Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #1  

Default Newbie here!

Hey Everybody!

I'm new to this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a work-at-home mom to an almost one-year-old son. Before getting pregnant, I was already a heavy lady, but I managed to gain 75lbs during my pregnancy! About half of that came off, but the rest is just hanging in there.

Whenever I've tried to diet while nursing, I've noticed a dramatic drop in my milk supply. I had wanted to nurse him for at least 18 months, but I've decided I just can't do being this big any longer. So I guess we'll take weaning as we go. He still nurses 5-6 times a day in addition to eating solids like they're going out of style.

Since I work from home and have a little baby in addition to being out in the middle of nowhere, I'm looking to do an at-home diet and exercise routine. I was thinking about the PINK method and of course, modifying it for my needs. Anyone try this?
LovelySpringMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! you sure have come to the right place

I'm also nursing my 7-month old daughter. The recommended weight loss with nursing is less than a half pound a week which I am almost meeting by only reducing my calorie intake a little bit. I've been having some supply issues, but I think that is more from pumping than anything else.

I can't speak for the PINK method. I'm just calorie counting and am down 4 pounds in the last two months. I'm still having a very hard time keeping exercise in my routine.
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote