Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Arrow Lack of/Very Little Weight Loss

In the last THREE weeks I've lost 2 pounds (1 plus 1 plus 0 this week). I am doing the diet exactly. This last week I added more roughage (lettuce and spinach), ate 3 instead of 5 restricted during the week, and added 1 ounce (from 5 to 6) to my evening meat, chicken, or fish, all ideas suggested by my coach. Now I am starting to think that this may be more than a plateau, elimination, or body adjusting issue. I never had this issue on a former diet of 1,000 calories of mostly protein and fewer carbs. I've been on blood pressure meds for 1 month now but my body adjusted to it weeks ago. Any suggestions before I tear my hair out?
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/142/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Same problem here!

I am going through the same thing right now. My coach recommended having my thyroid checked. I have had the blood tests and am awaiting the results. Maybe this is something you should have checked.

My loss has been very slow also. I can sympathize with you! It's very disconcerting to follow the program exactly and not see the losses you are expecting.
hula girl at heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #3  

Thank you Hula girl, I really appreciate your comments. I had my thyroid checked shortly before starting the diet and it's okay. I have been measuring and weighing and tackled other issues since on this diet. It is disconcerting to me because once I decide to diet I have been very successful taking off over 100 pounds. I went on IP because it will help me with maintenance once it's that time. I have reduced total exercise and not doing as strenuous to stick with program protocol. But at an average of 800 calories daily, the law of science points to weight loss and my pointer seems to have gotten lost!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #4  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
Thank you Hula girl, I really appreciate your comments. I had my thyroid checked shortly before starting the diet and it's okay. I have been measuring and weighing and tackled other issues since on this diet. It is disconcerting to me because once I decide to diet I have been very successful taking off over 100 pounds. I went on IP because it will help me with maintenance once it's that time. I have reduced total exercise and not doing as strenuous to stick with program protocol. But at an average of 800 calories daily, the law of science points to weight loss and my pointer seems to have gotten lost!
You may want to try NO exercise for a week or 2. Some people have issues with working out and being on IP. The body can only do so much at one time and some can only handle the program. After you work out are you consuming a protein drink? How many packs a day are you having?
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

If you have been dieting and restricting calories for a long time, you are likely fighting with a slow metabolism. It does slow down after a while. I am dealing with the same issue....I lost weight quickly my first time on IP. Then I went off and on for about a year. Now I am 100% OP and losing VERY slowly. It stinks! You may want to up your cals a bit by eating 8 oz of protein and light exercise to try and stimulate that low metabolism. I have started this and am losing a bit better. Good luck!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I found upping the protein at night, and having some fattier meat like ground beef and steak helped get me going again with losses. I think the body needs dietary fat to be willing to let go of body fat.
Keep at it. Eventually it will work. This is why calories in = calories out just doesn't apply to everyone!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #7  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
You may want to try NO exercise for a week or 2. Some people have issues with working out and being on IP. The body can only do so much at one time and some can only handle the program. After you work out are you consuming a protein drink? How many packs a day are you having?
It helps when you don't feel like you are the only one who is, or has had, these issues. I will continue IP and short walks only during the next two weeks. I always have my highest carbs after being at the gym (just arm presses then to the pool for1/3 and less intensity of pool exercises plus 2 laps of free-style - about 25 minutes total). I am having 3 packs a day.

Last edited by qsuzi1; 05-01-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #8  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I found upping the protein at night, and having some fattier meat like ground beef and steak helped get me going again with losses. I think the body needs dietary fat to be willing to let go of body fat.
Keep at it. Eventually it will work. This is why calories in = calories out just doesn't apply to everyone!
Thanks Momto2cs, you are always so good about helping. I will up my ounces to 7 and include lean ground beef and steak more often. That's what I say, it will eventually work. I have been dieting non-IP since 11/20/11 so maybe it is partly a metabolism issue.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211.0/189.8/136

Height: 5'6"

Perhaps you could speak to your coach about adding 1 additional IP product (specifically, a bar) on the days you go to the gym or workout; you could have 1/2 of the bar before and 1/2 after your workout.

