Old 05-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/143.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default IP & Food Allergies

Hi Everyone,
I am brand new here and I am starting IP for the first time on Wednesday 5/9. I was wondering if anyone on here had similar food allergies as myself. I am allergic to Gluten, Casein, and white potatoes. I know the potatoes thing won't be a problem because they're not allowed. However, I'm a little nervous about the other allergies and being able to eat some of the IP foods. Anyone have any experience with this. One of my main concerns is my casein allergy and the IP shakes...
Thanks in advance!
Monicakay02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #2  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

I have a casein allergy too!!! your coach should be able to help you read the labels on all the foods. For the most part, everything is soy based. I have actually noticed that my allergies aren't "stirred up" as much since being on IP.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #3  

Oh Thank God! Thanks so much for responding! I had spoken one of the coaches when I called for pricing information, she said that they had a lot of GF foods but when I asked ab Casein, she hesitated and had to check on it. So I just wanted to see if anyone else had more information. Thanks again!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #4  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Let me know how it goes!!!

It's a pain in the butt. I know. My allergies were never SO bad- I sometimes get a rash, but it's nothing terrible. Since i started IP i've become much more aware of how foods affect my body.

I am considering going back to an allergist to get tested and see what other things aren't so compatible with my system. Not sure if i REALLY want to know. But, I think it's important to be aware.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Hi there! I'm allergic to soy and peanuts. My foods are limited, but I think his will work for me. I'm in week 2, so sill a newbie.
dizzyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205.6/145.2/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Monicakay02, I also have a gluten intolerance. You will find that the restricted choices are very limited. Look for the gluten free symbol on the IP food boxes...those are the only ones that are "safe". The only restricted that is truly gluten free is the Oatmeal. So...what I do is occasionally have 3 unrestricted in a day instead of having a restricted so that I can have a bit more variety. There is also one restricted bar that doesn't seem to be bothering me on a gluten front...Choco Rasberry. It must be because the trace amounts of gluten are so small that it isn't triggering my symptoms. That kind of surprises me because it only generally takes food being processed in the same equipment.
Meadow Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #7  

Wow thanks everyone for all the help and advice!! I went to the IP informational mtg today and am meeting with my coach tomorrow morning. They provided gluten free informational sheet from the IP manufacturer and the ingrediants sheet. Appears theres some foods available esp the fruity drinks. Looks like I'll do similar to Meadow and stick to more drinks than snack type foods. Meadow- thanks for the heads up about the choco raspberry, I'll def try that! If anyone has any other inputit would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #8  
start IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 235/195/175

Height: 5'8"

I have an appointment at 9AM for first consultation and get my packets and info and find out my weight, etc. Very excited and a little nervous.
cupcakecathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 390/230/160

Height: 5'9''

I am Celiac and casein sensitive. I have found there is a decent selection of IP foods that will work for me. But I have also found there are a lot of different lists out there with what is "safe" and what isn't. One thing was labeled gluten free but clearly said Wheat flour on the ingredients.
My coach told me one of the bars was GF and it hat Malt extract in it.
Be very careful and look at the boxes the pouches come from if you can. Most of the shakes and puddings are safe. Some of the soups are safe too - and very good. Other products you need to read the labels carefully. I don't know how often they update them.
photogirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #10  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monicakay02 View Post
Oh Thank God! Thanks so much for responding! I had spoken one of the coaches when I called for pricing information, she said that they had a lot of GF foods but when I asked ab Casein, she hesitated and had to check on it. So I just wanted to see if anyone else had more information. Thanks again!
Is it just the casein protein or also the whey protein? A lot of protein things with this diet (or certainly if you go alternative like myself) are very whey based.
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote