Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default having one of those days...

Im having one of those days where I just feel like Im wasting my time. I actually told my husband today that its so much easier to just be fat. Do you all have days when you just get sick of the counting and weighing and measuring? Ive been doing so well. Ive been motivated and positive and right on track. And today I just feel blah. Like...why bother.
Its my husbands birthday, so we went out to a movie and to the pub for lunch. It wasnt my best eating day, but I was within my plan. I caught a glimpse of myself in a store window, and I just felt like I looked huge. Im at my lowest weight in years, and I cant seem to enjoy it. For some reason I feel fatter than ever.
Hopefully the feeling will go away in a day or two. Until then the pity party continues.
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I think it's the getting out of the 200's blahs. I have had em for about a week. I am so close to that 199 but it feels as if it's miles away. I ate like crap last weekend and haven't felt like going to the gym. Hoping we both get out of this mess.
erh12275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I have days like that sometimes too. But I know that my 2-months-from-now-self will be P-Oed if I give up now. I have a day here and there where I go off plan and then feel sorry for myself about how hard it is to lose weight, how far I have to go, how I don't look good yet, yada yada. But I know I will get there, and everyday I am 1 day closer!

The feeling will go away if you keep on going!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I've totally had days like that, usually after a long plateau period where I'm not gaining but not losing despite all my efforts. Those are very discouraging.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I'm sure your motivation will resurface as you continue to lose weight and the loss becomes more noticeable. In the meantime, perhaps you could experiment with NOT weighing and measuring. If you're honest with yourself, loosely counting is good enough, in my experience.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki k View Post
Im having one of those days where I just feel like Im wasting my time. I actually told my husband today that its so much easier to just be fat. Do you all have days when you just get sick of the counting and weighing and measuring? Ive been doing so well. Ive been motivated and positive and right on track. And today I just feel blah. Like...why bother.
Its my husbands birthday, so we went out to a movie and to the pub for lunch. It wasnt my best eating day, but I was within my plan. I caught a glimpse of myself in a store window, and I just felt like I looked huge. Im at my lowest weight in years, and I cant seem to enjoy it. For some reason I feel fatter than ever.
Hopefully the feeling will go away in a day or two. Until then the pity party continues.
It is good to vent but keep your chin up. It is a lot of hard work to lose weight and stay on top of your nutrition. I have lost 41 pounds in one year and I know it is tough! Many times I open up the kitchen cupboards and stare at the junk food, so I threw the junk food out! Keep plugging away as I am here for your support as well! Tell yourself periodically through the day you will lose weight, you will eat healthy!
nathanas85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #7  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

I felt that way over the weekend. Is it possible that you have been working so hard to reach a goal (ie onederland) that you expected to wake up and look/feel different? I spent so long working toward the 20 pound mark I felt disappointed when I felt exactly the same as -18.

and keep on truckin, you'll get there if you stick to your plan.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I call those kind of days "poor me" days. I hate having them, I have many things in my life that I am very fortunate for, but I think it's just human nature to have "off" days.

You are most certainly not wasting your time. You may not fully realize the difference a 26lb loss makes, sometimes we are our worst critics, but your body definitely notices. Your muscles, joints, organs notice, and I'm sure they think 26lb is a huge difference. I hope tomorrow is better. Usually these kind of off days are only temporary.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

I feel the fattest I think I have ever felt, and I have lost thirteen pounds this time, on my way to my goal of 40. I don't know what it is, but it's like the pity party sets in because you realize how far you still have to go. And it comes off soooooo slooooooow. Excruciatingly slow. And I look at myself at home, and I think "Hey- not too bad." And then I see myself in the gym. And it all goes downhill. I look the fattest ever in that damned gym mirror. And it seems like I'm stuck on the most horrible elevator of fatness. It makes me mad that I let myself get this big-again. Especially since I still have 9 more pounds to get down to the weight I was last year when I was doing really great at this. I was starting to like how I looked again, and I let myself slip. So even though I know I hate how I look right now, I know it will be soooo much worse if I quit. And you will feel the same way. So we just have to keep going to get past it, or be stuck on the fat elevator forever, endlessly going up and down. Feel better soon.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #10  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

I think it is totally normal, and it IS easier to just be fat - that is why so many people are! I am here right now, and I can say without a doubt it is easier to not count calories than it is to count calories and it is easier to order whatever sounds tastiest on the menu instead of what sounds healthiest on the menu. It's hard to pre-plan, pack lunches and snacks, and say no to temptation when it is literally around every corner. But, you are tough and you can do it!! You've lost 26 pounds so far, and that is awesome!! You rock! Tomorrow will be a better day.

Last edited by Coffee Luver; 05-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

But is it easier, really? Feeling tired or winded all the time? Looking for clothes? disliking how we look?

I think what happens is this - when we get on the right track and start to do something about our unhealthy weight, we put all our past rationalizing in perspective and see the reality of our weight. We used to think, "I don't look so bad." Or, "I can still do - - whatever - - so I'm in pretty good shape." and on and on with dozens or reasons that fool us into thinking we're aren't fat, aren't in poor physical condition, etc. When we realize that we are overweight, are out of shape, need to lose a lot (or even a little) weight to get healthy, the REALITY sets in. Now we have a more accurate assessment of ourselves and understand there is a lot of work ahead of us.

But, as someone else said, if we stop or give up, a few weeks from now we'll be angry that we wasted that time. Someone asked me the other day how long it took me to lose the weight I lost. When I told them it took 8 1/2 months, I realized it was less time than it takes to have a baby! While I was losing, the time seemed long. Now, looking back, it was a pretty short part of my life.

Hang in there. You're doing so well. You'll get to your goal soon. Just don't give up!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #12  
Incredible Shrinkin Woman

S/C/G: 270/234/155

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erh12275 View Post
I think it's the getting out of the 200's blahs. I have had em for about a week. I am so close to that 199 but it feels as if it's miles away. I ate like crap last weekend and haven't felt like going to the gym. Hoping we both get out of this mess.
I can relate to this!! I Did great when I started, I got below 270, was out of the 260's and 250's in a flash! Then I hit the mid 240's and it doesnt want to get to 239. I beg my scale! Please let it be 239 soon... I have my own pity party here!
UnderTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

I get it too! I"m the heaviest i've been in years and only down 9 but feel like just losing 9 has been a huge struggle and say what's the point?! BUT then i think of how i felt when i gained all this weight back and how great thin tastes! I had a not so great week, have to weigh in Saturday which i'm dreading but it's one day, or week in my case. Get back on track and this too shall pass hugs!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #14  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki k View Post
Im having one of those days where I just feel like Im wasting my time. I actually told my husband today that its so much easier to just be fat.

I caught a glimpse of myself in a store window, and I just felt like I looked huge. Im at my lowest weight in years, and I cant seem to enjoy it. For some reason I feel fatter than ever.
There - what you saw & what you said - clearly you will not have it easier being heavier bc/ you will not enjoy it. Everyone has crap days or days when we want to give up - dieting/exercising, eating right is NOT easy, but being overweight - that ain't easy either! Yea, it's easier to eat what you want, but walking, running, stairs, all that is harder [at least for me at a higher weight]. You just have to choose your hard.

Just remember why you are doing what you are doing & visualize a certain goal or sign up something that you can work towards so you can re-start your motivation!
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #15  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
I'm sure your motivation will resurface as you continue to lose weight and the loss becomes more noticeable. In the meantime, perhaps you could experiment with NOT weighing and measuring. If you're honest with yourself, loosely counting is good enough, in my experience.
Seconded. You don't need to micromanage your diet to the extent where you desperately want to rebel against it!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote