Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Default Becoming a Coach?

Hi everyone! I've only been on IP for a month, however, have lost 22 lbs, 5% body fat, and 33 inches.

I feel like a new person, though I still have a ways to go until I reach my goal. My coach put my goal as 120 lbs, which is impossible. I would look ridiculous. I have fake "girls" and a big head, the two combined with that small of a body?! OMG I wouldn't be able to stand up straight! Not to mention I'm 5'7, with anything but a "small" frame!

Anyway, I've looked and looked all over the internet and cannot find information about becoming a coach. I work full time, but since my job feels as though it isn't going anywhere, I need something else in my life. Becoming a coach would be perfect! My friends are all very motivated by my weight loss and most of them are looking to join IP because of me. I've been told my positive outlook on the diet as a whole is extremely encouraging.

Does anyone have any feedback/suggestions? I mentioned it to my coach, she was more like "meh" than anything else. It really surprised me.

Thaks!
Soootiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soootiff View Post
Hi everyone! I've only been on IP for a month, however, have lost 22 lbs, 5% body fat, and 33 inches.

I feel like a new person, though I still have a ways to go until I reach my goal. My coach put my goal as 120 lbs, which is impossible. I would look ridiculous. I have fake "girls" and a big head, the two combined with that small of a body?! OMG I wouldn't be able to stand up straight! Not to mention I'm 5'7, with anything but a "small" frame!

Anyway, I've looked and looked all over the internet and cannot find information about becoming a coach. I work full time, but since my job feels as though it isn't going anywhere, I need something else in my life. Becoming a coach would be perfect! My friends are all very motivated by my weight loss and most of them are looking to join IP because of me. I've been told my positive outlook on the diet as a whole is extremely encouraging.

Does anyone have any feedback/suggestions? I mentioned it to my coach, she was more like "meh" than anything else. It really surprised me.

Thaks!
Go to idealprotein.com.....email them and ask questions. That is what I did, they are very helpful. All of the US clinics have to be backed by a Dr of some sort is what is my understanding. I want and WILL become a coach one day when I can find a dr to back me.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #3  

Thanks!!!! I sent my local rep (from what I found on the site) an email to see if they knew of anyone.
Is your clinic not looking for coaches? Ironically, I know of a chiropractic clinic in my area that is very interested in the program, he had never heard about it. My friend is going to talk to him about getting me on the ground floor of him adding it to his clinic. I guess we'll see if that pans out. Hopefully the local rep may have some leads as well.

Thanks again for the info!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #4  

No, my clinic is NOT hiring. Its a very small clinic but could be SOOOOOO much bigger if she would let me come on board. Its a word of mouth clinic she doesn't really do much advertising and it drives me bonkers! She said eventually she wants to make it bigger, this is not her "real" job so its by appointments only
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #5  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

You both sound like you would be great coaches!

I was thinking about this too. I've only been at it a month, so I've got a while to go. I feel like I can offer a lot to someone going through this. Of course, I dont need to add to my 11 hour day during the swimming pool season, but I could fill in at night at my clinic.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
No, my clinic is NOT hiring. Its a very small clinic but could be SOOOOOO much bigger if she would let me come on board. Its a word of mouth clinic she doesn't really do much advertising and it drives me bonkers! She said eventually she wants to make it bigger, this is not her "real" job so its by appointments only
My clinic is by appointment but they seem to do any time/day that the coaches are available. To include Sunday. I work full time, but would love to do this on the side (I only work until 3:30, Mon-Fri). I couldn't believe my coach wasn't more supportive when I brought up the subject. Hopefully this other clinic will pan out.

Just move to WA and we'll open a wellness clinic LOL. Totally kidding.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
You both sound like you would be great coaches!

I was thinking about this too. I've only been at it a month, so I've got a while to go. I feel like I can offer a lot to someone going through this. Of course, I dont need to add to my 11 hour day during the swimming pool season, but I could fill in at night at my clinic.
Thank you! I read the stories on these boards and cannot believe the coaches people have. Including my own coach! She has NO personality at all! The most I've gotten was a high 5 last week after a 6.5 lb loss on week 4.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #8  

It drives me crazy when I see people with poor coaches. I guess I am so passionate about this program and so into it that is why I post so much on here. You can never have enough support on a journey like this. Posting on here is my way of "coaching" and it seems to be helping
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Wuv, your talents are too good to waste! You need to head out to some chiropractic clinics, etc., make an appointment, have a presentation and market yourself and the program! Win-win for everybody!

Last edited by MaMaZu; 05-01-2012 at 12:30 PM.
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #10  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Wuv, your talents are too good to waste! You need to head out to some chiropractic clinics, etc., make an appointment, have a presentation and market yourself and the program! Win-win for everybody!
AGREED!!!!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #11  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Great idea!
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

My coach asked me a few weeks back to become the new coach. She has her hands full with the chiropractic side of things. They are planning on expanding the office later in the year and will have more room for it then. She wanted me to be finished with IP before she hired me, but feels my struggles give me a unique perspective that can help the clients.

I think if you can, as MaMaZu suggested, market yourself and the program to the chiropractic clinic, you might have a great shot at becoming a coach from the ground floor. If you can sell yourself to them, they will know you can sell the program as well. (before and after pictures are good, too)
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote