Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default April Chat

Hey everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErBear View Post
I've had issues off and on. It seems like they've gotten worse with the little bit of weight I've lost. I think I'm just holding myself to a higher standard and disappointing myself more.
how insightful!! i've wondered *how* I can feel like I'm chubby and ick at a certain weight, then when I'm heavier look at the pics of me before, and think I looked good...is that the same?

Ravengirl..that is scary about the cat scan, are you still going to have it? sure hope the heartburn issue goes away! and best wishes towards the dream house! though very cool of you to adopt the 'whatever happens, happens' attitude.

Hi to hopeforme, greeneyedmustang, Aunty Jam, LeilaJey! and all our other Chat peeps!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-06-2012 at 06:51 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #2  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Vermont -

Er - I've always admired people who can run too... which is why I'm trying to do it... LoL. I'm not a natural runner though and my body sometimes has other ideas.

Raven - Aw... gee shucks, I like it when you're around too. I think you should go ahead with the scan.... just MHO, it would be piece of mind anyway.

Hi Everyone. I don't really have anything new to report... life is getting really busy and if the snow would stay away I'd be out in the yard or running with the poopers.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 04-02-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #3  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Hi Ladies!
Not much to report - my trip is at the end of this week. Apparently I got a little ahead of myself last week. I am looking forward to it though, and I hope the weather is nice. I've been slacking on the calorie counting though so I need to get my butt back in gear. Got my shoes today though - they are cute. Cute workout clothes and shoes help keep me in the gym, LOL. But of course, the weather is changing here, and pretty soon it's going to be too hot to run outside.

Hey Vermont!

Aunty, I'm not a "natural runner" either, but I'm trying to get there. Plus I can't lie - I want to do something where other people look up to me and say "wow she did that?" So I guess me running has a lot to do with selfish pride. C25K helped me a lot when I trained for my first race, though. Now I can run almost 4 miles without stopping. I'm not super fast, but I can outrun a few skinny people. :-)

Hope (continued from March thread) - I actually have minor knee issues (runner's knee, go figure) - but I started taking glucosamine & chondroitin and it has helped tremendously. If I don't take the vitamin though, they start flaring up again.

Raven, almost there! Good luck with the house and congrats on the job!

How long have you been using Vibram 5 fingers? My old college roomie loves them, but I'm a little scared to try them

Hi Erin! Nice to meet you! And if there's anyone who understands holding yourself to an exceptionally high standard, it's me.

Hello to everyone else!

Last edited by grneyedmustang; 04-02-2012 at 09:22 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I have been completely mia. SORRY!!

We got a pastors postion in Washington State and will be moving there the end of the month (from PA) So I am packing, stressing, packing, stressing...you get the idea!! Trying to figure everything out and get some type of order to it because if not I get overloaded and go lay on the couch and zone out (add and depression together)
I have been up and down with weight...grrrr BUT I did find out yesterday after I requested the dr test my b12 and my vit d. I am moderately low in vit d and need 2000 iu a day to get it up. THAT EXOLAINS A LOT!!! (insomnia, depression, fatigue, muscle cramps, muscle weakness, It also says if your vit d isnt normal you will have a hard time losng weight. My thyroid is just borderline underactive. Some days I can barely drag myself out of bed I feel EXHAUSTED constantly. Then feel upset with myself that I didnt get much accomplished. not to mention my dh riding my butt about packing crap...sigh...SO I HOPE AND PRAY I will again feel energetic again some day soon and my work in the gym will pay off!!! My husband told me I should ask for something to help with weight loss. I do not over eat. I may not eat the proper things all the time but I dont stuff myself (yes eating could be better but whos couldnt?) SO Anyways I need to get back to finishing the kids school just thought I would pop in and say hi!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

momof4 - HI!!!!! so good to hear from you!! wow on the move, that is a huge thing to deal with. I sure hope the doctor can help you with the vit b12 and d issue!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #6  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi Mom! I've thought about you so often and wondered how things were going. Besides the actual annoying part about moving are you excited? Is this something you think will be a good thing for you and your family?

