Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #1  
Sam-I-Am

S/C/G: 324/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Default trying to regain motivation

man, im not sure what happened, but i completely lost motivation to exercise overnight. i went on a walk every day for 16 days, the poof! the desire was gone. its been 2 days since i have gone out for my nightly walk.

i have still been eating on plan, i went a couple hundred calories over one day, but ive been doing well.

how do i get my motivation back? i know i just need to stand my fat butt up and go walk, but it sounds absolutely horrible.

oh well, hubby says its time to go walk around the park. so i guess hes making me be motivated... lol. we will see how well that works out.
samcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #2  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Sometimes you've just got to fake it till you make it. I've never regretted getting in my exercise but I always regret not doing it. Maybe you need a little diversity. Take it a day at a time. Play mind games with yourself. Tell yourself you'll only do a short walk. Often getting started is the hard part. Once you get going, it's usually not that bad. I always say getting dressed is the hardest part of my workout. Do you have workout DVDs or a Wii or whatever the other active gaming consoles are? That might be something different to keep you excited on nights you don't want to leave the house.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #3  
Sam-I-Am

getting started is the hardest part, i think im slacking because it is finals week and i have 5 huge tests coming up. im so stressed out and i am constantly studying. my math grade is in jeopardy, so whenever i leave the house i think ' you should be studying for your math final'

i know i should be doing both, but im doing pretty good on my diet, and not so good in math. i know if i fail math, i will get depressed and my diet will definitely suffer. its just hard trying to balance it all right now.

sorry i know my grammar sucks right now, im sleepy and getting ready to start on my homework
Old 04-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #4  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

If you're having a rough week and finals and your diet is fine, it's okay to do what you need to do, without feeling guilty. Walking might be something to clear your mind after hours of studying but if it's stressing you out right now, I think you should take the week off to study. I know I certainly never went to the gym during finals week. I was too stressed trying to finish papers and study. Even now when I have deadlines, my workouts are pushed to the side. Not forever though. Once I'm less busy, I try to start up again. I try to keep up with my diet but yeah exercise suffers sometimes.

Don't stress so much about not getting your exercise in during final's week! Of all things! There's time enough afterwards. Good luck with your Maths final. I'll be praying you do well!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'3"

Don't be so hard on yourself! 16 days in a row of walking is great. Taking a break for a few days is ok...I'm sure you'll get your motivation back shortly!
redbird92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #6  
Sam-I-Am

i went out for a walk today, it was just a matter of making myself do it, and after clearing my head i am feeling a lot better, and more focused on my math homework. im really praying i do well on my math final, i dont know what i will do if i get a bad grade
Old 04-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #7  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I think they key is to just never stop trying. Each day is a new opportunity to do better. If you try each day to do better, eventually you will.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote