Old 05-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #278 Bale of Turtles Getting Ready for the Beach!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Work has been really aweful this week, seems like the harder I try the worse it gets and some of the people I work with are really aweful, I mean just out and out mean people - to be honest it is just not worth it so I will be happy when this contract ends, there has been talk of hiring me on perm but I am really rethinking that whole thing. Life is too short for this crap.

I looked over posts a bit but did not have time to read them all. Good luck to everyone, my scale is up over 4 lbs but with vacation and TOM I guess that is not too bad and I will go to WW tomorrow morning and get my butt back on track.

Kim: I quit smoking almost 2 years ago after many attempts so hang in there and you will be fine. I really feel much better now that I don't smoke!

Judy: Hope you are doing well!

Bandit: love Neil Young and how cool that you got to see him!

Terri: I need to get back to exercising again, I walked a lot while we were siteseeing but did a lot of car riding also so I am gett stiff again and need to move!

Life: How are you doing?

Hope I did not forget anyone - have a great weekend ladies!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi to everyone,
Princess, good luck with your job/contract/permanent? I'll be getting back on track with exercise soon myself. I've just set up a block and haven't been getting any in-----not even my easy tape or ugh. The food has been good, but I want to really shake off this excess weight I put on a few weeks ago. This week was great. Now I have to repeat and not rest.

Good luck and : to us all. Have a great weekend!
Judy
234.6/187/179 and thinner
Old 05-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone I am still here my semester has ended and I passed. So its on to summer school and then pinning at the end of july. I have managed not to gain any weight. Haven't lost any, but I did manage to go down a pants size. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Hope everyone is well. I am working on better eating habits still. Have a good weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Went to W/I yesterday and was up 1.8 lbs which is not too bad considering I was on vacation and with TOM - I am firmly out of vacation mode now and back on track but I do need to improve my exercise so that is my goal this week.

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend.

Congrats to Life for passing her classes and also going down a pant size... how fabulous is that!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #6  
Chick

Life4evr, Wowsie wowsie!!!! Many congrats on passing your classes and moving on toward your license. You are amazing. :
and I'll throw in a because you are eating better and your pants size shows it. Weigh to go, Life4. You're doing great. All these good habits do show up in one way or another.

Princess, I think it's great to have TOM and be back from vacation and be up so little. In my mind as soon as TOM goes away, I think you'll see a real loss. :

I had a hungry day yesterday. Then my kids came in late and wanted Chinese food last night, so I overindulged. Today is good so far and I want a weight loss this week, so I'll drink lots of water and watch the food.

Have a great day, everyone. Sun's trying to break through here.
Best of everything to us all!
Judy
234.6/187/179 and thinner
Old 05-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #7  

I am still here. Super busy and sorry for being MIA. Down about -1.4 this week. Still having some stomach issues with gallbladder but bearable right now. I am struggling with snacking the past two days. Hope everyone else continues to do well. I will try to check in again soon.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday! I ate too many points yesterday - we had a B-Day Lunch here at the house for my MIL and youngest DS girlfriend. Will need to work at it this week so that I see a loss.

Have a great week all, I will pop in when I can!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #9  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

I totally missed the thread change, slacker me!!!

Princess1122~ Yesterday was really rough for me as we had a party for my nieces second birthday, so I totally understand!

CherryAutumn~ Congrats on the 1.4lbs!!!

Itryharder~ Yesterday was our first sunny day in a long time, felt soooo good! Sounds like this was a rough weekend for a lot of us!

life4evr~ Awesome Job! You must feel incredible!!!

I was being a creepy stalker and reading posts, and then I realized that I must have missed the new thread somehow! Sorry
Life has been crazy lately, and I hate to say it, but I have not been doing very well with my food and exercise. I still get in my two one mile walks/day Monday-Friday, but I have been slacking on getting exercise in after school. Food has been super tough as I feel like I want everything I see. I was really angry at myself Friday night because I went ahead and ordered pizza and by the time I had to get ready to go get it, I realized I didn't really want it... Opened my eyes to waiting longer after I get an initial craving, as often they go away.
So while my weight loss is at a standstill, I do have some good news. I am at 4 days 14 hours and 30 minutes with no cigarette!!! It's been tough, but I'm starting to really feel like I can do it!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday - another busy day today so just a quick hello.

DH and I went for a quick walk last night and that was nice, only about a mile but it is a start.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All
Gym yesterday am, then mysteriously devoloped hip pain on L side, this was later in the morning, not sure whats up with that!!!

Cherry/Life good to hear from you gals just keep at it and it will all come together!!
Princess every step counts! It is one less sat on our butts!!!
Kim keep telling yourself "I am a nonsmoker I do not smoke anymore" you are doing it so don't worry the hardest first few days are over!!!
Judy its all about moderation!!! we can't be perfect every day!!!

Gals I think we are all doing great!!! We just have to keep at it!!!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #12  
Chick

Princess, glad to hear you and dh got out to walk. A mile's weigh more better than no miles.

KimL, glad you found us. As far as the important stuff goes, *You gave up smoking!!!!* Weigh to go. Keep up the good work and then the weight loss will follow. So happy you did this!

Terri, hope you just have a muscle strain or something easily healed up with your hip. Love your cheering messages. You are right. We just have to keep on doing this.

Don't know what happened this week with me. I'm up 1.4# and it's disheartening. I kept careful track and although it wasn't a perfect week it also wasn't a week where I should have gained weight. Today has been good so far and I'll just keep on keepin' on. I've been avoiding the scale since it was setting me up: If I gained, I threw away the program. If I lost I was a little rewarding to myself with food. In either case, I ate more. However, since I don't think I should have gained weight, I will weigh myself tomorrow and see if this was a fake gain. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Judy
234.6/????/lighter and on to goal-----sometime before the next millenium!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #13  

Morning everyone and happy Thursday! I have my TOPS meeting tonight so we will see how that goes, not much is happening with the scale this week so I don't expect much.

Terri" Hope your hip gets better

Judy: I am sure you will have the extra off in no time!

Kim: Keep at it, you are doing great with the not smoking!

Life: Hope your week is going great!

Cherry: Hope you continue to not have stomach issues!

Bandit: How are you doing lately?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Happy Thursday!

Still hobbling around on this funky hip/back pain thing!!! It loosens up the more I move,have managed to walk at lunch the last 2 days.
We have our fancy work party Friday night at country club (it is for our service awards) I am just wearing a black dress I got for 9.99 at Vallue Village, but I bought fuscia pink heels to wear hehehehehe!!!! Hope my hip feels better!
Hope you are all having a great week!!!!

Terri
Hope you all are having a great week!
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #15  
Chick

Terri, fuscia pink heels sound divine. You go, girl!!! I hope your leg/hip eases up soon so you can dance the night away.

Princess, how's the food going now?
Bandit, got something good for this weekend?
Cherry, how's your gall bladder and kiddies?
Life4, congrats again on your great semester!
KimL, how are you feeling?

Dh has a bad flu. He really feels under the weather so my challenge for today is to remember that my eating more won't help him feel better faster.
Right? I've got meals planned out and am thinking of what would be soothing for him.

Have a great day Turtles. I'll check back in tomorrow.
Judy 234.6/? I refuse to put the new number on my line-next week will be better!