Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

Default When I'm eating badly, my house is much cleaner!

I've noticed that when I'm eating poorly or binging my house is spotless.

When I'm on the dieting wagon, I let everything else fall by the wayside, even my uni work. The dishes stack up. The carpets remain un-vacuumed. There's detritus everywhere. My shower grows mold.

I don't know why I do this. I think it's almost like when I'm eating badly and binging I have to make up for it in other ways to alleviate the guilt.

Anyone else have this problem?
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

That's really interesting! When you are eating "garbage" you clean up the literal garbage and when you are eating "clean" you don't clean. There's gotta be something to that!

And no, my house is messy whether or not I'm eating bad. LOL! I'm a terrible housekeeper.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258/209.2/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm the opposite actually, when I'm eating well I have more energy almost instantly, my mood is brighter and I feel like I want everything to be clean and tidy. When I'm eating poorly all I want to do is surf the internet, that's all the energy I have.
MariaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm also the opposite. When I'm on track with my eating, I'm feeling much better about myself and so that leads me to want to make my house look nice and clean. However, if I'm off track and binge eating, I end up not wanting to do much at all except sit around and stuff my face.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #5  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

My house is never spotless but I do let the house go when I am eating well. For me eating healthy is much more time and energy consuming than just eating and preparing something wily nilly. I spend a lot of time fighting against myself when eating healthy because I want so badly to fall back into old habits/cravings/grazing binges. I think things will improve with time though... or so I am hoping. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone!
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #6  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I actually can't seem to eat better unless I have a clean kitchen and house to work in, because I can't function properly in a mess.

And I know from experience . . . I've lived in a mess most of my life. I've been doing a lot better lately with it all.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Work 45 hours a week, husband works, but has heart issues, have 300 shelter belt trees to plant. Ya want to come over? I have an extra shovel.

My house is somewhere in between, time and Heart Dr. appts for the hub, and work and now we need to disc the ground and plant millet, and till the garden, and hang new gutters, and tear up the 5 acres closest to the house to get rid of the sticker plants, this will involve discing the ground every 2 weeks all summer, our neighbors are certified organic, so we don't want to spray, so dust, dirt, dirt, dust, etc.

And we still have to get someone to do the siding and roof from last years hail damage to the house.

And the list goes on and on. And with summer and gardening, which I love, housework gets lower and lower on my list.

However, each day, I feed the dogs and the cat, I dump the trash, I do one load of laundry, I set the coffee pot to start shortly before the alarm, and I do not go to bed with dirty dishes in my sink. These few items, make my life simpler when I get up
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #8  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I'm the same way. When I focus on weight loss, my house is a mess. Luckily, my husband is awesome and never complains since he knows he as the ability to clean it himself... so we end up just tag teaming it on the weekends once we both go "Holy crap this place looks terrible!"
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

When I am in full weight loss mode the house definitely suffers in proportion to the length of my work out hours/minutes. In the summer time hubby and I tend to walk 3 to 5 miles either while dinner is in the oven or crockpot...or as the daylight gets later and later it is sometimes after we eat dinner. This is time I would spend cleaning up the cooking mess or doing the dishes during winter months. So, yeah. I guess it is true at our house, too.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 308/307/198

Height: 5'2"

I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one.

I definitely think there's something in it! I think I'm intrinsically lazy when it comes to housework, but when I'm eating terribly, cleaning and making my surroundings look great in a way justifies what I'm doing, and helps to relieve some of the guilt.

When I'm on the wagon, so to speak, I look at the mess and think, "Oh well. At least I'm eating well and losing weight..." *shrug*

It doesn't upset me. I'd rather have a smaller body and a messy house than get bigger and bigger in a spotless house I'll never be able to leave.
Amy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #11  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I figure if at my eulogy, all they can say is "she was a great housekeeper", then I've kinda focused on the wrong things. . Unless it's the kind of stuff that causes damage, like spills on wood, or mold/mildew, it has to wait its turn.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #12  

I do EVERYTHING poorly when I lose weight. It just takes up a lot of my mental energy. I can work OK, pay bills, and lose weight. Haven't made my spa appts, haven't finished making drs appts, or anything other than the essential.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote