Default MRC May Thread

Let's try this again!

Welcome May!
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Low sodium diet soda

Try Hansons. It's allowed. And they have a root beer! Sold in the natural foods sections or the soda aisle. I love the ginger ale.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #3  

Welcome May..

I had maintenance weigh in and lost the 1 1/2 pounds I gained from eating bagel and creme cheese, so now I am 5 1/2 pounds under goal. I have added to this on the maintenance forum

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 05-01-2012 at 11:26 AM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Yay for May!

WI on Saturday... lost another 1.5 pounds for a total of 74.5! Whoot! Whoot!

Then, promptly fell off the wagon with a dinner with my husband and kids... not entirely off-plan, but not great either. Not beating myself up about it though, added some extra cardio to help stave off some of the damage and we're moving on. On-plan, on-point, on-target...

On the diet soda, I agree about the sodium. For me, it is also a trigger food which makes me want to eat more (as is chocolate, dairy, and sugarfree gum).

I'm looking forward to hitting my goal this month! Yippee! I'm not sure how much time I have left in the program before stabilization, but I don't think I'm going to buy extra weeks or anything. I'm happy with my looks - except for the jiggly bits that I'm working on - and I'm in a size 9/10, which is what I set out to do in August...

How many of you stabilized with a few pounds left to goal? Don't they say that you'll lose some more on maintenance? If so, how much did you lose?

Thanks, guys! Happy losing!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #5  

rachels77

Congrats on the total weight loss. That is a great accomplishment.

I did not lose during maintenance or stabilization.. Before I started stabilization I insisted to the center I wanted to be 5 under goal for a security blanket, and I am so glad I did.. However, teacher lady is one that lost during maintenance. Go to the maintenance forum and she talks about it. As a matter of fact she has lost 100 pounds. Isn't that something?

Keep up the good work.

Patzi
Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #6  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Just another soda comment - I find that either the aspartame or caffeine makes me crazy hungry. But also, for some people, caffeine can contribute to insulin resistance. Track your food/exercise and then try a few days with or without the soda and see if it makes a difference. I have heard about the Hansons - no caffeine, no aspartame. I can't wait to try it!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/187.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! I just started the yellow menu today and I'm really stoked about the journey I'm starting on! Any tips for a beginner to help get me in the right mindset?
OSUBeavergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
rachels77

Congrats on the total weight loss. That is a great accomplishment.

I did not lose during maintenance or stabilization.. Before I started stabilization I insisted to the center I wanted to be 5 under goal for a security blanket, and I am so glad I did.. However, teacher lady is one that lost during maintenance. Go to the maintenance forum and she talks about it. As a matter of fact she has lost 100 pounds. Isn't that something?

Keep up the good work.

Patzi
Agree! I had a counselor try to stArt me on stabilization at 6 pounds from goal and I just got confused. I wasn't expecting it. Also, the next time I went in a different counselor said my bodyfat was still way to high and didn't recommend I stabilize yet anyway. Boy was I confused and I ended up kind of going off the deep end and gaining 5 pounds. But once I got a grip and refocused it has been good. I no longer have a weight goal, but a bodyfat goal of 32% max. We will see where that putsme,weight-wise. Bottom line: I suggest you get where you want to be, THEN stabilize.

Last edited by camaswa; 05-01-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Default my confession

I WI Saturday with a loss of 3 lbs. I was/am so proud of myself!!

Then last night, my DH went out for a while with his brother. I saw this as my chance...I totally finished off a bag of Golden Flake potato chips that my college age kids left behind this weekend. It wasn't just a few chips either, it was about 1/4 of a bag. I don't know why I didn't throw them away Sunday night when they left. Part of me thinks I was sub-consciously planning to eat them. This is my confession. I have told noone else. I do plan to confess at the WI tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it!!

My stomach hurt for the rest of the night, and today I feel horrible.
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #10  

Do tell your counselor. A good one will help you think about what made you do that and what you could do differently next time. For some of us, there will always be stuff like this- part of the program is learning how to overcome it. I marvel at the people who never eat off plan even once, those who are not emotional or unconscious esters. I'm not like them and know I will always have to work on this. I hope you have a good counselor who can help you. Also, go to the Connections classes if you can. They talk about stuff like this. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Sots Mom - I know what you mean. It's good that you are confessing - I think everyone has done it.... overeaten for whatever reason. I did this a few times but I always remember how craptastic I felt the hours/days after the off-plan. It seems to help me maintain some control when I mess up again.

Remember, you are human. Those are human emotions - you can talk to your counselor about what triggers your eating and what you can do. Everyone makes mistakes and it is common - learning from them is what makes the difference... just a thought.
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I went to WI after week one of stabilization. I was the same which suprised me that the addition didn't cause any gain. I guess that's the whole point of adding things back slowly. On to week two.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #13  

Camaswa.. Such a great statement(get to where YOU want to be then stabilize.. That is so true. I bucked the center and insisted I was not ready and when I was would let them know. I am comfortable with the decision I made.

Patzi
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

So far it looks like a good week for everyone. Lost 1 lb. and visited with counselor about refocusing - I was in "coast" mindset with 10 lbs. to go and started adding more of the carb to my diet. That is my "trigger" - salty, crunchy as well as good bread.

Galadreal - hope you are recovering.

Wish all a good rest of the week
lovetofishandrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206.5/189.5/140

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

I don't know what it is about Tuesdays but my last 2 Tuesday weigh-ins I've only managed to lose 1/2 lb. That's with sticking with the plan 100% too! UUGGGHHHH. FRUSTRATED. Any suggestions on making it go faster?

Also, anybody taking idodine (kelp) supplement or b-complex vitamins and noticed a difference on the scale? my counselor did an iodine skin test on me today and it was pretty much gone after about 6 hours. so i'm pretty sure i'm deficient in it. i know it helps with thyroid function and metabolism. if anybody could share their experiences with iodine or b-complex supplements that would be great!
kmcnair12 is offline   Reply With Quote