I've been similar to you but my weight has only been up. I really wanted to stay in bed and hide today but I had to go to work. I'm tired and exhausted all of the time too but it's mostly b/c i've been eating so much crap. I hope you can check in more often.

And by any chance if you are lurking... Buddly, I would love to know that you are doing ok...
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #7  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well! I readn everything sorry I don't have time for personals I just wanted to drop in and say hi I'm feeling a bit more positive again but I know there's still some things I really need to think about and make decisions about. All in good time I guess.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #8  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

Glad to hear that you ladies understand exactly what I mean!

grneyedmustang-I completely agree on the work out clothes. Especially when I'm at the gym, if I feel like I look good, I definitely stay longer and feel less uncomfortable when it gets busy in there! I think that might be my gift to myself when I reach my first mini-goal.
ErBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #9  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Thumbs up Yay!

Peeps!!!

I got the call on the job this morning!!! Okay, now I am a little scared... I had a job as a Pet Sitter when we lived in Hawaii (some of you may remember) but I haven't really had a "real" job in a long time...this job is small...8/hr plus tips but I think it may lead into something a little bigger eventually too. But, now I am going to college and we are still waiting on the house. We may not find out about that for a couple more weeks. I have just finished my first assignment for the week, I have one more to do before Sunday, I also have to fill out the employment paperwork and study for the food handling test. I drop off the paperwork on Monday. It is going to be an adjustment to work, go to school, and do all the stuff I need to do around here plus try to work out. I know you all do it so I have to believe that I can do it too! I just feel so grateful to have any kind of job right now to put extra money towards bills/or savings right now.

Hey Holly and Aunty, naw, I decided to not go for the cat scan right now, I felt better the same day I went to the Dr. I have stopped taking the Nexium, I still have a little heartburn once in awhile but if I eat smaller meals more often it has been fine. I have actually been too busy to even think about trying to get the scan and now I just really think it isn't necessary, my doc was just being cautious, which I love about her. I may end up having to see a podiatrist for my foot problems though, we will see.

Mom!!! So glad to see you!!! Wow! You have big stuff going too!!! I love Washington!! I know that you will too! I really hope your move goes smooth!!! I have Vitamin D issues too! I have been supplementing with D since December and it has made a HUGE difference!!! With my new job I am going to forced to be out in the sun...(shudder...hehehe)

Erbear & Mustang! Thanks for the support!! Hope you are both doing great!! Whew! What an exciting day today!!!

Love you all!!!

~Raven~
Ravengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #10  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

Raven-The job market is crazy right now! I'm so glad you got something that you're excited about and with advancement opportunities! Yay!
ErBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post

Hi Everyone. I don't really have anything new to report... life is getting really busy and if the snow would stay away I'd be out in the yard or running with the poopers.
the poopers

good morning! Raven, congrats on the job!! You will have a full schedule but I bet you will manage it

I guess this is the weekend GEM will have her trip..have fun with your friend!

Hi to Hope, AuntyJam, ErBear, momof4, LeilaJey, and our friends from months before

I've been telling you all how "great" I've been, and I have, except I've fallen back into a bad habit on my day off, the going back to bed thing. I will stay up til DH leaves and I do a workout, them sometimes I just go back to bed. It doesn't feel like a 'hiding' thing...it's just cozy and I love being in bed I might sleep from another hour to another 3 hours..then I get up and do whatever I had wanted to. I don't feel 'too' guilty about it...and it isnt' that I NEED the sleep, I do get a full 7 to 8 hours a night. But I do associate it with a depression symptom.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #12  
Starting Again

I was off today. DF and I went to the movies and then I did a little shopping. I needed some summer tops to wear to work and some summer shoes or sandles. Let me just say by the end of the day I was pretty depressed and filled with self loathing. I am bigger that I've ever been and look terrible. I'm not being negative or just putting myself down for no reason. I really look bad. I could look so much better. I had to just not think about it or I wouldn't be able to function or leave the house. The only thing I can do is just put one foot in front of the other until I decide to do something about it.

