Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Red face Zumba success stories

Are there any zumba success stories out there? i keep catching the infomercials in the early morning; i want to believe them, but its hard.
Does it work as advertised in real life?
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/194/125

Height: 5 ft 2

i loooove zumba!!! so much fun and a good giggle BUT this is from going to the zumba class. ive also got the dvd set but i find that alittle boring. it does work because my cousin is a zumba instrutor an she has lost tones of weight since doing it go out there an have fun! xx

Last edited by bbg200; 07-02-2011 at 01:38 PM.
bbg200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello, Zumba instructor here. Yes, Zumba CAN help you lose weight. I have students that have lost 30 lbs or more since doing Zumba. Please remember that diet is also part of the equation, just like it is with any other fitness program. My opinion is that a live class is way better than the DVDs and not every instructor teaches the same. You either really love Zumba or you don't, many have told me that it isn't for them. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

I love Zumba! I've only attended 3 classes, but I am totallly addicted....to something HEALTHY 4 a change! Also, my instructor told me you can burn up to 1,000 calories per 45 minute class!!! It is a fun way to de-stress, let loose, have fun, and get fit! Give it a whirl!!!

sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #5  

do you ever worry about not moving your hips right? I feel awfully robotic when im doing it
Old 07-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
do you ever worry about not moving your hips right? I feel awfully robotic when im doing it
That's part of the fun! I used to do dance classes and stuff for fun and believe me...once you look around and see what other people look like you won't feel bad at all. It might be hard to keep up the first week or two but you'll get it, and eventually you'll be able to refine your technique. You'll find yourself swinging your hips in the bathroom mirror practicing, haha! Normal people go to Zumba classes, not everyone there is a professional dancer ;]
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: CW 154lbs GW1 140lbs GW2 126lb

Height: 5ft7

I've had a look at some zumba videos on youtube and it looks really energetic I might try it myself! There's classes in my area which I just have to get the courage and join. I feel ridiculous doing it at home just watching the youtube videos.
KeepGoingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 AM   #8  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Ive got the dvd sets (easier to fit in my day than the class) and i did the cardio party (50 mins) the last 2 days and today my body is soooo tired! I genuinly believe that its a great form of calorie burning!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #9  

Still noticing that no one who has replied, has had the makeover they claim?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 AM   #10  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

I am positive that if you follow their 'body transformation' guide that they supply with the DVD's you would definately see the results!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #11  
The Last Fat Girl

S/C/G: 310.8/290.8/200

Height: 6"0' - No high heels required

Thumbs up Zumba is the BEST!!!

Love me some Zumba. I own the dvd sets (got them from QVC, better deal than at the zumba.com) and I attend curves with zumba in the circuit. Love getting in my zumba with my strength training all at the same time. I even attended a Zumbathon in VA Beach at the beach front!! You have to try it, do not worry about doing all the moves right. It is about the energy and fun of it. If this carrot can zumba, you can ZUMBA!!

Zumba - Zumba, LFG
bp2loselbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/157/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinksie View Post
Still noticing that no one who has replied, has had the makeover they claim?
I've been doing Zumba since January 2011 and have lost 30lbs! I went from 188 in January to 157.6 as of today. Granted, I have not tried the DVDs yet and have been going to classes 3 times a week but I definitely am going to get the new Exhilirate set this weekend so I can do Zumba at home when I can't make it to the classes. I really want the DVDs so I can do Zumba toning to consistently incorporate some strength training into my routine.

The first 15-20 lbs came off pretty fast, within 3 months, losing 7-8 lbs a month. But then I hit a major plateau from April-May. In June, I decided to take a 2 week hiatus (which stretched to 4 weeks lol) from watching what I eat and from exercising to get the scale moving again. I started up again at the beginning of July and am happy to report that I've lost 4 lbs so far!! I'm praying to lose another 2-4lbs and to keep this going till the end of the year to get to my goal of 130.

Now, as far as Zumba living up to all the hype, that's up to the individual. Any and every fitness program will work if you stick with it AND watch what you eat, and eat within your calorie limit. In addition to Zumba I also (try to) do Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD twice a week. Although I love Jillian Michaels and have seen results from doing her workout DVD as well, I find it very hard to motivate myself to do her DVD because it feels like a total workout. Zumba really and honestly doesn't feel like a workout. Yes you work, you sweat and get sore but it's FUN! I never understood the concept that you have to choose something that you really enjoy in order to stick with it until my very first Zumba class earlier this year. I've been hooked ever since! The music is stuff I hear on my local radio station with lots of variety (salsa, reggaton, bachata, cumbia, hip hop belly dancing, bollywood, etc). Of course, every instructor is different so you have to go to someone that fits your style and your level. And doing the DVDs at home is going to be a different experience from going to a class. They both have advantages so you just have to see what works for you.

My advice to you? Go for it!! Go to a class and try the DVDs! If you're not ready to commit to buying the DVDs you can find Zumba routine's on youtube to try out. And most studios offer a free class if it's your first time. You have nothing to lose. If it's not for you, no big! At least you know you tried it. Hope this helps! I will for sure report back once I hit my weight loss goal with Zumba because I am confident that I will!

Last edited by ZumbaChica23; 07-16-2011 at 02:16 PM.
ZumbaChica23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/157/130

Height: 5'2

OH! And I burn on average 800-900 calories a class!! Keep in mind, I have been doing this since January so those who come for their first class or those who have been doing it for only a month or two burn ALOT more calories than I do. One lady clocked in at 1515 a few weeks ago!!!! How insane is that?!?!?! If that doesn't motivate anyone to try it out I don't know what will! lol
ZumbaChica23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #14  

Zumba is AMAZING!!! I do not have a full life success story but, for the past four weeks that I have been doing Zumba, I have lost 15 pounds.. Not at all where I want or need to be to be completely healthy but it is 15 pounds of body fat GONE!! I've also noticed my core has tightened and my legs are stronger. I ride horses for a living so something that makes my legs stronger and my core tighter is OK in my book!!
crazyakcowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I've been doing Zumba classes for a week now. I love them! They are so much fun and a great stress reliever. I've been watching what I eat but not counting my calories and I am still losing! Got me back into Onderland! I have another class tomorrow.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote