Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 AM   #1  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

Question Plans Demolished, but Succeeded Calories?

Hey everyone!

If anyone read any of my previous posts, this will make more sense to you. (:
Last night, before I went to sleep, I was thinking that when I woke up it was going to be a new day, I was really going to start doing something about this, the proper way.

I started my journey exactly one week ago today and I had been eating way to few calories until today. So much so that I felt light headed and had no energy what so ever.

My plans before I went to sleep was to:

-Wake up.
-Go to my garage (work out room), jump on the treadmill and walk for at least 30 minutes.
-Come in, eat a healthy breakfast.
-Have a shower.
-Clean up the house.
-Prepare a healthy lunch for when my bf got off of work.
-Take the dogs for a walk.
What did I accomplish?
-Woke up to my toddler nephew crying while my brother stopped for a 'visit' with my parents.
-Ate a healthy breakfast.
-Entertained(babysat) my nephew while my brother and parents went out to prepare our shed to be moved from our front yard to our back yard. (long story)
-Made lunch for my boyfriend and I while my brother went to pick up my nephews mom.
-Helped lift the F-ing shingled roof off of a six foot tall shed and carry it about 200 feet. TIMES TWO. (OMG)
-Helped lift the gosh darned base of said shed to the same spot as the roof.
-Helped rebuild shed, aka lifting said roof six feet up and hold it there while it was being screwed in. TIMES TWO.
-Entertained my nephew some more.
-Had a snack.
-Helped my mom make dinner.

I'm sad that I didn't get to go with my plans, I was so excited and then life happened, lol. ugh.

For those wondering how I did on my calorie intake today, (yes I decided to use myfitnesspal app, and found a SUPER easy way to find foods instead of searching forever, or entering in all the nutrition value yourself. YOU JUST SCAN THE BARCODE. SO awesome lol.

Today's Calorie Intake:
Breakfast:

-Tropicana Pure Premium 100% Pure & Natural Orange Juice - No Pulp--Individual , 12 oz Calories: 165
-Dempster's Body Wise Bagels 100% Whole Grain, 1 bagel Calories: 140
- Becal Light 50% Less Calories - Spread, 2 tsp Calories: 35
- Kraft - Peanut Butter Smooth, 2 Tbsp. (15g) Calories: 180
- Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 cup, quartered Calories: 65
Total Calories: 585

Lunch
Dempsters - Golden Grains Rye Bread, 2 slices Calories: 130
Maple Lodge - Chicken Bacon, 4 slices Calories: 120
Kraft - Miracle Whip Dressing, 1 Tbsp Calories: 40
Lettuce - Iceberg raw, 1 leaf outer Calories: 5
Nestea - Lemon Flavored Iced Tea, 300 ml Calories: 87
Total Calories: 382

Dinner
Homemade - Beef Top Round Roast, 4.5 oz. Calories: 276
Generic - Carrots, Steamed, Fresh, 1/2 cup Calories: 35
Green Giant - Green Giant Corn, 1/2 cup Calories: 60
Potatoes Mashed homeprepared, 2% milk, margarine added 1.5 cup Cals: 356
Total Calories: 727

Snacks
Celery - Raw, 1 cup chopped Calories: 14
Kraft - Peanut Butter Smooth, 0.5 Tbsp. (15g) Calories: 45
Baby Carrots, 3 oz (85g) Calories: 35
Kraft Salad Dressing - Ranch Dressing/Dip, 1 tbsp Calories: 55
Iced Tea With Natural Lemon Flavor - Iced Tea, 6 fl. oz. Calories: 60
Total Calories: 209

Total Calories for day: 1,903

Did I do well?
Yay or nay??
ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/151/125

Height: 5'0

That sounds SO much better then what you were originally eating. It looks like you got veggies, fruits, meats, and grains in! I bet you felt a whole lot better with this menu then previous ones! Way to go girl as long as your getting more than 1200 and I believe less than 2200 (trying to remember the calorie guidelines brought up in the other thread) then you did a great job!

I know calories and weight watchers are similar in the event that the lower weight you are, your calories/points go down, so enjoy them girl! You want to make better choices but not deprive yourself, because that does you no good.

Way to go! I'm glad you asked questions and were motivated to keep doing this. It's not easy, but once you get into the swing of things it can only go up (well the scale goes down!) from here
tinkerbell4726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 AM   #3  
Time For Change

Thank you so much for the encouragement tinkerbell! it means a lot. <3
Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

You realize all of that lifting is exercise, right? So even though your plans got a little borked, you still got activity in!

You sound like you're on the right track. Stuff happens, but you still had a good day and you seem to realize that lift sometimes gets in the way but you can make the best of a bad situation.

Also awesome job finding an app that works for you. My Dad uses a similar one and I constantly hear the barcode scanner around the house hahaha
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I think your menu for the day sounds a lot more balance especially because it sounds like you had a very active day. The more important question would be, after eating what you did, combined with an active day, how do you feel? Is the headache and lighthead feeling gone or at least better? Did your energy level seem better?
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #6  
Time For Change

Thanks everyone!
Yeah, i realize the weight lifting is exercise, lol.
I felt really good, I didn't feel hungry at all, like I did before. The headache and lightheadedness is gone, thank god.
My energy level definitely seemed a lot better, a bit tired today but that is expected. Oh, and I have this nasty sore throat and the sneezes - not good.
But other then that I felt/feel good. I still can't help but think that all that food is too much, even though I know it's not. I just have to get used to it.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #7  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Big improvement on the food! Now granted, my app also scans barcodes and I hardly ever use it, because I make things (including most condiments) from scratch and eat a lot of non-packaged food like eggs, onions, etc. I'd definitely recommend moving the same direction in your journey, as it is more filling and there are less funky additives and sugar to worry about. But truthfully? I started out with a similar menu as you and tweaked over the last few years - while I am sure you will tweak and refine that is a solid start, with a good calorie amount.

You did a lot of busy work and exercise that day, too, so I bet your calorie deficit was quite good. Bravo, sweetie! If you end up hungry, do realize another high energy snack, like a hardboiled egg with a little mayo, is absolutely fine to work in there. If you weren't hungry or feeling draggy then keep things as is.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #8  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Looks like you found your way on the amount of calories and weren't afraid to use them! Like another poster said, enjoy them while you can. As your weight goes down so will the amount of calories so have at it with the healthy foods! hihi

Life gets int he way, it's good you see that. If you feel like you failed because you did not stick to your plan, maybe for the next day make a different plan, a less specific plan. One that says "wake up at some point, eat good foods within set calorie range and move 30 minutes before I go back to bed." I think you get the same result but maybe less stress
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #9  
Time For Change

Aw. Thanks Ladies! I definitely wasn't hungry at all, but I will keep the boiled egg with mayo idea in mind! It's weird that I don't mine boiled eggs, but fried or scrambled just gross me out, lol.
Also, Should I eat something even if I'm not hungry, like after going with out food after X amount of hours? Or just wait until I am hungry?
Old 04-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #10  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Certainly an improvement over your previous meal postings especially since you have an actual calorie count.

You would probably benefit by consuming less sugar for breakfast and more protein. At minimum I'd suggest you ditch the OJ and have more actual fruit. Fruit juice is essentially like drinking a sugary soda + vitamins.

Also - how many grams of protein did you end up with for the day?
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #11  
Time For Change

John - Time to go out and buy some oranges then.
I'm not sure if this is in grams or not but it says I had 82 out of 79, so it says daily total -3 ...

I think its just calories in general.

Last edited by ElociN2392; 04-30-2012 at 02:30 PM.