Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #1  
hold the calories

S/C/G: (HW)280 252/ticker/164

Height: 5'8.5

Default exercises for the exhausted?

i work in retail for a very busy bakery (temptation central!) so i'm on my feet all day. work starts early and by the time i get home i'm exhausted and i just don't have the stamina for exercise. i really want to start working out as it'd be beneficial to my weight loss and health - and i realise that to gain stamina i need to build it - but i'm finding it rather daunting. any tips to ease a chick in? x
side salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

A gentle walk is the best way to start. Or maybe some yoga? Gentle, slow yoga, not the hot bikram sweating, wrapping your legs around your neck kind. A walk doesn't even have to be long to be beneficial. If you could go walk during your break for 10 minutes, that might be an easy way to get started. Or before you go to work. Don't go hard at first, or you will give up and quit. After you get used to it, you will notice that you have more energy. I know it sounds dumb, but I never have more energy than when I regularly exercise. It regulates mood stabilizing chemicals, and if you are mildly out of wack, you might be fatigued. Happy exercising!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #3  

Weight lifting, the stationary bike, rowing, swimming...

These are all things you can do while NOT standing

OR save your big workouts for your days off when you haven't been standing all day.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

If you possibly can, take a brisk walk, bike ride, in the morning before going to work, this will give you energy for the rest of the day, guaranteed! For years I got up at 5AM to workout, the first week is definitely difficult but your body gets used to it, as you start going to be earlier you won't be so tired at 5AM... Good luck!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Yoga.

You'll go out feeling MUCH better than when you went in.

thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #6  
hold the calories

S/C/G: (HW)280 252/ticker/164

Height: 5'8.5

thanx for the tips chicks x
side salad is offline   Reply With Quote