View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
Zazaa
Health is wealth $$$$$$$$

S/C/G: 180/150/115

Height: 5"2

Red face

Hey! So I have reallly oily and acne prone skin and for some reason although my face was really oily I felt odd not putting on any face cream/moisturizer at all since I've been doing it since I was a kid.

Recently though, I've started paying more attention to my body and skin and I've suddenly literally started to feel the oil on my face and feel the need to wash my face like a few times during the day - BUT I've stopped using a moisturizer completely (only sunscreen when I leave the house), and my face typically feels sort of dry for the first 10-15 minutes after I wash my face, but then my natural oils start naturally moisturizing my face and I realize that I never needed any moisturizer in the first place! It's just the first 15 minutes after u wash ur face that you feel the need to moisturize (this is only if you have oily skin ofcourse).

I use La Roche-Posay Effaclar facewash (for oily/sensitive skin) and when I'm home I don't use any moisturizer on my face, but when I step out I always use La Roche-Posay's Anthelios XL sunscreen cream for the face..I wear it under my makeup too .. this is seriously the best face cream/sun screen ever! It's pretty light and it just feels great! (This change in how I take care of my skin and the products I use has done wonders for my skin btw!).

(P.S. - Oh, and when my skin goes crazy (break outs, general rebellion) which always happens the week before my period begins, I switch to a Salicylic Acid facewash)

Last edited by Zazaa : 05-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Zazaa is offline   Reply With Quote