Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #1  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Question about Phase 1

Hey ladies. I'm starting on Tuesday and I'm so excited! But I have a question about the lean protein source, since I've read varying opinions. I understand that the diet is improving all the time, so that's why I wanted to ask, just to be sure. On my Phase 1 sheet, the meat is listed as "5-8 oz of fish, seafood, beef, paultry, pork, or veal." I've read that it's actually 8 oz of fish, but everything else (chicken, beef, etc.) should only be 5 oz. I don't want to be a cheater, so just to clarify, does the current Phase 1 sheet mean it is okay for me to eat, say 8 oz of beef?
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Yes, it changed last year to 8 ounces of any type of animal protein. That seems like an awful lot at first.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #3  

Smile going on ip diet tomorrow

I cant afford to do the diet from clinic, so I am doing a copy cat version. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get snacks from? I have the protein shake drinks, but need help finding others.
shejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
Hey ladies. I'm starting on Tuesday and I'm so excited! But I have a question about the lean protein source, since I've read varying opinions. I understand that the diet is improving all the time, so that's why I wanted to ask, just to be sure. On my Phase 1 sheet, the meat is listed as "5-8 oz of fish, seafood, beef, paultry, pork, or veal." I've read that it's actually 8 oz of fish, but everything else (chicken, beef, etc.) should only be 5 oz. I don't want to be a cheater, so just to clarify, does the current Phase 1 sheet mean it is okay for me to eat, say 8 oz of beef?
Hi! You've made the best choice by choosing this diet. It does work!

It is 8 ounces and some weigh after it's cooked and some before...I chose before because some types of protein cook down and you're actually consuming less than 8. I've done this successfully for my initial 5 months of P1!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shejon View Post
I cant afford to do the diet from clinic, so I am doing a copy cat version. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get snacks from? I have the protein shake drinks, but need help finding others.
Hi! You have so many options. Do a google search for Ideal Protein, 3 fat chicks, alternatives. There are countless posts about alternatives. I'm doing alts and get all of mine from Nashua Nutrition.

Good luck! (which you don't really need if you're following this diet )
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #6  

Oojoy
As Newenglander said. It is 8 oz
Here is a link where you can find all of the current IP sheets:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html

Shelton: Here is a link to the alternative thread. It'll take some time to read thru it but the info is well worth it!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote