Height: 5' 9 3/4

User Name/Name: Jekel (Jennifer)

Starting weight/current/goal -163/151/145

Height: 5'9 3/4"

Marital Status: Divorced

Kids: one 16 year old son

Pets: 2 dogs, Mick and Coconut

Work: I am a caped crusader, crime fighter. Sounds cooler than my "real title"

History: I did not really have to worry about my weight until college. But like most teenage girls I thought I was overweight. Being taller than most of my friends I judged my weight against theirs, which was totally insane. Poor eating and endulging plus lack of exercise lead tommy highest weight of 207 before being pregnant. Topped off at 226 when I delivered my son 16 years ago then finally started to realize I was heading in. dangerous direction.

Through the years I have managed, with help of WW and NS to keep my weight below 175, ranging though from 141 to 163. I seem to lose weight when I pay for it. Sometimes financially, other times it is a medical issue. Recently I was down at my lower range, but self destruction brought me here.

I am tired of my own bad habits and finally admitted to a dear friend that I struggle with emotional binge eating. Just admitting out loud was cathartic and made me accountable to myself. He suggested SB, as he has been following it for years. I was hesitant, but reading the book things just made sense and I thought I needed to try something completely different.

Plan: Started on South Beach April 2012, the day after Easter.

Challenges: Myself! Being my worst critic I tend to focus on what I don't like about myself. Trying each day to embrace the positive things you may not see about me on the surface. I tend to stress and be anxious, which I am working on too.

Favorite diet cheat: Pizza

Hobbies: Gardening, reading, shopping, Broadway (LOVE seeing shows) and my newest hobby cycling/spinning.

Reasons for wanting to lose weight: I want to continue to enjoy an active lifestyle. Be a positive influence on my friends and family who struggle with their weight issues too. I am always putting everyone before myself. However, it is time to take care of me.

1st goal: Being honest with myself
2nd goal: 10%
Final goal: maintain weight 145 or less
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote