Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/224/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Sour Cream and Guacamole during induction?

Hi, I was wondering if and how much sour cream and guacamole is allowed during induction? I love taco salads(without the shell), and I love adding sour cream, salsa, guacamole and cheese. I usually only have about a table spoon of guac and sour cream per salad, but just wondering if it would take me out of ketosis.

Thanks
annsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Too Much/Too Much/130

Height: 5'5

if you eat guacamole you're going to have a really hard time losing weight.

8 oz has over 55 carbs. So a table spoon would be about 15 carbs.

You add in taco beef seasonings, cheese, sour cream, salsa (the good fresh homemade kind) and a tablespoon or two of guacamole, you'll be consuming about 25 grams of carbs for each shell less taco.

If you take the guacamole out and these cheese out and keep everything else in (with sour cream used very sparingly) then it'll be about 5 grams of carbs for each shell less taco

I would recommend buying a carb counter food book. They're not that much money (6 bucks) and it'll really help!

And remember, cheese is not a free food! It'll stall you if not careful

Last edited by Annah; 04-30-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Annah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Here's a recipe for low carb guacamole you may find useful

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/guacamole.html
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/216/150

Height: 5'8"

What kind of guacamole are you eating??? Most of the guacamole I've made or entered into MFP has less than 2 or 3 net carbs for a generous serving. If you're making your own taco salads, I'd suggest trying to make your own guac, with mashed avocadoes, a little lemon juice, seasoning, and a little hot sauce instead of tomatoes. I don't think 1 Tbsp of most guac will ruin your diet. I ate taco salads from restaurants (so didn't control what they put in them) with guac and sour cream at least twice during my first week (and more than 1 Tbsp of each, for sure) and I lost 8 lbs. Everyone's different, though.

Also, avocadoes are really good for you because they have potassium, which is hard to get on a low-carb diet.
MarjorieMargarine is offline   Reply With Quote