Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Default Progress NSV

I make little video blogs for myself on my computer updating my weight loss progress. I've been doing this since February. I uploaded another video this week, and as I was saving it I saw another video from June 2010! It was a video blog I had made right around the time I first joined 3fc. In the video, I discussed how I had been eating a raw food diet and lost 12 lbs. Well, of course, I fell off the raw food wagon shortly thereafter (it was too extreme for me) and didn't lose anymore weight until I restarted about 1 year later. However, I was so much bigger in this video! I guess I was around 200lbs. Although the video just showed me from my shoulders up, my face was so round and my chins were so prominent. I was wearing a shirt that I thought of as slenderizing (ummm...it wasn't) - I wore that shirt to death! I think it is still in my closet, but I haven't worn it in many months. Anyway, it was cool to see the progress I have made in the form of a video.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 AM   #2  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Excellent! It must be an awesome feeling! and I do understand about the shirt
The video blog is a great idea!
Just out of curiosity, how are you doing it now?
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #3  

Thanks! I just record video updates from my phone and upload them to my computer. I don't share them on any web sites. They are just for me to look back and gauge my progress.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

LOL! Loved the comment on the prominence of your chins... plural!

That's a great NSV!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
I make little video blogs for myself on my computer updating my weight loss progress. I've been doing this since February. I uploaded another video this week, and as I was saving it I saw another video from June 2010! It was a video blog I had made right around the time I first joined 3fc. In the video, I discussed how I had been eating a raw food diet and lost 12 lbs. Well, of course, I fell off the raw food wagon shortly thereafter (it was too extreme for me) and didn't lose anymore weight until I restarted about 1 year later. However, I was so much bigger in this video! I guess I was around 200lbs. Although the video just showed me from my shoulders up, my face was so round and my chins were so prominent. I was wearing a shirt that I thought of as slenderizing (ummm...it wasn't) - I wore that shirt to death! I think it is still in my closet, but I haven't worn it in many months. Anyway, it was cool to see the progress I have made in the form of a video.
Dear Guac,

I'm going to take your suggestion of the video and use it! Your post caught my eye because your starting weight is the exact same as mine was in 2010 when I started the SBD journey.

I am a 43-yr-old energy consultant, working from home while raising three beautiful kids, ages 14, 12, and 9. I lost 60lbs on the South Beach Diet in 2010. I went from 212 lbs to 152 lbs. -- 7 lbs shy of my goal. I looked great and felt even better. To make a very long story short, Multiple family crises caused my stress level to skyrocket, and the good habits I had developed to fall by the wayside. As a result, in 2011, I regained half of what I lost. Today I weigh 182 lbs. I hate the way I look (again), and feel physically and, even more so, emotionally terrible.

I have been procrastinating about getting back to the SBD way of eating, because I am beating myself up about regaining half the weight. My worst fears throughout my weight loss period have come true -- that I would gain it back.

I just joined 3FC today, because I'm hoping to hear from any of you who have gone through a similar experience, or from those who have thoughts and suggestions to offer. I am making a commitment to myself to get back on track, and take off at least the amount I gained.

I was a paying member of the SBD website while loosing the weight, and I credit the camaraderie and tools with being major factors in my success. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the membership any longer. Hoping the 3FC forums will serve as a great replacement!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheri
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #6  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
...I was wearing a shirt that I thought of as slenderizing (ummm...it wasn't) - I wore that shirt to death! I think it is still in my closet, but I haven't worn it in many months. Anyway, it was cool to see the progress I have made in the form of a video.
Congratulations! now go dig out that shirt and take a picture of yourself in it
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #7  

Thanks for the comments, ladies! Sometimes it is nice to actually see the difference before your eyes. Photos aren't as much of an option for me because I tended to avoid cameras at my high weight and also (I wrote a post about this today) I became adept at taking flattering face photos that hid my weight for sites like Facebook. It's harder to "hold it all in" during a video monologue!

twinieten - oh yes, there were a few of them hiding out under my neck! There is still a little waddle hanging on for dear life - hopefully it will take a hike soon!

Seahorse - congratulations on your determination to get back on track! Weight loss is a journey both physical and emotional. Nothing is wasted, because you have learned from your experiences. You lost weight once before - you know what you need to do to lose it again. You'll get there! 3FC is a fabulous forum and support system - and it's free! There is a Regainers Relosing thread in the 100lb forum that might be useful for you.

mahtha - I might just do that!

Last edited by guacamole; 04-30-2012 at 03:52 PM.