Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

Default Appetite... having one... not having one

I started IP on 4.9.12.

I went into Ketosis on day 4... my appetite has really subsided and has really been suppressed. However, it seems like when I eat my 1 cooked Meat Meal I am hungry and I eat my fill. but then my appetite is back to "meh". and I am forcing myself to finish my last IP packets.

anyone experiencing this or have having any appetite issues?
KBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

This happens, you must eat though. Trust me there will be days when you are hungry and days when you aren't. I drink more water on the hungry days and on the non-hungry days just drink the shakes and pretend they are water. You need to keep your packets up.

It takes me longer then that to get to ketosis, I think 5 days...very jealous!

Stick to the plan, you'll see results!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: High-258/224.5/135

Height: 5' 4"

I noticed this, too. Not fun. I also noticed that if I have anything with a lot of Splenda in it (Mio, WF), I am starved. Are you using a lot of WF products with your meat?
JoesHotWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #4  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I actually have my dinner last, I had the same trouble stuffing down a snack last and it fits in better with my schedule. I have breakfast @8am and lunch at noon. If I don't eat 4-5 hours between meals I feel rundown, food is fuel! But I also had trouble stuffing down all the food at once.

Before when I tried the breakfast-lunch-dinner-snack routine there was too much time between lunch@12pm and dinner@6pm (and that's with me rushing to cook&eat) that I would feel nauseous and then after dinner would choke down a snack at 10pm right before bedtime even though I was still STUFFED from dinner. I also had to split up my veggies through the day as I found it hard to stuff down 2 cups at a time.

I just make sure to get in 3 IP packets, 2 salads, 4 cups veggies, and 8oz protein a day.

Here's my schedule now:
Breakfast @ 8am: spinach smoothie (crispy cereal pancakes on the weekends)
Lunch @ 12pm: salad and soup+veggies
Snack @ 4pm: rhubarb and raspberry jelly - I take my son for a walk to the park @ 4:30pm daily, so the snack is critical to keep my energy. I couldn't do the walk when I had dinner before snack.
Dinner @ 8pm: salad + 8oz protein + veggies

I also limit my extra 0/0/0 items (Splenda, WF, miracle noodles) to be 6 or less per day. Just a reminder that the FDA allows anything less than 5 calories to be labeled "0". My coach advised me that just assume anything labeled 0/0/0 has 4 calories and 1 carb per serving (for example: Splenda has 4 cals/~1 carb per packet). It can really start adding up, especially when you don't note the proper serving sizes.

I am starting up my weightlifting class again (3x/week) and plan on changing up my snack to be a pudding (I love the dark chocolate) and adding the raspberry jelly as a 4th IP on my weightlifting days (Tue, Thur, Sat). There was some chatter about the collagen products (cran granata & raspberry jelly) not providing the full amino acid protein chain. I love the raspberry jelly and want to maintain the collagen intake (loose skin, cellulite help - need all the help I can get!), so this should keep up my intake and allow my weightlifting and full protein.

Last edited by LizRR; 04-27-2012 at 12:53 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #5  
Full of awesome

S/C/G: 259/177/150

Height: 5' 5"

My appetite has been non-existent since I went into ketosis a month ago. I pretty much only eat because I have to. Thankfully when I do, I don't get too full, so getting all my food in isn't an issue. But I have not felt actual hunger in a long time.
Shepard N7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Im experiencing that for the first time as we speak. Im trying to get my broc and cheese soup down my stomach is full but I got to eat it.
prettyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #7  

Im getting in my 3 pks. and Im going about 4-5 before I have an inkling to want to eat.

breakfast - 8am - choc Shake

didnt eat lunch until 1:30pm - I eat my dinner as lunch- salmon and goo gobbs of Kale with smoked turkey.

tryning to get thru 2.2liters of h20.. Im 3/4s of the way done.

gonna do a Peach Mango drink around 3:30-4pm.

going Prom shopping with my son after work ... so I will have my snack while Im out.

and do a soup when I get home from shopping

I aint gonna be hungry tho..... its forced eating fa' sho.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Im experiencing that for the first time as we speak. Im trying to get my broc and cheese soup down my stomach is full but I got to eat it.
how was your first WI?