I hope tomorrow is better.

Vermont, I always worry a little when I start napping or staying in bed. Sometimes it means nothing, like it probably does with you right now and sometimes it the start of a downward spiral. It's always a little scary for people with our problems isn't it? You have had such a good winter and since summer is almost here, you should be fine with the warm weather coming. I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited by hope4me; 04-09-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #13  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone!

Mom! - It's good to hear from you Are you taking the foster kids with you when you move?

Vermont & Hope - I worry when I get like that too... I've been so tired this past few weeks even with the sun. I keep sleeping in. How about we all stay positive together? Yay! LoL

Hope - Um... "one food in front of the other..." Freud would be all over that. But I know how you feel... keep your chin up Tomorrow WILL be better.

Raven - You rock.. you'll rock the job

I have shin splints I can't run Bleh! No other work out feels as good to me... they're either to easy or to short. I do another one sometimes but it leaves me with sore upper legs for days. I know I need to find something to do to make my shin muscles stronger but bleh. I also need to keep my eating in check! My little slider thing hasn't moved in a long, long, long time, I'm mad at myself.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #14  
Starting Again

OMG, I did say one 'food' in front of the other. I had to edit it. I guess food IS all I think about. How embarrassing, or funny, I don't know which.

I need some good vibes sent my way. We are having a hard time money wise and I'm trying to solve that by eating all of the food left in the world. It's not helping.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #15  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope4me View Post
OMG, I did say one 'food' in front of the other. I had to edit it. I guess food IS all I think about. How embarrassing, or funny, I don't know which.

I need some good vibes sent my way. We are having a hard time money wise and I'm trying to solve that by eating all of the food left in the world. It's not helping.
awww... good vibes to you right now!!! Hard times with money SUCK. I hope the pinch is over now.

and the Freudian slip was funny

Aunty Jam, how are your shins?? it is really sucky that the one thing you love to do, is made difficult because of the pain. grrrr!! good vibes to you too

This is sad, my 104 year old ex-step-grandma passed on Saturday. She was such an extraordinary lady, we kept in touch with her even after my mom divorced her awful son ( I could never figure out how such a kind lady produced such a ... person as him) Anyway, she was a vegetarian back when it was considered pretty 'kooky' (in the early 1960's) and she loved all animals, and she was still climbing trees when she was in her 60's to rescue her cats, and was a founding member of our state's Central Humane Society...she was just a wonderful, dear, kind lady and she treated us step-grandchildren as well as her true grandchildren. Her name was Grace and she was truly the embodiment of that name.

Oh and she has a daughter who is in her 80's, who she lived with...this lady looks like a very very well-maintained 60!!! (she is a 7th Day Adventist, guess that is working for her!! )

But she did outlive her other children which must be very hard to deal with.

Okay...

I've been doing the sleeping alot thing some more...it would help if the sun was out I think!! I see the deep thick clouds and it's like ... meh. I do have (of course) TONS of clean up clutter projects as always..and I do have these 2 weeks off..why aren't I doing them?

OH here's an example of how frustrating it is for me to try to toss out crap in my house. In the kitchen, there was a plastic white flowerpot, the hanging kind, but not even the plastic hanging part. Ugly bare wire. So I could have hidden it outside in the big garbage can but I just put it in the kitchen garbage. (I have plenty of flowerpots outside and I always get more in spring)

So DH comes home and sees the pot in the garbage...and it's already half covered with onion skins and coffee grounds ...he says, 'throwing this out?' and I said 'yes, I have plenty' - HE TAKES IT OUT, wipes it off, and puts it on the washing machine. I ...FREAKIN .... GIVE ... UP

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-12-2012 at 01:33 PM.