You could also ask your coach about IP's Novi-Lax product.

I was experiencing a major weight loss stall recently. TMI warning: I am normally as "regular" as clockwork with my BM's, but was feeling a bit "blocked up" and also felt as if there was some sort of sludge build-up in my system. This went on for almost 3 weeks. Very frustrating, b/c I am totally OP and this was even though I was eating all my veggies (PLUS lettuce/field greens) and drinking >100 oz of water a day.

Within 24 hours of starting the Novi-Lax, the slight constipation issue and sludge problem resolved itself completely and I felt a LOT better, plus I saw it reflected on the scale (down about 2.5 lbs) within 36 hours.

Important: before you decide to try it, be sure to read the Novi-Lax label regarding cautions to make sure it's something you CAN take.

Good luck, qsuzi1! I hope your stall ends soon and you have a fantastic whoosh!
urbannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

If you're only eating 6 ounces of protein (measured raw) than that's not enough. The most recent sheet put out by IP last May says 8 ounces across the board (chicken, beef, or fish). In all likelihood your body is in starvation mode. Also, I wouldn't cut back on your restricteds. I have always found that I have higher numbers and feel more likely to stick with it when I have a restricted every day. Hope this helps!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

qsuzi1I have lost very little in the way of lbs in the first two weeks on IP but I am in my 60's and have been dieting since the first of November 2011 so I think that has slowed me down. I have lost inches; I let go of all the 2X, 1X and XL clothes and now wearing large tops and 14 pants so that is where I'm feeling my good!
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I find that a bar about an hour before my work out, with dinner as soon as possible after works well. I go to bed pretty early, so I don't have a chance to get hungry again at night!
Adding the bar has really helped me reduce hunger. I used to always have a pudding.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #13  

I had the same problem. I finally did a body fat % check in feb then again in march after not losing all month. My body fat went down a full %. It also helped to look at my beginning and end inches lost...

But I ended up going off because I needed a break and I am happy with the results. What is frustrating is now I am in p4 and I have put on 4 lbs in a wk. Which is why I wanted to lose 5 more lbs so I would end up in the right spot.

My body wouldn't have it. I tried boot camp, but that made me go into starvation mode. When I added more protein I didn't lose but I did lean out and lose a % of body fat.

My mother has stalled as well, but we've both had great results overall. I am scared to put the weight back on, so I am not really enjoying phase 4. Its frustrating to be so restricted and not lose.
magpieoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #14  

This is in response to the most recent comments from Urbannie, NavyMommy, Darralyn, Momto2cs, and Magpie. Your information and comments are so helpful and are the impetus for me calling the clinic with an update. THANK YOU - I am resolved to be successful "hook or crook" lol. The clinic wants to test my urine (ketosis), ask more information, and talk about my experience. They also suggested taking IP enzymes, eating 7 or 8 ounces at dinner. I am actually looking forward to tomorrow. To all - You guys ROCK!

Last edited by qsuzi1; 05-01-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsuzi1 View Post
In the last THREE weeks I've lost 2 pounds (1 plus 1 plus 0 this week). I am doing the diet exactly. This last week I added more roughage (lettuce and spinach), ate 3 instead of 5 restricted during the week, and added 1 ounce (from 5 to 6) to my evening meat, chicken, or fish, all ideas suggested by my coach. Now I am starting to think that this may be more than a plateau, elimination, or body adjusting issue. I never had this issue on a former diet of 1,000 calories of mostly protein and fewer carbs. I've been on blood pressure meds for 1 month now but my body adjusted to it weeks ago. Any suggestions before I tear my hair out?
try posting everything you eat and/or drink for a day, including when you eat it - some of the senior members may see something that is being over eaten or under eaten?
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote