grilled skinless chicken, and pinto beans. I asked for the cheese on the side and only added a little. Maybe a bit more than I normally eat, but certainly not as bad as what I would liked to have eaten.

42 weeks done, 108 lbs lost...overall, not too bad
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #2  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Wait, you're disappointed with a 2lb per week loss!? That's an awesome weight loss!! You're 2/3rds of the way there! Celebrate already!

And Happy Birthday
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
Wait, you're disappointed with a 2lb per week loss!?

Crazy, huh??? I need an attitude adjustment, but my impatience is getting the best of me...
Old 05-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm extremely inspired by your loss in under a year! HOLY COW!!! Totally makes me believe even more in the saying "a year from now you'll wish you had started today".

What would your year-ago-self think of where you are today? I bet she'd be thrilled!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/199/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
I'm extremely inspired by your loss in under a year! HOLY COW!!! Totally makes me believe even more in the saying "a year from now you'll wish you had started today".

What would your year-ago-self think of where you are today? I bet she'd be thrilled!
that's a really good point about that quote! I've seen that so many times and it had an impact, but not as much as when you look at what KittyKatFan has accomplished!! Wow!

Last edited by Volschika007; 05-07-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Volschika007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 315/157/157

Height: 5'7"

I think it's a great idea to join the challenge to stay on track! Sounds like you're doing really well. Try not to get overwhelmed with the big picture. Just keep doing the next right thing (food, exercise, rest etc.) and you'll get there! I started out about the same staring weight as you did. It's taken me over 4 years to lose the weight. There were ups and downs, but thankfully a lot more downs than ups

Heather
Heather157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Congratulations - what an amazing birthday gift you've given yourself!!! I totally understand the impatience thing - I started losing weight January 2011 (a few months before a milestone birthday in April) and I did amazing for months. Then we had some vacations, I had some business trips, the holidays hit, etc. - in other words - LIFE happened (hah!) and I got thrown off my regular routine. I was stuck at 160 FOR MONTHS, since November 2011! I've only, in the last month or so, been able to start losing again.

The key for me is that I realized - life will continue rolling on. Holidays spring up. Birthday parties with cake happen. Amazing vacations with amazing food take place. Business trips pop up. I had to work those into my routine, rather than viewing them as reasons for panic attacks!

I had to accept that maintaining was a victory, too, even when I had 15 pounds to lose.

I had to be proud of myself, and congratulate myself, for every victory - no matter how small. Lost .6 pounds? Congratulations to me! Only gained 2 lbs on my 1 week business trip? Yay me! Was successful at turning down that 2nd piece of birthday cake? Woohoo!

Keep plugging away and be patient and kind to yourself. Maintaining is the ultimate goal, so when you have weeks where you don't lose, still pat yourself on the back! If you gain a couple, view it as an opportunity to learn why/how.

You are doing an AMAZING job - I'm in awe of you!! Seriously, there is no better gift you can give yourself - just think of where you were a year ago. When I think of myself at my highest weight, it makes me feel like crying, I was so depressed, on medications, avoided leaving my house as much as possible, was in so much physical pain (and avoided going to the doctor at all cost), etc. Everything in my life, everything, has improved as I've lost weight. So when I get impatient and think, "OMG! I want to be at goal already!" I just imagine me 2 years ago and it makes me feel so much better about where I am today!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone for the suport and encouragement. I will just have to take things day by day. It's just so hard though. There was a delicious looking brownie tray at lunch and I just wanted one so bad, but I looked up the calories. 420 whopping calories! Just for a brownie. Give me strength...
Old 05-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Amazing progress! You rock!!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #10  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Simply amazing how far you have come! 108 in 42... that's 2 1/2 pounds a week!! Truly phenomenal!
Ugh on the brownie.. 420 cals!!!! It's funny how everything nowaway is, is it worth it? 420 cals, nope, step away from the brownie. LOL
I can totally see getting to that point where I just want to be done and grow impatient ... and it scares me. So big hugs for what you're feeling!
It's completely understandable.
Congrats on joining the challenge, I know the ones here are keeping me really motivated. So show 'em all who the champion will be!

Best of luck on your continued road downward. Sounds like you've been a rock star so far!!
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Great job!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote