Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 4/28 - Sunday 4/29

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 04-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Well, phooey, I bought a new mattress and it is taking some getting used to. I wake up a lot in the night.

Yesterday was a god IP day. Some of them sail by and I am grateful for those!

I've felt so energetic and much more positive after getting about half way to goal. I have returned to an old hobby....sewing. I think it feeds a need to be creative or something. Anyway, I have been away from it for years. Now trying to regain the skills. It is not fun to struggle with what I was once pretty good at! I am taking it slow and making a point to not become frustrated. Anyway, it is fun and I am slowly remembering things and improving my "oneness" with my machine.

Has anyone found they got a new interest or revived one after losing weight?

Do you feel like you have returned to yourself in some way?

Anyhow, I am finding it interesting that the journey has become much more than just losing pounds for myself. Having fun for a change too!

A "dirty old man" had to chat me up while I browsed the undies section at the store today. Funny stuff. I might have hoped to attract a more desirable type, but I am not looking anyway! Thirty some pounds ago such things did not happen. In the old days, I did not like the male attention that sometimes resulted from weight loss. Heck, I am older now and was hoping it would not occur. I think I have finally reached an age and confidence level such that I can handle it better though!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Oops, double posted! I should be asleep!

Hope everyone has a great IP weekend!

Last edited by Samba; 04-28-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! I couldn't sleep so I got up and am having my tea. It's still dark out...

Samba - I felt exactly like that - people would say, it is a whole new you coming out, and I'd say, I've felt like the 'real' me was in a prison for the past 30 years and it is finally gaining it's freedom and can show itself.

I too have always loved sewing. I used to make my clothes many years ago, and appreciate a well made piece of clothing...the cut, the style, the texture/line/color...don't get me started. My sewing machines are an extension of my arms and hands. I only have a basic Kenmore and a Juki that is meant for free-motion quilting, and I love these work horses.

Well, I woke up worrying that I haven't made enough progress on the house. Can't seem to push myself as hard as I want to get things done. I think I'll take a hint from the many Phase 1 people here and do a 4th packet. I'm not even on Phase 1, but the IP products (and alternatives) really pack the extra protein without tons of calories, so they are a good resource. And...the sooner I get the house finished, the sooner I can get back to music and sewing!

Well, that's it for the moment. Hope you all have a wonderful, fun-filled Saturday!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Samba- years ago I loved to oil paint. I dont know why but I just stopped painting. My husband made me a painting room in the basement which is still there with my easel, paints, brushes and canvases but the room is now cluttered with storage stuff. I havent thought about painting again in a long time but you have inspired me to try. Maybe I will love it again. I am having my Niece's wedding shower here on 5/6 and have been getting ready for that, after that I am cleaning out my room and picking up a brush. Thanks.

Sewmam- You have done so much already to your house. I am always impressed of the amount of work you do. heck you are in Phase 4 Definetly have that extra packet. - I hope it helps with the extra energy.

Good Morning everybody

I had a terrific sleep, I feel great this morning. I have more yard stuff to do to get ready for that shower I am hosting here. Hopefully the rain holds out. Actually I am really hoping it doesnt rain next Friday on the shower day so I can have it outside. It will be a really tight fit with 30 women in my house. I will be praying to the sun Gods for no rain that day..

Have a great Saturday everybody and STAY ON PLAN.

Last edited by Cadu; 04-28-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5 9`

Morning all
No big plans for the week-end, gonna just relax, soooo nice to have a week-end off.
On a good note, down 2 more pounds.....so that put me real close to moving on to phase 2..
Have a great weekend
Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning. Hope everyone has a good day mine ended poorly and began the same! Just had my omelet I can still feel the hot sauce. Going to the pool with my rug rats later today and then need to stack wood, yuck.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

Good Morning friends! I have WI 4 today! I'm a little nervous...first time for that don't know why...I've been 100% OP since day 1 but I think now that eating this way is becoming a way of life I feel less sure I've gained...at first I thought "there's no way I didn't lose weight because I'm always hungry!" Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #9  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Where can I go to read up on IP the phases...... Not getting much coaching at all and wan to learn more. I've only had the info packet and a short initial consultation.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I slept well but woke up early so I am enjoying my coffee and checking in on everyone. I have plenty of projects to keep me busy this weekend.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank goodness I am home! I have been gone all week at a conference. It was extremely difficult to stay OP. At my conference, food was provided. Not only that, we were located right next to the airport so I was unable to drive anywhere and pick up food. I brought bars and drinks but it was a hard week. Up 4 lbs today....not surprised.

Hopping back on the horse this morning (well, more like as of last night). I wish I would have internet access where I was at but it cost way too much for a few hours. I needed some support from all of you here.

Glad to be back!! Hope you all have been doing well.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. Not too busy on the forum this morning. I had the worse sleep! I kept getting up, had weird dreams and now I am tired. Oh well!

My weight isn't coming down lately. I am on my second week of Phase 2 and loving it but still missing food very much. I fantasize about Phase 3. I can't wait to be in maintenance. The number on the scale isn't so important anymore. I make sure I don't gain everything back but I am ready to finish this so that I can exercise and maintain.

I learned a lot of things on this diet but I also learned that depriving myself of certain foods just makes me want them more. When I'll reach maintenance, I don't really want to follow IP's plan because it is still very restrictive! My goal is to eat all the healthy stuff and maybe follow the clean eating approach. Those of you on maintenance, don't you miss eating a balanced diet? I would appreciate your input on this.

Have a great OP day!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #13  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Good morning IPers.

This morning was my WI. Lost 2.2. Yipee. Being in my 60s and menopausal, 2 a week is GREAT.

My DH and I are on our way to a car show. We actually have two we can take. This is monumental to have two drivable at once (they all run, but have something that doesn't make them drivable down the road) The latest DH got drivable is my avatar. That was his birthday present a couple years ago.

Taking a protein bar for my snack and then some veggies.

Everyone have a great OP day.

Molly
Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning my IP family!

Nothing definitive planned for today, so knowing my life, that means I'll be out straight all day! lol

I'm still kind of confused about the new "freebies". Up until now I've been having 2 cups of celery between breakfast (6:00 am) and lunch (12:30) and have been counting it 1/2 of my daily veggies. Now that celery is considered 'free' I'm being told I can't count it as my veggies anymore and I have to find something else to replace it. Can that be true? Not many of the other veggies I like are as portable as celery, not to mention that I'm snacking with my students and 11 y.o. kids already think I'm weird enough eating celery every day, never mind if I had to start carting in something even more exotic. Please offer advice.

Samba Congrats on the new mattress… I need to start shopping soon. I haven't rediscovered any old/ new hobbies yet, but it's still the school year and I just don't have time for anything other than grading, planning and school stuff. I'm looking forward to longer days and some time over the summer, between classes, to bring out my long neglected painting once again.

Sewmam: Take it easy on yourself! You’ve gotten so much accomplished recently! I think you're doing a fabulous job!

Cadu: Good luck with shower. I'm always a nervous wreck when I host something - that my house isn't perfect enough, that my food won't be tasty enough, that I'll run out of something..... You sound much calmer than I would be.

Usmcvet: Keep your chin up! We all have bad days, but when you look at what you've accomplished so far, you have to take pride in that. Things are looking up for you. Enjoy your kids while they are still little. Mine are both 20 now and I simply can't believe that they are both on their own now. I miss having them home.

LJS100: Sending the 'whoosh fairy' your way (as long as you send her back to me on Wednesday. lol) Please post your results!

~*~*~*Have a great Saturday everyone!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Where can I go to read up on IP the phases...... Not getting much coaching at all and wan to learn more. I've only had the info packet and a short initial consultation.
When you open this forum, there are two red stickies at the top with great info. Go through these and I am sure you will find what you are looking for. Good luck on your journey. IP is a great program!!
Closed Thread