View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
madamwu

Default Eating in restaurants gloat/rant/vent

Yesterday I had my WW meeting. We were talking about strategies for eating in restaurants. Someone said: "ask for a take out container when your food comes and put half of it away." The leader then asked if anyone actually did that: NO ONE raised their hand, including the suggester! Everyone laughed.

So that evening, my plans of grilled meat and veggies went out the window when my partner suggested eating out. Remembering my meeting, I actually did it--I cut my chicken philly in half and kept only 7 french fries to eat. The philly was actually fairly small, so it was still work to not open that container and eat more of my meal. My guess is I will end up throwing it out after it occupies space in the frig for awhile. So the takeout container mainly served as a hiding mechanism?

The restaurant had a salad topped with chicken as its "healthy" choice, but I had that for lunch. The shrimp was too expensive. Everything else was fried. They had a side of sauted veggies available instead of fries, mash, or onion rings--but I would have had to pay the full $4.00 price to get them. I don't understand why they just can't charge you half price--$2.00 extra would have been reasonable for a substitution...Its like they hold you hostage if you want to eat better. They made the pretense of offering "healthy" options, complete with the cutsy heart symbol, but made it boring or expensive to get them.

Just cranky. I've got chicken in bbq sauce in the crockpot at home, which I will eat with a boatload of greenbeans. Hungry now!
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote