Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Unhappy I don't know how to feel. But I'm crying :C

:C
Okay. So I've been trying to tell myself that numbers are just numbers.
I'm noticing changes in my body, but I'm a number oriented person. I like seeing my progress on paper.

I just called my last gym to get my measurements from Feb. and I can't for the life of me remember what part of my waist they measured.
The top of my waist (where my bellybutton starts) is 2 inches smaller than the gym's last measurement, but the bottom of my bellybutton is almost an inch bigger! I have no idea which one is accurate.

Since that measurement I've lost a little more than ten pounds.
Which is great, but for some reason I can't get it out of my head that it's a possibility that I've gained almost AN INCH.

I have no idea if that's logical. I'm just feeling defeated. Boyfriend is wonderful and wiped my tears away and assured me that I'm getting smaller, but I just can't stop beating myself up for it.

I guess I always assume the worst, and I feel like I must have gained the inch, not lost two.

Ugh.
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Average the measurements, -0.5. Relatively arbitrary. If you don't have the exact method of measurements they took you can't infer your changes. Use what you have for empirical evidence, put on the same clothes you wore when last measured and see if the fit differently. Good luck with the numbers game. I take my weight in kgs which I can't convert easily in my head. Keeps me from obsessing.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #3  

Thank you <3
I'm considering weighing myself less often, and measuring even less than that.
It might keep me from obsessing.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Tell you what...if YOU don't give up...I won't give up!!

I'm the same height as you...started at 220...now i'm at 206 and CANNOT get lower (my ticker is old and i don't know how to fix it! LOL). Anyway, my bf told me yesterday that my pants look big on me (i gave up Wheat/Gluten a week ago)...but the scale is NO reflection of that whatsoever. But my clothes FEEL looser...so i don't get it. I too, am obsessing that i can't get this number down, and i don't understand WHY. I'm exercising 5 days a week, i'm eating healthy and as "clean" as possible...minimal/no sugar...yet this weight will NOT come off. I was ready to give up too. So just remember...you aren't alone...and you aren't the only one that is going through these hard times and the ups and downs. I can honestly say, this is one of the most difficult things i've ever done. It's discouraging, it's difficult, and it's disappointing. But people DO it. I've got an idea...let's do it TOGETHER.
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

I wouldn't sweat the abdominal measurement especially. It seems as if all kinds of things can affect that measurement, especially how much food you had in your intestines at various times, to bloating.

Celebrate the 10 lbs and trust that things are changing for the better!
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It also depends on who is taking the measurements, it helps if it is always the same person as different people may do it differently by holding the tape a little loose or placing it too high or too low.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardendiva View Post
I wouldn't sweat the abdominal measurement especially. It seems as if all kinds of things can affect that measurement, especially how much food you had in your intestines at various times, to bloating.

I didn't think about that. o: That's true.
Thank you so much :]

And shoeluver67~ Thank you. We can totally do this. I was stuck at 203 for awhile. :/ I think it's really easy to feel alone in this journey and forget that instant gratification isn't part of the weightloss game. At all. Thank you for your support. We'll totally get through this together :] Congrats on the progress you've made so far, and I really hope you keep me updated about how things are going. Also, the quote in your signature (i think?) is beautiful. Totally brought tears to my eyes.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
It also depends on who is taking the measurements, it helps if it is always the same person as different people may do it differently by holding the tape a little loose or placing it too high or too low.
That's exactly why I was freaking out D: D:
I have no idea how they took the measurements. If they took them one way, I'm doing excellent, but if they did they the other way, I've been doing terrible.
I think that's what got to me was that I have NO idea which it is.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #9  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

DandelionCupcakes,
Those measurements are only one way to check your progress and since you didn't take those measurements yourself I would think there is much room for error.
Don't worry, just keep on keeping on!
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #10  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardendiva View Post

Exactly. The two inches on the upper part of the waist and the 10 lbs tell the story of what is happening.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #11  

oooo man I understand. I tried on jeans a few weeks ago, I haven't really "looked" at my body and my legs, well they are a stubborn area for me, and I saw them and called myself a sausage. Thought that "phase" was over, but nope, the sadness in the dressing room and name calling is still something I need to work on.
No matter what, you are progressing. That is what matters-that we are getting there, not that we achieve a certain result in a certain amount of time.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote