Old 05-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 143/123

Height: 5'0

Default carb,protein,calories per day spreadsheet?

Hi
I have looked thru most of the stickies but can't find this one... I am considering switching to alternatives, but want to make sure I am doing it EXACTLY like IP. Is there a thread or spreadsheet that specifically outlines how many grams of protein, carbs, sugar, calories, etc we need per day or per serving (breakfast, lunch, dinner) on IP? I want to stay OP but possibly with alternatives.
Thanks!
jakeryanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #2  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

I did a ton of research yesterday on the alternative thread about foods. Basically all I am doing is finding the same foods I am eating on IP and then finding a replacement. I have two rtd drinks a day so that was an easy one, I will replace those with EAS drinks. Then for lunch I have a bar, so I am going to try pure protein bars. They are both very similar to the IP products. That way I know I am getting what I need to be!
kmc1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I have attached a spreadsheet for alternatives and IP products. ALso, I have attached the nutritional value for IP products. Some of the newer items aren't on it but for the most part all of the products are there.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Compare Lindora-IP for 3FC (1).pdf (218.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf Nutritional Fact Sheet.pdf (16.6 KB, 109 views)
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I've been on alternatives for 5 of the 6 weeks I've been following this protocol. When I first switched, I compared the various alternative products I was considering to the nutritional values on the spreadsheet that Wuv has provided above, and did my best to select ones that corresponded very closely. Some of my alternatives have more fibre, which I consider a bonus. The Alternatives thread here gave me some good ideas too, depending on whether or not they were available in Ontario, Canada - or online without exorbitant shipping/customs charges.

To get an overview of what my total daily intake should look like, I plugged four IP product items that I would typically eat through the day if I were still on IP 'proper' into my fatsecret.com Diet Calendar. (For some reason my original IP coach started me on a 4-pack/day program, and I've stuck with that). for example, a IP breakfast pancake + IP lunch soup + IP pudding + IP bar. Then I also added in the additional food items that I'd be required to eat... the 4 cups of veggies daily, 8 oz of meat at dinner, extra romaine, etc. That gave me my daily 'overview'. Of course the type of meat, veggies, etc. is going to vary from day to day, but this gives you an approximation. And I knew which veggies and meats I was most likely to be using on the most regular basis. Maybe I'm being a bit anal and obsessive but I track my food intake on a daiy basis on fatsecret.com. It somehow helps keep me motivated to see exactly what I'm eating and what each day's carb/fat/sugar/calories/sodium etc. etc. look like. I only had 1 food intake booklet (forget what they're called in IP-speak) which of course was used up in 1 month's time, so this takes the place of writing everything in that, only provides me with the nutritional detail.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/217/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have attached a spreadsheet for alternatives and IP products. ALso, I have attached the nutritional value for IP products. Some of the newer items aren't on it but for the most part all of the products are there.
I am so thankful that for this site and especially for all the information that you have provided in your posts, wuv. It is so helpful because I will be on a weight loss program for many months and it will give my pocketbook a break now and then!

No exercise for this nubie today because I am glued to this site!
Anita43 is offline   Reply With Quote