Old 05-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #1  
Started IP 8/26/11

S/C/G: 241/179/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default Supplements ... I am lost...

Can anyone confirm? I have searched all the threads, but nothing really answers the question and my coach is useless... keeps giving me pages from their book that includes what they are used for, but not how take them.

Does this sound right (if you are taking all of them and they are from IP?):

Breakfast:
1 enzyme
1 omega
1 multivitamin
1 potassium

Lunch:
2 omega
1 antioxi

Dinner:
1 multivitamin
2 cal-mag
1 antioxi
1 enzyme
1 omega

Snack (Evening):
2 cal-mag

So that would add up to daily dose of:
2 enzymes
2 multivitamins
4 cal-mag
1 potassium
2 antioxi
3 omegas

HELP!!!!
Callmesmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

The only supplements required by IP are the cal-mag, multi-vit and pot-cal, and these are to replace the nutrients you aren't getting in food. What you wrote is correct in the timing and amounts. You are not required to take the other stuff. It may help, but it really adds up so I didn't do it.

The Phase 1 chart, that lists the allowed vegees and meats, should say on there when to take the required vitamins - do you have that chart? There is a copy of it in the 'stickies' folder too.

Good luck!

Last edited by Sewmam; 05-03-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #3  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Mine are IP and my sheet says:
Breakfast:
1 Multi-Vita
1 Potas/Cal

Dinner:
1 Multi-Vita
2 Cal/Mag

Snack:
2 Cal/Mag

That is all that is required other than things like your oil, salt, water, veggies and protein. And the packets of course.
The others you have listed are recommended but are not required like the ones I posted above.
doublebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi callmesmall, this was confusing for me too. I decided I wanted to take all the supplements, recommended and mandatory, but IP gives no guidelines about whent to take the recommended...I also searched on here and couldn't find anything using the search option, but since then I've stumbled on a lot of helpful info. This is how I do it - don't know if there is a right or wrong way...some even say they take all of theirs at once but I spread it out:
Breakfast - Pot/Cal, Multi, Antioxidant, Omega 3
Lunch - 2 Enzymes, Omega 3
Dinner - 2 enzymes, omega 3, multi, antioxidant, 2 cal mag
Snack - 2 cal mag

Dinner always feels heavy on the sups...I may experiment with spreading more out to lunch...
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #5  
Started IP 8/26/11

S/C/G: 241/179/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJ100 View Post
Hi callmesmall, this was confusing for me too. I decided I wanted to take all the supplements, recommended and mandatory, but IP gives no guidelines about whent to take the recommended...I also searched on here and couldn't find anything using the search option, but since then I've stumbled on a lot of helpful info. This is how I do it - don't know if there is a right or wrong way...some even say they take all of theirs at once but I spread it out:
Breakfast - Pot/Cal, Multi, Antioxidant, Omega 3
Lunch - 2 Enzymes, Omega 3
Dinner - 2 enzymes, omega 3, multi, antioxidant, 2 cal mag
Snack - 2 cal mag

Dinner always feels heavy on the sups...I may experiment with spreading more out to lunch...

So that is 4 enzymes? the bottle says only 2...
Callmesmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #6  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

One more thing, if you have questions regarding these or any other supplements you may add in the future a great place to go is your pharmicist. If you don't have a regular one, any pharmacist should be able to answer your questions.
I added some extra supplements when I was about 2 months into the program and talked to a person at the Vitamin Store who was very knowledgeable. I told them what I was already taking and what I wanted to begin taking and I just had to move my muti-vita to lunch and dinner so I wasn't peeing it out (your body can only handle so much of certain things at once therefore you just pee it out). Since I began taking something else that was meant to be taken in the morning that would have been too much with the multi at breakfast as well. Anyhow I also got a 2nd opinion with my pharmicist and after giving him all the info as well he said the same thing.
Your coach may be vague because she just doesn't know and has a problem with asking above her. Maybe you can teach her. At least you are educating yourself. Good Luck.
doublebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Of what you have listed I think I would move the enzyme tablet from breakfast to lunch as lunch is where you actually have something to digest (unless you are eating some vegetables or a salad for breakfast instead of just a packet).

It is OK to take 1 to 2 capsules of the Enzymes at meals, per the bottle, which I read to mean 2 to 6 a day.

The most important part, per my coach, is to be consistent. Your current schedule certainly does that.

I wonder if, by taking these supplements, you won't need the Novi-Lax.

; )
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote