Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:25 AM   #1  
on my way down!

Default Snacking...

What can i snack on...i am following sliming world but am looking for some low fat snacks to have while on the run at work??

Any ideas?
Old 08-17-2003, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

let's see... i am a total snacker. so i try to cut down on the snacking... but when it isn't happening, i at least try to eat god things.

- i love baby carrots.

- smart pop pocorn is really lowfat/lowcal.

- gum!

- i have some nutra sweet butterscotch candies on my desk. only 5 cal each!

those are my best tips. i'll spare the truth about how often tortilla chips sneak into that list and say GOOD LUCK!!
Old 08-17-2003, 02:09 PM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I take a Baggie full of raw veggies to work every day. It's probably about two cups. I munch on them. Carrots, cherry tomatoes, peppers, green pea pods, and my fave, radishes. I'd love to add cucumbers, but Hunter's allergic to the smell so I can't have them in the house.

I also measure out a cup of little pretzel twists in a Baggie. And take a couple pieces of fruit. Usually, though, I only eat one piece of fruit and ignore the pretzels. But there's there just in case I have one of those days when I really want something carb-laden.

I also have a tin of roasted almonds at my desk. I have to carefully count them out, though, because they add up quickly, calorie-wise.

For protein fixes: beef jerky, hard-cooked eggs, lowfat cottage cheese, lowfat yogurt cups. I get the snack-size containers of cottage cheese to take to work, usually for the protein component of my breakfast. The eggs make a nice change every once in a while, but they're higher in fat. I try to make my own beef jerky so it's not too salty (and much less expensive) but sometimes I just buy it.

Last edited by synger; 08-17-2003 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:48 PM   #4  
Catwoman

I like celery, it has alot of crunch and it's filling too. It goes really well with cheese but that adds the cals more.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:23 PM   #5  
missaprylj

I think they've mentioned everything....
yogurt
cottage cheese
fruit
veggies
popcorn
also, I'd like to add- toast, crunchy bread sticks, a little dry cereal (Sorry those are all carbs, but hey, they're suggestions!)

Closed Thread