General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

Default Soul destroying jeans... why?? why? I hate them!! Help!!

So I just bought a pair of levi's jeans... you know the new Curve Id ones designed for real women instead of previous jeans designed for stick thin women (which btw its my dream jeans for when i hit goal lol). So anyway i was very excited when they fit me in the change room but now I cant bear to wear them. I am actually 2kg less than when i bought them but the minute i put them on and feel the restriction as i pulled them up and then around the waist, i immediately feel gigantic and depressed and angry and get the urge to eat and then take them off and shove them at the back of the closet and think i'll try them on when i lose a bit more weight... but why is that?? Why cant i bear to wear these jeans??? I mean in my head i know that jeans tend to loosen a bit after a couple of wears but even thinking about wearing them and how they feel (and now writing baout it) is making me feel anxious and resigned and depressed and just incredibly unhappy. I HATE these jeans! HATE THEM! And I can't return them because i took the tags off and lost them. I know i sound like a crazy woman but I effing hate these jeans and i feel like i should wear them because they were expensive and they are levi's and they fit me and they arent size 16. So if I iron the jeans, will they expand? I have very little experience with jeans to be honest, as they have never fit me (except a pair of large old lady ones that I used to love). How do you losen jeans, other than losing weight? If I wear them constantly for a day (and i dont know when i will be mentally strong enough to do that without going on an emotion induced binge) or two, will the body heat cause them to loosen up? And you know what else i hate about htem? the corner bit of the button sticks out and it annoys the heck out of me. How do I make the flappy bit stay down?? Maybe I am just not built to wear jeans...its just depressing that no matter how much i seem to lose, i cant lose my stomach bulge which makes it so hard to wear jeans. You know? It makes me feel like i am not achieving true weightloss because i still have my stomach and the jeans make me constantly aware of my stomach which i tend to forget as all my other clothes are lose on me now but because i feel the restriction on the stomach, i cant forget it. Does tha make sense? I dunno anymore Anyway if you can give me a hint on how to make these jeans a bit loser, i muchly appreciate it. xo
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

If you can stand it, you can wet the waist band with water and put them on wet. The wasit will stretch a bit.

I have been known to cut the waist off of jeans also, but you might not want to do that since they are brand new.

Sorry they're treating you so badly
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Personally, I love the Levi Curve - they're one of the VERY FEW jeans that fit my "weird shape". I know what you mean about the "corner bit of the button sticks out" and yeah, that's irritating. But I've found that problem with other jeans as well.

However, if you really hate them, get rid of them. No amount of stress is worth it over a pair of jeans, trust me!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #4  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

Don't let them destroy your soul.

They are just pants and there is nothing wrong with you, its the jeans! Try to sell them on ebay and buy some that make you feel fabulous!
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #5  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i feel very claustrophobic in tight or restricting clothing...i didnt used to feel that way, i wore leggings all through high school (early 90s) and then jeans even when i weighed ALOT more than i do now...but when i got pregnant with my youngest one, i started not to like jeans...and it's never gone away...i much prefer the unrestricted feeling of things like black dress pants or yoga pants or even sweatpants...

so i definitely understand the feeling of putting on something very very tight and restricting

i'd just sell the jeans or something, make your money back that you spent on them, and buy something else
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I wouldn't wear pants that make me feel restricted. I have jeans and they don't make me feel that way. Maybe you just need a different brand?

I like Calvin Klein brand quite a bit.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #7  

There's no point stressing so much over a pair of pants. I wouldn't sell them yet, maybe as you lose weight they'll start fitting better, but you shouldn't wear them now if they make you feel so uncomfortable. Try again in a couple of weeks and see how they feel on you.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

If they have any stretch to them, usually wearing them for half an hour or so will loosen them up. I have a pair of jean right now that straight out of the dryer fit perfect but within half an hour of wearing them they need a belt again. If they don't stretch out after wearing for a short period of time, put them away for a few weeks, then try again.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #9  
~Never Quit~

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'7"

Hide them from your sight till you feel like dealing with them.
or
You could do like I did back in the day when girls wore boys Levis (and wore them skin tight in the butt and legs with a belt cinching the waist)

I never dried them in the dryer, I put them on damp, and I had to lie down on the bed to zip them up!

Last edited by EatMoreCelery; 05-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.
EatMoreCelery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #10  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

I tried on a pair of Levi's the other day; I've always wanted to wear Levi's cause their jeans just look like good jeans! I grabbed a 16 and they fit -- as in I could get them on and get them buttoned -- but they were SO tight and uncomfortable and just smooshed all of my gut fat to the top. I guess I'll go buy me a pair when I get more stable in my sizes!

That's the kind of attitude you have to have -- put them away and try them on again in a few pounds. It might take another 5-10lbs to make them fit like they're supposed to.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote